• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
84 replies to this topic | 258 praises

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Same LCHF diet vs conventional medical advises again.. But this video is just release.

Here's the picture that wins the argument,yummy.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2016-10-04 16_48_13-Fat v Carbs with Jamie Owen BBC Documentary 2016 - YouTube.jpg

You have eaten 10 curry puffs, 4 cakes and a tao sar boa.
You have drunk 10 cokes, and a jug of sarsi and I don't know how.
All you do is waddle, when the others run.
Eat a little less, play a little more.
You will find that life is a lot more fun than it was before.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:51 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Till now my colleagues still frown when they see me eat my lunch.

Explain until sian.....
orion2006 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:47 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

every food is healthy but i believe one which is home cooked and prepared after a natural process of cooking

Patently false. By the way, what exactly is a natural process of cooking? Starting a fire with twigs and cooking over the raw flame?
Nolicense praised this
That is all.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

1 of my close friend is on this diet, 2 months and he lost about 40kg. 

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:37 PM

Ahseng
  • Premium member
    Ahseng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Good ley...last time cured my fatty liver.

But hard to maintain...cos we asians all love carbs.

Last 2 weeks restarted..now determination dropping...Become on and off.....weekend surely is anyhow jiak...

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:06 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Good ley...last time cured my fatty liver.

But hard to maintain...cos we asians all love carbs.

Last 2 weeks restarted..now determination dropping...Become on and off.....weekend surely is anyhow jiak...

Looking at my friend, I agree, self discipline is a major issue here. 

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Watched the entire video and its pretty much the same old high fat diet. There is some truth to it as I have personally tested it myself on the sugar portion.

How I did it was very simple; don't even need to see a doctor.

I wanted to find out what increases my weight the MOST. So I ate one type of food strictly for a week, e.g. high sugar, high carbo, high fat each for a week.

In my experiment, sugar is the main source of weight increase for me. I can put on a staggering 2KG a week if I kept eating things like ice cream, cakes, fruit bars.

However, if I take away sugar from my diet, e.g. high fat, high protein, high whatever except sugar, I tend to gain weight at a much slower pace.

Regular exercise of 180 mins a week where I maintain 33% (60 mins) of 80% max heart rate helps in enhancing body effectiveness e.g. mental sharpness, energy level, etc rather than losing weight. 

The only problem I have from less sugar is I am a great fan of fruits; bananas, durians, grapes, apples, oranges, etc. All these contributes tons of sugar but as usual, conflicting research from natural and man-made sugar didn't stop me from eating fruits. I wouldn't consider myself as a high fat low carb diet person because I eat tons of fruits (sugar).

In summary, less sugar works perfectly for me. Weight loss is mainly from eating less sugar and exercising contributes less to weight loss than eating the right stuff.

Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

Ghostami
  • Ghostami
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For me is no rice and starchy stuff, take away those plus sugar I hardly put on weight even without any exercise.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Weez911
  • Premium member
    Weez911
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm not a doc but I believe in eating everything in moderation.

I think too much fats will also increase LDL and cause other health issues.
Neutrino and Pinobii praised this

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Watched the entire video and its pretty much the same old high fat diet. There is some truth to it as I have personally tested it myself on the sugar portion.

How I did it was very simple; don't even need to see a doctor.

I wanted to find out what increases my weight the MOST. So I ate one type of food strictly for a week, e.g. high sugar, high carbo, high fat each for a week.

In my experiment, sugar is the main source of weight increase for me. I can put on a staggering 2KG a week if I kept eating things like ice cream, cakes, fruit bars.

However, if I take away sugar from my diet, e.g. high fat, high protein, high whatever except sugar, I tend to gain weight at a much slower pace.

Regular exercise of 180 mins a week where I maintain 33% (60 mins) of 80% max heart rate helps in enhancing body effectiveness e.g. mental sharpness, energy level, etc rather than losing weight. 

The only problem I have from less sugar is I am a great fan of fruits; bananas, durians, grapes, apples, oranges, etc. All these contributes tons of sugar but as usual, conflicting research from natural and man-made sugar didn't stop me from eating fruits. I wouldn't consider myself as a high fat low carb diet person because I eat tons of fruits (sugar).

In summary, less sugar works perfectly for me. Weight loss is mainly from eating less sugar and exercising contributes less to weight loss than eating the right stuff.

Ghostami

Posted Today, 01:35 PM

For me is no rice and starchy stuff, take away those plus sugar I hardly put on weight even without any exercise.

Hi buddy, are you a fan of fruits like me? If yes, do you notice if the sugar from fruits add to your weight?

Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. No profanity, obscenities of any kind and personal attacks on other users.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

eat less in moderation and pcc more. Confirm can maintain sub 30" waistline beyond 50 yrs old!
Together We stand Alone

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm not a doc but I believe in eating everything in moderation.

I think too much fats will also increase LDL and cause other health issues.

not exactly bro, the main culprit here is carbs.

go on a high fat diet and your cholesterol result will amaze you. HDL up & LDL down, triglycerides also plunge.

but it must be natural fats and not man made.

Lard and coconut is the best.

btw i tried on myself for almost 3 months and went for blood test before and after.

Its proven at least for me. :a-panic:

Kb27 praised this

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

not exactly bro, the main culprit here is carbs.

go on a high fat diet and your cholesterol result will amaze you. HDL up & LDL down, triglycerides also plunge.

but it must be natural fats and not man made.

Lard and coconut is the best.

btw i tried on myself for almost 3 months and went for blood test before and after.

Its proven at least for me. :a-panic:

You take fruits?

Disclaimer:

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You take fruits?

zero fruits then when i was really hardcore about it.

fruits are sugar on a tree, according to bro chickenbackside. And of course fructose.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:48 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

zero fruits then when i was really hardcore about it.

fruits are sugar on a tree, according to bro chickenbackside. And of course fructose.

Haha, that's the problem, I take tons of fruits.

Disclaimer:

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can eat as much sugar or fat as you like but never together especially in a 50 - 50 ratio.

Say you wanted to eat sugar and keep spooning into your mouth.

After a few spoons you would stop and cannot take it anymore.

Say you wanted to eat fat and drank unsweetened cream and 

after a few mouthfuls its so rich you would stop.

They fed both to rats one at a time and the rats didn't get fat.

Now to get fat just combine both. Add the sugar to the cream

and better still freeze it and you can eat really a lot of it. Me I can

eat those Hagaan Dass tubs all by myself. Another 50 50 combo

is cheesecake, I can finish a Sara Lee whole box in a day, every day.

The other 50 50 combo is glazed donuts. Three, four at a time no problem.

They fed cheesecake to rats (they should have used humans for this kind

of cruel experiments) and all the rats became obese.

The simple fact is the human brain has no switch off button for sugar and fat

in 50 - 50 combination. Eating sugar your brain will stop you, eating fat your

brain will stop you. But the brain has no stop signal for ice cream, cheesecake

glazed donuts etc and that's why people become fat.

:D  

Angcheek praised this
The Secret to Happiness
is to Simplify and
not to Multiply.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

Windwaver
  • Windwaver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Haha, that's the problem, I take tons of fruits.

Issue is fruits are also sugar right?

Disclaimer:

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Issue is fruits are also sugar right?

fructose like i mentioned along with those sugar like sucrose and glucose.

Newbie26 praised this

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:33 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You can eat as much sugar or fat as you like but never together especially in a 50 - 50 ratio.

Say you wanted to eat sugar and keep spooning into your mouth.

After a few spoons you would stop and cannot take it anymore.

Say you wanted to eat fat and drank unsweetened cream and

after a few mouthfuls its so rich you would stop.

They fed both to rats one at a time and the rats didn't get fat.

Now to get fat just combine both. Add the sugar to the cream

and better still freeze it and you can eat really a lot of it. Me I can

eat those Hagaan Dass tubs all by myself. Another 50 50 combo

is cheesecake, I can finish a Sara Lee whole box in a day, every day.

The other 50 50 combo is glazed donuts. Three, four at a time no problem.

They fed cheesecake to rats (they should have used humans for this kind

of cruel experiments) and all the rats became obese.

The simple fact is the human brain has no switch off button for sugar and fat

in 50 - 50 combination. Eating sugar your brain will stop you, eating fat your

brain will stop you. But the brain has no stop signal for ice cream, cheesecake

glazed donuts etc and that's why people become fat.

:D

I watched a TV show where they did an experiment. Offered random people any donut they wanted. The plain glazed donut was the winner. Cos its fat and sugar ratio is the most ideal.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:38 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Unfortunately, cheap carbo keeps your stomach full.

If you merely eat anything else, you'll be left hungry.

Kangadrool praised this

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: carbohydrate, fats, diet and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users