<Bloomberg News Leak> SPH Retrenchment Coming

Jellandross

Heartened to know that TNP was once a part of your life. 
Besides being the first fully colored paper, TNP had many firsts like having a mirror on page one, being wrapped in a giant ang pow and best of all, being the only newspaper in the world to have its own sports bar.

There will always be lovers and haters.
I see many people condemning the product without really knowing the DNA and why it was started in the first place.60,000 over readers willing to fork out money to buy a newspaper says alot of its following in a time when so many free news outlets are around.

It is always easy to play critic, but can those who critise do better? 

Shall leave it as food for thoughts as TNP gets a new start with a new editorial approach.   

I just finished reading the online version, E-paper of the new TNP. Dont like the new version. All pages so white!!! Like PAP. [shakehead]  The sports pages were different. Not colourful like before. I missed the old TNP sports pages!!! Also now lots more business news.....................which I skip reading. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I just finished reading the online version, E-paper of the new TNP. Dont like the new version. All pages so white!!! Like PAP. [shakehead] The sports pages were different. Not colourful like before. I missed the old TNP sports pages!!! Also now lots more business news.....................which I skip reading. [laugh]

Very white? :grin:
  • Praise 1

Have noticed that the new paper now is like a watered down ST. [:|] Dont have their own reporters reporting, just take articles from sister paper to fill the pages. Can TNP editor do something abt it? :yuush:

See example from today's edition :

post-2654-0-58256800-1494834546_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-80862800-1494834569_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

i am still ordering the ST for 2 simple ressons. 1st without the paper in my hands, dont know how to use the toilet. 2nd, need the old papers for spreading out the dinning talble and cover stove when cooking. hahaha

• Praise 3

Have noticed that the new paper now is like a watered down ST. [:|] Dont have their own reporters reporting, just take articles from sister paper to fill the pages. Can TNP editor do something abt it? :yuush:

everything is watered down ST..   i click asiaone news.. auto go to ST.. must always rem to open in incognito mode.. else cannot read..  irritating.. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Last time before the new paper, it was another paper,the front page always got sexy women one. Forget what name was it.

Supersonic

i am still ordering the ST for 2 simple ressons. 1st without the paper in my hands, dont know how to use the toilet. 2nd, need the old papers for spreading out the dinning talble and cover stove when cooking. hahaha

Now there are some papers given out for free. 

[laugh]

attachicon.gifTNP screenshot 001.jpg

attachicon.gifTNP screenshot 002.jpg

You still read TNP ah? I stopped reading long time ago liao.

Cut cost mah. No budget, no manpower, everything copy each other lor.

Turbocharged

[laugh]

they have stopped distributing Today that comes free together with ST. anyone know why or I am short chnanged?

Supersonic

Last time before the new paper, it was another paper,the front page always got sexy women one. Forget what name was it.

When I was in Sec 3 (around '89), a classmate used to call it The "Nude" Paper. :D

Twincharged
(edited)

Mainstream newspaper will not disappear one as it plays an important role in proving news to the masses. Like it or not, if we don't read mainstream news, we may not be able to keep up to date information happening around the world.

Yes we could go to Internet and read news from all sorts of website. But we still go to the mainstream website right like Yahoo news, CNN, channelnewsasia, etc right? That is of coz beside alternative news website. I don't believe anyone would be the sort of 0% mainstream website and 100% alternative website. If that's the case, this person may unknownly go into the territory of high chance of getting incomplete news or distorted news or fake news.

I am not saying mainstream news do not have all these. Just that the chances of getting incomplete news, distorted news and fake news is a lot lesser. Of coz the government agenda news also got, but hey go to alternative news they also have their own agenda, be it want to bring down government, be it have their own strong political view and etc. So still must see at both side of the coin.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Free for a reason. [laugh]

attachicon.gifTNP screenshot 001.jpg

attachicon.gifTNP screenshot 002.jpg

He needs bigger size. :D

[laugh]

When I was in Sec 3 (around '89), a classmate used to call it The "Nude" Paper. :D

I always tot you were much older. Now I know we are in the same age group. [laugh] TNP started in 1988 at 12noon. I collected my copy after school when they were distributing it free at the bus stop. [:p]

Supersonic

I always tot you were much older. Now I know we are in the same age group. [laugh] TNP started in 1988 at 12noon. I collected my copy after school when they were distributing it free at the bus stop. [:p]

Knn, you are really their biggest fan.

Do you remember which day it was as well?

Knn, you are really their biggest fan.

Do you remember which day it was as well?

I have been reading TNP since day one. Unable to recall the day.

Cos it was different from other papers then. With huge front page shocking reports(little detail in the follow-up report) and mainly sports. ManU just started to rise and Ryan Giggs was a teenager who just broke into the main squad. [laugh] I am a gunners fan, Ian Wright fan. But Ryan Giggs was fast and skillful.

• Praise 1