<Bloomberg News Leak> SPH Retrenchment Coming

Jellandross

Yeah i remember one show on lawyers.

Actor supposedly portraying lawyer in early 30s but already got own office room drives SLK and stay in Condo. Walks around everyday in a suit and dines everyday in top restaurants.

Damn MCF middle class leh!!

Muayhahahahahaha

The 2 ASPs from dumb serial C.I.LF still takes the cake bro.

Li Nanxing and Rui En stays in a newly purchased 3 storey semi D and each drives a Xc90/60 or whatever.

We all know that is not possible with an ASP pay !!! 

*roll eyes* 

Then i hope you are thriving still, in the face of this farce.

I've left the said organisation - thanks for asking [:p]

Failing to plan is planning to fail. 

• Praise 3

Li Nanxing and Rui En stays in a newly purchased 3 storey semi D and each drives a Xc90/60 or whatever.

*roll eyes*

I've left the said organisation - thanks for asking [:p]

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

I read that mothership is looking for inside scoop and will keep ones identity confidential.

This one is self-reporting, ownself make ownself news-worthy read, ownself read.

Ownself check ownself also + FOC.

Mcf shouldnt be affected. It provides its own content thanks to us, and generate revenue. In fact, when visits dwindle, comm minister will just tell transport minister to fault a train or two, and visitors will surge here :D

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

I read that mothership is looking for inside scoop and will keep ones identity confidential.

I read that too. Several news outlets can't wait to report scoops on the company. Sad thing.

It's as if those affected are the least of these competitors concern.

Wah...what a fiasco ð±

Good for u, else will be damn stressed guessing who and whats next

Thanks. I made my plans long ago. The writing was on the wall more than a year ago

I read that too. Several news outlets can't wait to report scoops on the company. Sad thing.

It's as if those affected are the least of these competitors concern.

Thanks. I made my plans long ago. The writing was on the wall more than a year ago

Well, distasteful as it may be, I don't think it someone working in sph is in any position to complain about it.

I mean, this is the organization that not only acts as the govts mouthpiece and assassin but also spawned stomp, tnp and wanbao. Reckon those last three have committed much much more distasteful acts using the excuse that the people want to read about it.

Edited by Kusje

Well, distasteful as it may be, I don't think it someone working in sph is in any position to complain about it.

I mean, this is the organization that not only acts as the govts mouthpiece and assassin but also spawned stomp, tnp and wanbao. Reckon those last three have committed much much more distasteful acts using the excuse that the people want to read about it.

Well, everyone has a job and in the course of doing it, you cannot please the world. Out of the seemingly distasteful things that you perceived them to commit, there are tons of other reader service that people tend to either forget or take for granted.

I don't concur that people are complaining about losing their jobs, thats life right ? Rather it is the manner that outplacement is being communicated to them.

Be magnanimous my friend, these people who does an honest job and have their own family to feed and financial commitments to fulfill. They don't cheat nor commit any crime to warrent cheer instead of empathy towards their plight.

I count myself lucky to hold enough market value to jump before doomsday, but that does not make me any less sad to see fellow peers to be in a situation where nobody hopes to be in.

A bigger heart goes a long way ...

• Praise 8

SPH chiefs address lapse during retrenchment

Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) chief executive Ng Yat Chung yesterday called on staff to work together to take the company forward, while apologising for the "serious lapse" which locked some 20 employees out of their computers before they were informed of their retrenchment.

The staff from the English/Malay/Tamil Media group were among the 130 people that SPH began retrenching last Thursday as part of restructuring efforts.

In an e-mail to employees, Mr Ng said the plan was to restrict access to critical business systems for security reasons after affected staff were told of their retrenchment, but the lapse led to them being locked out prematurely.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sph-chiefs-address-lapse-during-retrenchment

[thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]

Remember this face. 

post-15968-0-46024700-1508284419_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

Yeah i remember one show on lawyers.

Actor supposedly portraying lawyer in early 30s but already got own office room drives SLK and stay in Condo. Walks around everyday in a suit and dines everyday in top restaurants.

Damn MCF middle class leh!!

Muayhahahahahaha

ALLo... Don't anyhow say hor, wait sham mugan give you new arse hole for fake news and slandering our 154 unit.

Remember our govt had said that in Singapore engineers are paid more than American ones. So cannot complain salary.

Obviously lawyers are paid even more. So sph cannot be wrong, they nation building.

• Praise 1

*roll eyes* 

Not sure about the SG system but in Malaysia, the official pay only makes up for a small fraction of the policeman's take home.

• Praise 1

SPH chiefs address lapse during retrenchment

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sph-chiefs-address-lapse-during-retrenchment

[thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Remember this face.

Please la... The character of these generals are open for all to see.

Look at all the generals in govt.

One moment is all for one one for all, all must sacrifice, all must share... Once they get into their Golden towers, it's my way or the highway.

Complete 180 change.

Well, everyone has a job and in the course of doing it, you cannot please the world. Out of the seemingly distasteful things that you perceived them to commit, there are tons of other reader service that people tend to either forget or take for granted.

I don't concur that people are complaining about losing their jobs, thats life right ? Rather it is the manner that outplacement is being communicated to them.

Be magnanimous my friend, these people who does an honest job and have their own family to feed and financial commitments to fulfill. They don't cheat nor commit any crime to warrent cheer instead of empathy towards their plight.

I count myself lucky to hold enough market value to jump before doomsday, but that does not make me any less sad to see fellow peers to be in a situation where nobody hopes to be in.

Sure, I have empathy towards their current plight (of being retrenched). But I can't say the same about alternative media writing about their current plight and making a spectacle out of it.

After all, isn't that what those people were doing in SPH (or at least complicit in doing so) before they got retrenched? That's karma.

well said

A lot of companies actually have a lot of dead wood. So retrenchment is not necessarily a bad thing. I think most companies can cut down 10% - 20% of staff with no impact to performance whatsoever but choose to keep the people out of "good heart". Everyday you see people going for long lunch and tea break and coffee break in the CBD etc. As for SPH, the quality of the reporting is truly poor and is mostly seen as a government mouthpiece. There is nothing insightful from the commentary pieces and within OB markers. After being in business for so many years, its still ranked 154 (?) in the world. Retrenchment is a wake-up call for a company that is clearly going downhill unless it bucks up and come up with quality reporting and improves its journalism integrity. 

The problem is who they cut. From what I see, they always seem to cut the people that actually do the work. 

• Praise 2

A lot of companies actually have a lot of dead wood. So retrenchment is not necessarily a bad thing. I think most companies can cut down 10% - 20% of staff with no impact to performance whatsoever but choose to keep the people out of "good heart". Everyday you see people going for long lunch and tea break and coffee break in the CBD etc. As for SPH, the quality of the reporting is truly poor and is mostly seen as a government mouthpiece. There is nothing insightful from the commentary pieces and within OB markers. After being in business for so many years, its still ranked 154 (?) in the world. Retrenchment is a wake-up call for a company that is clearly going downhill unless it bucks up and come up with quality reporting and improves its journalism integrity. 

Cant agree more  :D 

And when Shum said bill will be passed against fake news, the SPH CEO must be having that look -->  <_<

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3