Nissan Latio Ignition Coils Replacement

M2469

I am replacing my ignition latio ignition coil now at Tampines after running about 130k. $520 including labour for all 4 coils

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi All

I've a coming to 10years old Nissan Sylphy and trying to renew 5years COE.

I'm looking for a good and honest workshop to do a major service, any recommendation from bros here.

Thanks in Advance.

IMHO, just take it to Tan Chong. I find their general servicing the best and not unreasonable. If you need to change A/C Compressor then use outside workshop otherwise I find TC pricing and workmanship is not bad.

Info sharing purpose..

4AT

Mfg yr: Jan 2009

Mileage: 121k km

Think old sparkies didn't change @ 50k km when bought 2nd hand, no 2 coil failed cosing car humming sound, vibrating & lose of power with high FC..

Replaced new:

4 x ignitions coils, 2 mij & 2 made in mexico!! ($129.6 ea, excl gst)

4 x denso plugs (FXE20HE11) ($42.5 ea, excl gst)

Above r "friendship" prices, 10% discount & no labor charges @ KB AS..

attachicon.gifClipboard.jpgattachicon.gifClipboard1.jpg

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for reading my email.

This is Tianjin TianHengYongTai Technology Development Co.,Ltd., specialized in manufacturing aftermarket high energy ignition coils for more than 10 years. 

Based on the technology advantage of Tianjin Internal Combustion Engine Research Institute (www.ticeri.com) which plays a prominent role in the Chinese internal combustion engine as a R&D and consultation academic institution, we supply Nissan Latio

and the other famous cars' ignition coils with high quality and competitive price.Our coils give higher voltage for a stronger spark at the plugs, giving better performance on modified engines. 

Hope to establish long-term business relationship with you.FREE SAMPLES will be shipped per you required.

Please pay attention that we can modify and manufacture products exclusively for you according to your samples, drawings and requirements.

Thanks for accepting my e-mail and taking the time to reply!

Regards

Eric

Company: Tianjin TianHengYongTai Technology Development Co.,Ltd. 

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 86-22-2812 7690 

Fax: 86-22-2812 6320

Zip Code: 300220

Address: ROOM 303, NO. 17 YUJIANG ROAD, HEXI DISTRICT, TIANJIN 300220 CHINA

Hi, my Latio has sluggish pick up and I'll like to try changing the coils. can you share the link to get the coils please?

Thanks

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for reading my email.

This is Tianjin TianHengYongTai Technology Development Co.,Ltd., specialized in manufacturing aftermarket high energy ignition coils for more than 10 years. 

Based on the technology advantage of Tianjin Internal Combustion Engine Research Institute (www.ticeri.com) which plays a prominent role in the Chinese internal combustion engine as a R&D and consultation academic institution, we supply Chrysler,Audi,BMW,Ford,Chevrolet,Cadillac,Buick,MazdaMX-5,LancerEVO,Nissan skyline,Porsche,Subaru,Toyota,Lexus,Dodge,Jeep,Honda,

and the other famous cars' ignition coils with high quality and competitive price.Our coils give higher voltage for a stronger spark at the plugs, giving better performance on modified engines. 

Hope to establish long-term business relationship with you.FREE SAMPLES will be shipped per you required.

Please pay attention that we can modify and manufacture products exclusively for you according to your samples, drawings and requirements.

Thanks for accepting my e-mail and taking the time to reply!

Regards

Eric

Company: Tianjin TianHengYongTai Technology Development Co.,Ltd. 

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 86-22-2812 7690 

Fax: 86-22-2812 6320

Zip Code: 300220

Address: ROOM 303, NO. 17 YUJIANG ROAD, HEXI DISTRICT, TIANJIN 300220 CHINA

• Dislike 1

Sorry to hijack this thread as I'm a new user to this forum (less than 10 posts), not able to start a new topic.

Need some advice urgently from the experts here  - Car vibrates when idle.

I'm driving Nissan Latio (2005). When my car is at idling state, I can feel strong vibration. It didn't vibrate continuously during idle, it just come and go for a while (last about 2-3 secs). Whenever the vibration came, I noticed the alternator output voltage will drop ard 13V (read from dashboad voltmeter). This problem always happen whenever my car came to a stop. The vibration more obvious during raining days.

Last Tue morning even worse, when I cold start the car, the vibration happen again. This time the vibration can be felt even stronger (lasted about 5 secs). I quickly stepped on the accelerator to increase the rpm (under Park mode), the vibration eventually went away. And this time I noticed when it vibrate, the alternator output voltage dropped slightly below 13V. (when cold start engine output voltage hit 14V, and then within a few secs, it dropped to ard 13V)

I send to Tan Chong for a checkup, They said have to change the whole sets of ignition coil (x4). They didnt explain much to me more details. Before that, I asked them to check my alternator as well, they said my alternator is ok. I just had my car battery changed 2 months ago.

What would be the possible cause? Is it really the ignition coil problem? I would like to seek some advice from the experts here. Now I'm in dilemma should I change the ignition coil or observe it for time being? Thanks.

Sorry to hijack this thread as I'm a new user to this forum (less than 10 posts), not able to start a new topic.

Need some advice urgently from the experts here - Car vibrates when idle.

I'm driving Nissan Latio (2005). When my car is at idling state, I can feel strong vibration. It didn't vibrate continuously during idle, it just come and go for a while (last about 2-3 secs). Whenever the vibration came, I noticed the alternator output voltage will drop ard 13V (read from dashboad voltmeter). This problem always happen whenever my car came to a stop. The vibration more obvious during raining days.

Last Tue morning even worse, when I cold start the car, the vibration happen again. This time the vibration can be felt even stronger (lasted about 5 secs). I quickly stepped on the accelerator to increase the rpm (under Park mode), the vibration eventually went away. And this time I noticed when it vibrate, the alternator output voltage dropped slightly below 13V. (when cold start engine output voltage hit 14V, and then within a few secs, it dropped to ard 13V)

I send to Tan Chong for a checkup, They said have to change the whole sets of ignition coil (x4). They didnt explain much to me more details. Before that, I asked them to check my alternator as well, they said my alternator is ok. I just had my car battery changed 2 months ago.

What would be the possible cause? Is it really the ignition coil problem? I would like to seek some advice from the experts here. Now I'm in dilemma should I change the ignition coil or observe it for time being? Thanks.

The experts are tan Chong. Since you have went to them, just pay for the replacement for peace of mind

Neutral Newbie

@skylineRR my qashqai had similar symptoms...it was a sign of iggy coil failing...after changing whole set of coils...car is ok. PM me if you need recommendation on where to change your coils if you think price quoted is too ex.

Neutral Newbie

Managed to get Hitachi Ignition Coils and Denso Spark Plugs (Both Made in Japan) from Waterloo Street parts shop. Replace the parts by myself with the info provided on this forum. Parts were ard 300 after GST.

Car is Year 2010 Nissan Teana J32, 2.0L (4-cylinder)    Mileage is ~123,500km.

Was driving at ECP and then found the car jerky whenever I tapped lightly at the accelerator.

And it became more dragging as I drove, there was a loss of power.  Vibration could be felt.

When I stopped at the traffic light in front of Vivocity, the engine suddenly stalled. Luckily, I managed to re-start the engine again and drove to a public car park to wait for a tow truck.

In the end, changed, the followings:

1. ignition coils x 4 = $360 (total for 4).

2. spark plugs = $90 (set of 4)

3. labour  = $30.

Total  = $480.

Seems cheaper than Latio?

Edited by Albeniz