Thai King

Aaron_soh80

The crown prince look like leaning toward Thaksin, even Thaksin is into a republic Thailand.

Look like more trouble in Thailand ahead.

Yes please announce travel warning. Don't wait until it happen then many singaporean sure stranded in hotels cannot go airport

RIP.

Though I hope the thai folks can be enlightened enough to abolish the monarchy after this.

The new King isnt that popular among folks

Soli .....should be 88ð

You are forgiven krub
  • Praise 2

Whatever, it is a difficult time for the Thais. Changes will have to happen, it is just when. Hope no innocence are badly affected when the struggles start.

• Praise 3

With each passing, it quickly reminds me of my own mortality. With each generation passing, it appears to approach my generation soon.

King of Thailand is respected and treated by his people like a demi-god. What or whoever we are, there is still time to make good for the remainder of our lives.

My own mantra:

Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.

• Praise 6

i heard entertainment joints are closed for 30 days.

so don't visit thailand for 30 days, unless you want to pay respect to the king.

• Praise 4

Politically should be as is since the military is in power right now.

If it was a democratic government in place now, high chance of a coup lol.

But the next time disrespecting the royal family issue comes out, the next king won't be such a unifying figure. He is way less popular than his father.

Sad time for Thailand now.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

RIP to the Thai King.

I was asking about him with my tour guide at the Royal Palace. There is a special temple in the Royal Palace where they will hold preyers for any deceased Royal member. And looks like this will be a grand event.

Think not a good time now to visit BKK. Allow the thais to mourn the loss of their favourite king.

• Praise 4

i heard entertainment joints are closed for 30 days.

so don't visit thailand for 30 days, unless you want to pay respect to the king.

I think it's been confirmed.

In a televised address to the nation, Prayut said Thailand would hold a one-year mourning period and that all entertainment functions must be "toned down" for a month.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/thai-king-bhumibol-worlds-longest-reigning-monarch-dies

• Praise 2

RIP to the Thai King.

I was asking about him with my tour guide at the Royal Palace. There is a special temple in the Royal Palace where they will hold preyers for any deceased Royal member. And looks like this will be a grand event.

Think not a good time now to visit BKK. Allow the thais to mourn the loss of their favourite king.

yea.. super sensitive period now.. there will be biz people who want to stay open for biz.. and there will also be people who expect/demand that they stay closed...  

conflicts will happen... no need to run the risk... 

RIP to the Thai King..

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 2

yea.. super sensitive period now.. there will be biz people who want to stay open for biz.. and there will also be people who expect/demand that they stay closed...  

conflicts will happen... no need to run the risk... 

RIP to the Thai King..

agreed but don't worry, lest majeste is serious stuff in thailand.

Even if I have bao zi dan, i also will diam diam keep the peace and shutter my business.

Last thing u want is to be accused of lest majeste in Thailand. May not come out of the prison alive  [shakehead]

• Praise 1

some updates.

while the local thugs will be charged with assault, I wonder if the ang moh lady will be charged for slapping the 1st guy?

btw the younger brit guy lives in SG.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/29/british-family-brutally-attacked-in-thailand-vow-never-to-return-5848698/

British family brutally attacked and left unconscious in Thailand pictured for first time

Lewis Owen had been at a bar with his parents in Hua Hin when they were attacked by a group of men on April 13.

The incident left Lewis and his father, also called Lewis, with heavy bruising, while his mum, Rosemary, suffered serious head injuries.

CCTV footage of the incident was released by Thai Police and they have since arrested six people.

Lewis, a graphic designer who lives in Singapore, only sees his parents twice a year.

He told the Mirror: ‘I’m not going back to Thailand again.

‘Mum and dad won’t be either. Never, ever again.’

He explained his parents are recovering from the ordeal  and are expected to return home to Glamorgan next week.

His 68-year-old father required six stitches to his forehead, while his mother, 65, required several operations to deal with swelling on her brain.

He said his parents are frequent visitors to Thailand but he only sees them twice a year, at Christmas and his dad’s birthday.

Lewis said police would not initially let him see footage of the incident because it was ‘too violent’.

‘I watched it today and it is horrendous,’ he said.

‘I have been speaking to my mum and dad every day. I did not realise how badly we were beaten up.’

Lewis said they had not seen their attackers before they left the bar they were in, with the streets busy for Thai New Year.

Lewis said he believed the attack was just random.

A spokesman for the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said Royal Thai Police arrested six people and charged them with grievous assault on April 17.

He said: ‘An investigation is in process and the suspects will soon be under the jurisdiction of the court. If found guilty, the perpetrators of this incident will face full justice under Thai law.

‘The Tourism Authority of Thailand would like to express our deepest sorrow to the family who were subjected to the assault in Hua Hin during the Songkran celebrations. We hope that you recover from your injuries and make a swift and full recovery.

‘TAT would like to assure international travellers that this was an isolated incident, not targeted on any group of foreign tourists in particular. The situation was exacerbated by alcohol.’

i wonder, is it because they stay here in SG, they think all asians are meek when faced with violence or aggression?

SGeans is not dun want to fight. the justification after is just not worth the time and effort.

if the 3 of them brought this kinda attitude to Thailand, ho ho ho... i dun pity them! 

agreed but don't worry, lest majeste is serious stuff in thailand.

Even if I have bao zi dan, i also will diam diam keep the peace and shutter my business.

Last thing u want is to be accused of lest majeste in Thailand. May not come out of the prison alive  [shakehead]

1XsuJgHl.jpg

someone posted this on EDMW....  i dont dare to vouch for authenticity... but.. .. scared man...  keeping an eye out coz early next year planned a trip... 

ST front page today.

Quote" .. the wide respect and reverence for him was largely due to state sponsored ceremony and ritual, and the harsh lese majeste law that stifles critical debate on the royal family's role - an increasingly divisive issue over the pat decade. ." Unquote.

That's why ST is a piece of shit.

Not only offending the many Thais in singapore.

Never look in the mirror.

• Praise 3

maybe got connection one.

Maybe owned by police general?

LOL

If u not part of the Bangkok elite or know important people, mai geh kiang...

1XsuJgHl.jpg

someone posted this on EDMW....  i dont dare to vouch for authenticity... but.. .. scared man...  keeping an eye out coz early next year planned a trip... 

↡ Advertisement