Showster

69 members have voted

1. 1. How much space do you require?

• 10 sqft (about 1m square)
    • 30 sqft (about 2 m square)
    • 100 sqft (about 3 m square)
    • 1000 sqft (about 10 m square)
    • 100000 sqft or more

don't be a paedophile.  start with the mum first.

No need to do it sequentially - do them both at the same time lah, mother and daughter together

Actually nowadays young people quite easy to buy their first HDB what. Work a few years enough to pay for down payment using CPF and savings. And every year have bto reserved for first timers. Or am I wrong ?

Bo ah. Have you seen the cost of HDB lately? Compared to average starting pay for grads? Remember our guys usually start working around 24/25 after NS and uni. So work for 5 years already close to 30 years old.

That's assuming you already got GF when you start working. Many of us enter workforce single. Where got time to paktor and find GF some more?

Edited by Benarsenal

i think she had it all mixed up.

Most people want to have sex but without having babies, otherwise the streets will be full of babies.

if they want to have babies, they make love. At the height of the pleasure, there comes a gift....

But honestly, she is quite correct. You don't need a big space to have sex, if you are skillful, standing room will do... lol 

What is the difference between making love, having sex and making babies?

I am pro family and I want to do it right.

:D

I strongly encourage young people to settle down and have babies early. Don't drag until you have fertility problems.

Before our country is swarmed by foreigners.

too young , too wild  :XD:

• Haha! 1

I don't quite follow why she needs to bring up about the Western way of co-habiting cos that is definitely frown upon in our Asian culture n whilst I don't think she's encouraging this, her msg could be misconstrued n anyway I don't see the relevance to the issue of young couples wanting a new flat quickly.

Or am I missing something here?

they must show they are doing something to justify for their salary ma ... make sense or not is not important hahaha

• Praise 3

OK I read through all the replies, and I sorta get the gist of what she means (or wanted to mean).

Here is what I think:

Why must there be priority? Why can't they just make every married couple as equal, whether with kid coming or not?

For me this goes a bit beyond just starting a family. Allowing young couples to buy their own place quickly and cheaply also makes them more independent. 

There are some people who will never want to have kids, whether got flat or not. There are some people who will definitely want to have kids, whether got flat or not.

But a lot of people are in the middle class. They will only have kids when the conditions are right and they are confident that they can handle it. Usually this means, stable income, roof over their heads, got space to accommodate the children.

So rather than neow over who gets flats first or last, just give every couple a flat to help them out with at least one thing that is conducive to having children.

• Praise 1

These are the types who will eventually bring themselves to financial ruin, divorce and a broken family.

No brain to think.

Not every young ppl the same leh.

I look ard my circle. Soccer mates, youngsters, mid 25's, zero savings and dont hold a regular job. Not easy to settle down. Then at my workplace, got hardworking youngsters and there are those daydreaming ones. But mostly hardworking ones are malaysians.

Daydreaming one, 25 yrs old, got married last year, expecting a kid in few months time. Wedding paid by parents(he told us one), driving a Altis and wana buy condo. He say cant afford SG condo so looking at condo in MY. No money still wana buy condo with a kid coming??? [dead]

Owe you 5 points. Well written.

its not the sentence itself.

it is the mentality behind it that says it all.

who doesn't know you do not need a lot of space to have sex?

the question is, whether due consideration was put in to encourage people to have kids.

having sex is a few minutes to an hour commitment.

having kids is a 21 year commitment!

chui kong lam par song! anyone can say that.

and dun you dare start the "but-there-is-already-subsidies-in-place-to-offset-the-cost-of-raising-kids what" argument!
i will come over and slap you silly!
them subsidies are not even enough to cover the doctor's fees to deliver the child!

the only main reason why a lot of people look at getting a roof over their head first before considering kids is mainly financial!
if you are not financially strong enough to get a house, how are you going to be financially strong enough to bring a child to this world, let a lone 21 years (or at least minimally 16 years) of bringing up the child so that they can be independent AND economically viable?

it is a clear case of mis-matched expectations on the ground level and the million-dollar$ club!

PAP mini stars spewed lots of nonsense before but still won 70% of votes. So does that mean the 70% are beyond any redemption?

you seem to be swinging towards the notion that readers are being difficult.  you must not forget she is a politician and a minister.  as a minister she need to get the message across to get the buy-in from the constituents.  once she makes such a stupid statement,the message would have failed in getting across and she has failed in her objective and duties.  as a politician, she could have done much better not saying that to get into the bad books of people.

i dont think i miss the message (i already told you i can agree with you and her comments at 90% of them) nor is being difficult.  she directly equated people's concern about starting a family as a an act of sex which is mostly spontaneous and enjoyable.  it demeans the effort and sacrifice of setting up a home and the family as equivalent to sex which we hardly can call a sacrifice.  or as another forumer put it, you only need a small space to have sexual flings but you need much bigger one to procreate and set up a family.  by so saying, she had missed the gist of the argument and offended the people who are pro family.  

whether she is frivolous (in thinking she can get away with such lowly and misguided sidestep and act of trying to confuse) or she is stupid enough to think the requests came about as a need for sex than setting up a family, both doesn't reflect well on her as a minister and a politician.

if she is making the speech as a academic lecturer or non-partisan speaker, whereby she gotten 90% of her speech contents correct, she would have my endorsement and support instead.  this is clearly not a case of readers being difficult or missing the woods for the trees.  

sometimes in the bedroom

sometimes living room sofa

sometimes dining table

sometimes kitchen countertop

sometimes shower

sometimes bathtub

sometimes pool

sometimes exercise bench

sometimes balcony

sometimes garden

sometimes children rooms

sometimes maid's room

etc

you say need how much space?

• Praise 5

sometimes in the bedroom

sometimes living room sofa

sometimes dining table

sometimes kitchen countertop

sometimes shower

sometimes bathtub

sometimes pool

sometimes exercise bench

sometimes balcony

sometimes garden

sometimes children rooms

sometimes maid's room

etc

you say need how much space?

• Praise 2

To put it in even more simple terms, she got zero EQ.

my previous reply of

already addresses your latest point.  she is pro-family doesn't mean she can make avoid comments that rile other pro-family members.  a good mathematician doesn't mean he is good at talking and teaching mathematics.

watch and learn too much from serials.........haha 

Trying not to make jokes, so I will be serious...  [cool]

This ministar clearly doesn't know the ground well. Really too much of an elitist mindset already.

First of all yes you can have sex anytime anyplace. But raising a kid is different.

they dont stay in small houses ....... how would they understand . 

Classic kok thinking of our elite ...  :D

• Praise 7

my previous reply of

already addresses your latest point.  she is pro-family doesn't mean she can make avoid comments that rile other pro-family members.  a good mathematician doesn't mean he is good at talking and teaching mathematics.

watch and learn too much from serials.........haha 

I am rather sure she did not make the "comments" with the intention of riling other people who are pro family. Obviously there are people (including at least some, possibly many, even all, who are pro family) who have taken offence.

Do you mean she, or any politician or minister, should only make comments that no one will take offence to?

• Praise 1

PAP mini stars spewed lots of nonsense before but still won 70% of votes. So does that mean the 70% are beyond any redemption?

i will abstain from saying so.

but i can only say many singapore voters usually vote based on the party and not on the candidate.  for them pap has done well in the past (obviously looking back) and they are confident of voting pap candidates (no matter who) and they think the past success will guarantee future success as well.

• Praise 2

Tbf her comment is to reply on why parenthood priority scheme. Which she is right u can have baby without flat... and then use the scheme to get flat after pregnant. But she fail in the following.

1) pregnancy only 40 weeks. Flat take at least 3 years.

2) it is we know our HDB scheme, it is not guarantee meaning can still end up no flat.

Finally her western world sex analogy is plainly stupid. Which idiot westernize scholar did she get these sort of advice from.

• Praise 1

they have FAILED in their planning, preparation and execution whether it's housing or population policy

they can't handle the demand nor plan ahead the supply

so ... they result to question who piak who didn't piak and who use condom

who piak raw with no condom get HIGHEST PRIORITY ... [laugh]

even we have more babies ... there will be another thread complaining NO ENOUGH childcare centre ...

OK I read through all the replies, and I sorta get the gist of what she means (or wanted to mean).

Here is what I think:

Why must there be priority? Why can't they just make every married couple as equal, whether with kid coming or not?

For me this goes a bit beyond just starting a family. Allowing young couples to buy their own place quickly and cheaply also makes them more independent. 

There are some people who will never want to have kids, whether got flat or not. There are some people who will definitely want to have kids, whether got flat or not.

But a lot of people are in the middle class. They will only have kids when the conditions are right and they are confident that they can handle it. Usually this means, stable income, roof over their heads, got space to accommodate the children.

So rather than neow over who gets flats first or last, just give every couple a flat to help them out with at least one thing that is conducive to having children.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

i will abstain from saying so.

but i can only say many singapore voters usually vote based on the party and not on the candidate. for them pap has done well in the past (obviously looking back) and they are confident of voting pap candidates (no matter who) and they think the past success will guarantee future success as well.

The vote so high because some are given the like of Roy nergn and HhH lah. Edited by Joseph22
↡ Advertisement