<Bloomberg News Leak> SPH Retrenchment Coming

Jellandross

I don't think most of the high flyers i know in SAF are that arrogant. There are pricks about of course, but that's par with any organisation.

CCS by all accounts is not particularly arrogant. 

i am acquainted with many pricks in pte sector as well.

[laugh]

In my own opinion, the pple I've encountered in SAF who are more over bearingly self confident are less likely to be the true high flyers. More of the LTCs/Colonels who have reached their CEP already.

CCS not arrogant??

I know quite a number of regulars who served under him... stories i hear r so so different.

↡ Advertisement

Well ... that is true as well. But they aren't that high in the command structure, so they can only be a prick to a certain number of people.

Among the officers, it's the higher ranking "farmers" that are usually more annoying.

Any one in command is always annoying to the ones directly under...  

Mine was annoying as hell(not i do = he do)...  his boss was very good to me (since he arrow my boss to do already).. i was shit to my spec (not he do = i do)..  and damn nice to his kakias(since i know eventually they have to help do)... 

so.. when u think abt it..  everyone.. is annoying! just to different ppl nia.. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

CCS not arrogant??

I know quite a number of regulars who served under him... stories i hear r so so different.

Well tiagong here, tiagong there. I also dunno.

My friend didn't complain though. But he isn't his direct ka kia. Just attend meetings with him previously.

Supersonic

Any one in command is always annoying to the ones directly under...  

Mine was annoying as hell(not i do = he do)...  his boss was very good to me (since he arrow my boss to do already).. i was shit to my spec (not he do = i do)..  and damn nice to his kakias(since i know eventually they have to help do)... 

so.. when u think abt it..  everyone.. is annoying! just to different ppl nia.. 

Haha. I was the opposite.

Super nice to all the men but a pain in the ass to everyone higher ranked. Like I said before, I draw the line at DB. Anything else like confinement, guard duty, etc... I won't let them hold me hostage because of that.

Supersonic

They should make this fat ass the SMRT CEO.

At least when they are finally forced to sell off the system, we know that the management will be better.

Supersonic

Okay, but generally that's the case.. Really seen many humble people promote way much faster then those who think highly of themselves. My wrong, should put generally that is the case.. Haha

​Anyway, if the company promote those who only think super highly of themselves and look down on others is not a good company to work. Better to jump to other company where possible.. 

If you refer to private sector, maybe yes.

But in army, I think you haven't seen the real picture.

Twincharged
(edited)

If you refer to private sector, maybe yes.

But in army, I think you haven't seen the real picture.

Yes finally you point out a very good point.. Hope defense minister got read this post.. And will find ways to filter out those arrogant high flyers in Saf.. It is very difficult for defense minister to see deep whether they are arrogant or not as most of the time people just want to please whoever is higher up..

In fact filter out arrogant high flyers may make saf work more effectively..

Edited by Yewheng

Supersonic

Yes finally you point out a very good point.. Hope defense minister got read this post.. And will find ways to filter out those arrogant high flyers in Saf.. It is very difficult for defense minister to see deep whether they are arrogant or not as most of the time people just want to please whoever is higher up..

Friend, hope you don't mind me saying this.

You shouldn't be so naive. If they wanted to do all these, they will done so very long time ago. 

The term "white horse" has been here for so long. What has really been improved?

And these high flyers can be those who have done a lot to get them in their current positions (and the other hand contributed a lot to the armed forces). Can kick them out just like that?

You really think the elitist mindset of these small fries will not exist, when their upper managements have always held such elite traits? 

Twincharged
(edited)

You shouldn't be so naive. If they wanted to do all these, they will done so very long time ago.

The term "white horse" has been here for so long. What has really been improved?

And these high flyers can be those who have done a lot to get them in their current positions (and the other hand contributed a lot to the armed forces). Can kick them out just like that?

You really think the elitist mindset of these small fries will not exist, when their upper managements have always held such elite traits?

Things do change.. Who knows..

Anyways nowadays the progression I believe is not who have the best qualifications but a lot more of assessment of other people look at the person as a whole. There will be a lot of feedback, if the feedback of that person is not that good, the chance of promotion to senior posting will not be on that person.

These are beside the normal stuff they do like operations and etc..

BTW not that I am naive.. But we have to keep believing that things will change.. That's the things that we could do as we are not those people at the top so can't do much except to voice our honest opinion right?

Edited by Yewheng

Supersonic
(edited)

Anyways nowadays the progression I believe is not who have the best qualifications but a lot more of assessment of other people look at the person as a whole. There will be a lot of feedback, if the feedback of that person is not that good, the chance of promotion to senior posting will not be on that person.

BTW not that I am naive.. But we have to keep believing that things will change.. That's the things that we could do as we are not those people at the top so can't do much except to voice our honest opinion right?

Change has to come from the upper management if real change is to happen. The problem is that this bad culture of protecting these inefficient and take it for granted people is already deeply entrenched by the top people themselves. You really think that these small fries will change if the top management doesn’t?

If they really wanted this change, they could have sacked those ministers that don't perform, work hard to prove their worth to earn that million dollars ministers salaries rather than overpaying themselves more millions when the new PM was hardly five years in Parliament and still protecting that kind of obscene salaries and protect those non performing ministers after so many problems surfaced nation wide for the past decade.

It will change one day, until someone in the party who has a complete different thinking from the current bunch, or another party to take over the role of the top management, else things will more or less stay the same.

Even looking at the current Presidential campaign, these people are tweaking the system to their fancy, completely throw the old guards ideology of meritocracy out of the window, to elect a puppet president that almost has no power at all. What kind of change can you expect?

Edited by DACH

Supersonic

Don't spread fake news leh.

We all know the white horse classification is to ensure that those people don't receive preferential treatment.

Supersonic

Don't spread fake news leh.

We all know the white horse classification is to ensure that those people don't receive preferential treatment.

Haha
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Do you mind sharing if you served NS and where/what you served as?

How come your idea of the army and mine are so vastly different?

Twincharged

Do you mind sharing if you served NS and where/what you served as?

How come your idea of the army and mine are so vastly different?

I served in the navy... In fact I am a ex-regular...

Of the 6yrs I in the Navy as a regular.. There are a fair share of things that what public perceive is not what it is like over there.. And my navy regular is from 2007 to 2013.. So still quite recent leh.. I can't speak for the army.. But in navy generally as a whole still really not too bad leh..

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Of the 6yrs I in the Navy as a regular.. There are a fair share of things that what public perceive is not what it is like over there.. And my navy regular is from 2007 to 2013.. So still quite recent leh.. I can't speak for the army.. But in navy generally as a whole still really not too bad leh..

Navy is more close knit. Whether u scholar or not, u still sailing on the ship for the deployment. Haha u piss off the ship's cook at your own peril 

Twincharged

Navy is more close knit. Whether u scholar or not, u still sailing on the ship for the deployment. Haha u piss off the ship's cook at your own peril

Yes, we had a lot of fun and of coz when it comes to operational, we are also dead serious to do our job..

Hello fellow ex-RSN personnel. I was also on 6 years contract. I tot in 2000, they already changed to 10 yrs contract only? Lucky you managed to get 6 years contract.

My time was 1997 to 2003, also on 6 years contract.

↡ Advertisement