• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:55 PM

M2469
  • Premium member
    M2469
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Info sharing purpose..

4AT

Mfg yr: Jan 2009

Mileage: 121k km

Think old sparkies didn't change 50k km when bought 2nd hand, no 2 coil failed cosing car humming sound, vibrating & lose of power with high FC..

Replaced new:

4 x ignitions coils, 2 mij & 2 made in mexico!! ($129.6 ea, excl gst)

4 x denso plugs (FXE20HE11) ($42.5 ea, excl gst)

Above r "friendship" prices, 10% discount & no labor charges KB AS..

Clipboard.jpg Clipboard1.jpg

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

And people still say jap parts are cheap.

Not really......
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:20 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah, sounds expensive.

I replaced Avante coil-on-plug, less than $70 each.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:31 PM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Latio & sylphy engine is HR15DE which is born after nissan & renault got married.

From that day nissan parts are no longer cheap.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

orangemonkey
  • orangemonkey
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Latio & sylphy engine is HR15DE which is born after nissan & renault got married.

From that day nissan parts are no longer cheap.

So Nissan using nissanxrenault engine is conti performance? :)

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

it seems like the ignition coil for Latio is not very lasting. my dad's car had to replace 3 such coils on the 8th and 9th year.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:31 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Just check Kia Carens coil 273013C000 (27301-3C000), USD 33 per piece.

Edited by Apple-Tree, 05 October 2016 - 04:31 PM.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

Shando
  • Shando
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

$170 for latio plugs are a bit expensive, i remember i bought it for around $110 for my FIL.

Edited by Shando, 05 October 2016 - 05:30 PM.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

Acewin
  • Acewin
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Info sharing purpose..

4AT

Think old sparkies didn't change 50k km when bought 2nd hand, no 2 coil failed cosing car humming sound, vibrating & lose of power with high FC..

Replaced new:

attachicon.gifClipboard.jpgattachicon.gifClipboard1.jpg

I think Latio spark plug recommendation is to change at 100K. IIRC

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:14 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wow ...... first time heard that, never change before for all my car.

My Carens 220kkm, still OK lor.....

I think Latio spark plug recommendation is to change at 100K. IIRC

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

Sabretan
  • Premium member
    Sabretan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Spark plugs muz change at regular intervals depending on ur car make. Ignition coil usually change only when spoiled. If u have been driving ur car long enuf, ignition coil spoil symptoms include sluggish acceleration, higher fuel consumption . But still can drive arnd. My previous Jap ride nvr had to change ignition coil. Conti ride had to change once in its 9 yrs journey of 180000km

Edited by Sabretan, 05 October 2016 - 08:42 PM.

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

M2469
  • Premium member
    M2469
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

$170 for latio plugs are a bit expensive, i remember i bought it for around $110 for my FIL.

Including labor to install?

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:12 PM

M2469
  • Premium member
    M2469
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Wonder anyone replaced same items JB & the cost?

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:43 PM

Apple-Tree
  • Premium member
    Apple-Tree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ownself do can ...... FREE !!

Including labor to install?

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:02 PM

Jonpaul0104
  • Premium member
    Jonpaul0104
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Info sharing purpose..
4AT

Replaced new:

attachicon.gifClipboard.jpgattachicon.gifClipboard1.jpg

Think this is AS prices......i changed mine at AS Changi beginnig this year for same price.....without "friendship price".....

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:37 AM

Pudditat
  • Pudditat
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I just bought myself coils to replace on my Latio from aliexpress and they cost about USD17 including postage cos I wasn't prepared to pay the ~$120 per piece. after changing 1 at the workshop. They are working fine so far.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:16 AM

Zafira18
  • Zafira18
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Think this is AS prices......i changed mine at AS Changi beginnig this year for same price.....without "friendship price".....

this kind of price is more expensive than conti rides....comparing to original parts...

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

Jonpaul0104
  • Premium member
    Jonpaul0104
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I just bought myself coils to replace on my Latio from aliexpress and they cost about USD17 including postage cos I wasn't prepared to pay the ~$120 per piece. after changing 1 at the workshop. They are working fine so far.

really can work?

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

Pudditat
  • Pudditat
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Confirm can work, just make sure you order the correct model. Coil 4 is the only one that is easy to get to without having to remove the exhaust manifold, it can be accessed by removing the oxygen sensor above it to make space to remove. The other 3 are under the manifold and you need a ratchet wrench which you can get at any neighborhood hardware shops for about $20, to remove the bolts. (I order my set from aliexpress for $10usd)

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

Legan
  • Legan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Confirm can work, just make sure you order the correct model. Coil 4 is the only one that is easy to get to without having to remove the exhaust manifold, it can be accessed by removing the oxygen sensor above it to make space to remove. The other 3 are under the manifold and you need a ratchet wrench which you can get at any neighborhood hardware shops for about $20, to remove the bolts. (I order my set from aliexpress for $10usd)

Hi, my Latio has sluggish pick up and I'll like to try changing the coils. can you share the link to get the coils please?

Thanks

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Ace Chrome & Restorations Pte Ltd

Ace Chrome & Restorations Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jookee  |  Neutral Newbie

Submitted photos of my damaged car to them for a quote and I send it to them for the repair. My left side door and rear fender areas are damaged and I initially thought that a flawless repair would be close to impossible.

Having collected my car after 3 days (I can understand this as I know it is a tough job), I find the quality of the repair excellent. In f... » Read More

SgGarage Edwin

SgGarage Edwin  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Xiaoyap11  |  Neutral Newbie

Last wed, i send in my car for major repair/replacement for my renew COE Edix.

The price was reasonable and the service from Edwin and his team was excellent.
( Cheap not good, Good not cheap, Good and reasonable must get it )

On top of those standard timing belt, engine mounting, all 4 absorbers, lower arm, radiator and flushing of all my car... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, latio, sedan, ignition and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users