Showster

69 members have voted

1. 1. How much space do you require?

• 10 sqft (about 1m square)
    • 30 sqft (about 2 m square)
    • 100 sqft (about 3 m square)
    • 1000 sqft (about 10 m square)
    • 100000 sqft or more

Supreme leadership comments...knn la... of cos not the banging action nia la..

It's the underlying starting a new family that needs the space.

Unless she's advocating banging and have fun yolo for life

↡ Advertisement

I think her intent for citizens to increase the birth rate was good, but her delivery of her intent not great. 

I think the city's high cost of living, coupled with the chinese's kiasu mindset, have an adverse effect on our overall birth rate.

I will leave the govt to manage the cost of living.

The chinese's kiasu mentality is not that different from that of the Japanese's, Koreans' and Taiwanese's. Notice these countries also have very low birth rate. If we can solve this kiasu mystery, then prolly we can see an increase in the number of babies assuming lower cost of living. 

• Praise 6

to be precise you need the urge and physical being able to have sex to copulate.

for that this helps :

herb_danggui.jpg

and when the fundamentals are there,babies come naturally.

just see the post-WW2 baby-boom when everything was stable.

Is the comment "You need a very small space to have sex" really that offensive? I don't get it.

Give chance lah.....got many plus size people around. 

• Praise 9

Is the comment "You need a very small space to have sex" really that offensive? I don't get it.

to me, it is offensive because this statement besides trying to confuse (the maker of the statement would have to assume daft readers to be able to pull off this act of confusing them) the issue being lobbied is about copulation and conveniently sidesteps the importance of a roof and shelter in building up a home and family.  for many like me, it didn't have to be a statement applicable to me for me to find it offensive.  i am sure many are also offended by calvin cheng's statement on terrorist kids and LKY's comments on daft aljunied grc voters even though they are not muslims (for former case) or not living in aljunied grc (in latter case).

i didn't ask other folks why they find the statement offensive but it is clear many other also find it offensive.  i would be able to hazard a few guesses as well and it is definitely not because people have an axe to grind against her.  otherwise, why would people still remember her comments about people having a choice of time to take the mrt to work?

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 2

Im quite offfended actually cos now I cannot do my favourite helicopter style... how now.. [:p]

• Praise 2

Don't really need much space to have sex...

But do need a comfortable space to make love so as to have a child :)

And to have a comfortable space, can't really do in someone 's house, right?

Always good to have a home first, enjoy a life of 2 persons coming together and then make love so that sexing is relaxing enough to produce a child :)

The Minister has spoken - you don't need that much space!

No explicit details or OT tiko directions please. This is about population, housing and nation building.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ministers-rejoinder-to-no-flat-no-child-belief

You do not need much space to have sex.

That was the feisty rejoinder from Senior Minister of State Josephine Teo, who oversees the National Population and Talent Division, to a question on whether young people are not getting their flats early enough to have children.

The suggestion was that this could be a chicken-and-egg problem. To qualify for the Parenthood Priority Scheme, which gives first- time married couples first dibs on getting a flat, they must be expecting or have a citizen child below 16.

But to have a child, some say they need to have a flat first.

With a straight face, Mrs Teo declared: "You need a very small space to have sex."

ST_20161012_YOUNG12LYB9_2661297.jpg

ST_20161012_YOUNG12LYB9_2661297.jpg?itok

Related StoryBuild support networks for young parents: Josephine Teo

st_20161012_young12y6zi_2661401.jpg

st_20161012_young12y6zi_2661401.jpg?itok

Related StoryStriving to balance work, life and raising kids

millennials2.jpg

millennials2.jpg?itok=pcrbScjM

Related StoryMillennials are ‘gung-ho’: Josephine Teo

Known for her candid blog posts on dating and marriage, Mrs Teo does not mince her words - think "menstruation" and "cysts" - when it comes to urging young people to look for love and settle down early.

In an interview on marriage and parenthood issues last week, the mother of three teenage children tackled issues ranging from infertility to why the Government should not be "too kaypoh" (Hokkien for busybody).

She noted that the Singaporean love story has a different arc from that of countries in the West. "In our case, man meets woman, man falls in love with woman, man proposes to woman, they then plan the wedding and do the house," she said.

"In France, in the UK, in the Nordic countries, man meets woman, tonight they can make a baby already. They love each other. Both of them partly have their own family, so it is a matter of living in yours or living in mine, and they also don't have to worry about marriage - that comes later," she added.

So how about having a couple declare that they wish to have a child in two years and get the flat first?

• Measures being considered to coax couples to marry and have babies
  • Housing

•Reduce the wait for Build-To-Order Housing Board flats

Childcare

•Increase childcare spaces to two for every three children

•Look for suitable spaces in buildings, such as underutilised carparks, that can be converted into childcare centres

•Attract childcare teachers through better pay and career planning, and elevate their social status to that of school teachers

Caring for babies at home

•Match local nannies to those who need them

•Train maids to look after babies

At the workplace

•Get employers to offer flexible work arrangements and promote work-life balance, with the Government taking the lead as an employer

"What if they can't conceive? Take back the flat from them? How do you know they really tried to conceive? Can we check whether they use contraceptives? Cannot, right?" she replied, amused.

Instead of having the Government poke its nose into the bedroom, Mrs Teo relied instead on persuasion. She urged women to have babies early as they would not know if they are fertile or not.

"You never really know that you're not fertile until you try. Unfortunately, it is one of those things. There is no fertility indicator. As a woman you will know, if you have regular menstruation, okay, (there is a) likelihood. But maybe you have a major cyst and how would you know until you attempt to conceive, only to realise that you can't?"

The search for love is also not something to be left to chance, she said. "When I meet young people and ask if they go and look for upgrading opportunities, they said 'yes'. I said, 'What about love? Do you go and look for love?' They said 'no'. I said, 'Why not?' They said, 'If it happens, it happens'.

You need a decent amount of space to make love to your Wife, but you dun need much space to have sex with a whore or slut! So the question should be what kind of breed new generation Josephine Teo want? From a healthy family or unwed mum ?

Quick fix solution without proper planning become social problem in the future by everyone having sex in 1m2 maybe she is used to it since teenager times

• Praise 1

if the govt cannot make enough hdb for the citizen they have failed ... period.

they don't deserve the million dollar salary

of course they can ownself grade ownself B+ to A for performance

Actually nowadays young people quite easy to buy their first HDB what. Work a few years enough to pay for down payment using CPF and savings. And every year have bto reserved for first timers. Or am I wrong ? Edited by Ingenius

Don't worry, tomorrow she will come out to say her message was "misunderstood" or "misconstrued".

Basically saying we're too stupid to understand her high level thinking.

• Praise 4

Actually nowadays young people quite easy to buy their first HDB what. Work a few years enough to pay for down payment using CPF and savings. And every year have bto reserved for first timers. Or am I wrong ?

How can? 

Must have car, must have maid, must have childcare, must eat ho liao, must have their cafes, must have panerai, must travel, must have LV, Chanel etc.

If don't have, what will our friends and relatives say? [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Actually nowadays young people quite easy to buy their first HDB what. Work a few years enough to pay for down payment using CPF and savings. And every year have bto reserved for first timers. Or am I wrong ?

Not every young ppl the same leh.

I look ard my circle. Soccer mates, youngsters, mid 25's, zero savings and dont hold a regular job. Not easy to settle down. Then at my workplace, got hardworking youngsters and there are those daydreaming ones. But mostly hardworking ones are malaysians.

Daydreaming one, 25 yrs old, got married last year, expecting a kid in few months time. Wedding paid by parents(he told us one), driving a Altis and wana buy condo. He say cant afford SG condo so looking at condo in MY. No money still wana buy condo with a kid coming??? [dead]

Not every young ppl the same leh.

I look ard my circle. Soccer mates, youngsters, mid 25's, zero savings and dont hold a regular job. Not easy to settle down. Then at my workplace, got hardworking youngsters and there are those daydreaming ones. But mostly hardworking ones are malaysians.

Daydreaming one, 25 yrs old, got married last year, expecting a kid in few months time. Wedding paid by parents(he told us one), driving a Altis and wana buy condo. He say cant afford SG condo so looking at condo in MY. No money still wana buy condo with a kid coming??? [dead]

this case is the mindset not correct.

but also the better off ones are not having many children cos they expect every child make it to the top.

very perfectionist and product of the edu  and entire system.

while some less educated but well-off people just give birth and let the children develop on their on.

it is not only the physical but also the mental fundamentals deviate.

shooting out of the mouth(like one forumer like to put it) is without much consideration.

the fundamentals are not there.

not apologetic for that.

jo got daughter or not if got 80%of her looks i dont mind piak first .

ever tried the hotel toilet ...sexciting times

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement