Honda CRV -facelift with 1.5 turbo

Carbon82

(edited)

Finally got a chance to see the actual CRV at Kah Motor, note that their showroom model is a diesel with different trim from what they are selling.

I gotta say I am DISAPPOINTED, gonna bin it.

1. It could be me, but the driver seat doesn't offer enough support for my thigh, really uncomfortable when my legs are stretched to the pedals

2. Priced similar to CX-5 & Harrier, but lack many of the safety features of both like lane keep assist, autonomous braking, rear cross traffic alert etc

3. You can book now but unknown date for delivery of vehicle

4. SE's attitude was really cocky. When we mentioned our concerns about CRV lack of features (no Honda Sensing available in SG), her reply was simply Honda cars don't need features to sell, customers buy Honda for the brand. Honda cars always sell without need to see the actual vehicle nor test drive. She didn't seem interested to address our selection criterias, it was really more of you want CRV, then just pay up and wait

Edited by Notsogoodman
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

This kind of sales person cannot last very Long

Customer will be turned off

After all there are so many new models around to choose from

This kind of sales person cannot last very Long

Customer will be turned off

After all there are so many new models around to choose from

Pls face reality, the SE is correct. Their sale record has been proven

Supercharged
(edited)

Finally got a chance to see the actual CRV at Kah Motor, note that their showroom model is a diesel with different trim from what they are selling.

1. It could be me, but the driver seat doesn't offer enough support for my thigh, really uncomfortable when my legs are stretched to the pedals

2. Priced similar to CX-5 & Harrier, but lack many of the safety features of both like lane keep assist, autonomous braking, rear cross traffic alert etc

4. SE's attitude was really cocky. When we mentioned our concerns about CRV lack of features (no Honda Sensing available in SG), her reply was simply Honda cars don't need features to sell, customers buy Honda for the brand. Honda cars always sell without need to see the actual vehicle nor test drive. She didn't seem interested to address our selection criterias, it was really more of you want CRV, then just pay up and wait

Honestly forget CRV la....SE like that, good luck to hondud!

I used to drive Honda, but went to enquire on ODC, SE BOH chap, see me in sandals and Bermudas and tee...

Didn't even entertain me, me and Wife just walk away, and went for another car.... so happy with my ride now, and Wife smile when she drives the mpv....

Edited by Spidey10

Sigh. Had the same experience when I was checking out the Odyssey a while back.

Don't agree it does not matter because Honda cars can sell despite lackluster dealer service. It's fundamentally a failure of KM management.

Pls face reality, the SE is correct. Their sale record has been proven

That's because of dumb Singaporeans buying it, but a SE shouldn't say that to a customer. Recently Honda sales have been high not because of Kah Motors but because of PI Vezel. 

• Praise 1

The difference is in the OMV... Check out Outlander & X-Trail's OMV vs that of CRV, CX-5, Harrier

MIT 1.5T omv higher than MIJ 2.0 FXT, it would means all the parts very expensive.

(edited)

U may be right on the possible lowering of OMV but I would like to think that our local buyers are saavy enough to know when they are shortchanged. In this day and age, 6 airbags are minimum though some Japs like Mz3 gets by with 4. Even the venerable Altis has upgraded from 2 airbags to 7 airbags. Anyway I would expect CRV buyers to compare with cx5 and harrier at the very least and its really transparent these days with all required info in sgcarmart etc.

Mz3 only the 2.0 has 6 airbags when my BIL bought.

My BIL only has 2. Well I only have 4 in my car.

Edited by Lala81

Not true that KM SE have attitude problem. In total, me and my Father in law bought 4 hondas from KM with different SE. all with good experiences. 1 stream and 3 ODC. The last one whom I bought the odc still send me birthday greetings after 2 years.

• Praise 1

(edited)

That's because of dumb Singaporeans buying it, but a SE shouldn't say that to a customer. Recently Honda sales have been high not because of Kah Motors but because of PI Vezel.

Have to agree with yr statement.

The KM SE must be still living in yester years.

Apart from ODC, none of their current line up are selling well as compared to before. Even quite a fair bit of ODC are from PI.

Correct to say Honda brand sell by itself but majority by PI.

Edited by Mitlancer71
  • Praise 1

If Honda brand sells for itself then I suppose it's having the same attitude as the Altis brand. But BM smartened up and is going to include more airbags in their next release

I'm surprised that the Altis doesn't have traction control while my GK jazz has it.

Allow me to share the likes and dislikes about the CRV based purely on seeing it, and checking out the interior (note that the one at the showroom is a different spec from the actual units that Kah is selling)

1. Interior volume - it's really huge in there, rear leg room, boot space; the 3rd row seats for the 7-seater look promising

2. Panoramic moonroof

3. Apple Carplay / Android Auto

4. Electric tailgate

Dislikes

1. The front seats squabs are too short, when I am in the drive seat with my legs stretched towards the pedals, I have insufficient thigh support; definitely uncomfortable

2. Lack of features compared to its rivals - no memory seats, no blind spot alert, lane departure alert, lane keep assist, autonomous braking, rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control; this is a $150k B&B SUV we are talking over

3. The front and back views a bit challenging, imaging walking up to a car everyday whose look you find a bit awkward

Went with 2 other guys who were also looking to change cars, we left ready to strike it off the shortlist. No known or estimated delivery date even if we book now, and we can't even get to see the car in the specs meant for sale or to test drive it. Maybe Honda fans are able to accept it, but the 3 of us are unable to. The SE's attitude just made it easier for us to strike it off for now... (If we can see the actual unit, test drive it, and Kah brings in Honda Sensing, before we get our new cars)

MIT 1.5T omv higher than MIJ 2.0 FXT, it would means all the parts very expensive.

I was told that the 7 seater CRV's OMV is estimated at $33k, CX-5 Super Luxury is supposed to be $31k and Harrier Luxury at $35k (from the Harrier thread).......

The MIT SUV has similar OMVs to its MIJ rivals and yet lack the safety features of its MIJ rivals

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Sigh. Had the same experience when I was checking out the Odyssey a while back.

Don't agree it does not matter because Honda cars can sell despite lackluster dealer service. It's fundamentally a failure of KM management.

Dun forget some KM SE's r also prophets. When I went to check out the Jade, was given quite a cold reception by the KM SE maciam I was wasting her time. A self fulfilling prophecy indeed......

Then how to justify them continue pricing their MIT car at premium price if no buyer from them? They eat grass to survive or still support by Their Honda fanatic?

Supercharged

Not true that KM SE have attitude problem. In total, me and my Father in law bought 4 hondas from KM with different SE. all with good experiences. 1 stream and 3 ODC. The last one whom I bought the odc still send me birthday greetings after 2 years.

Lucky bugger...

i also dunno why i never seemed to tio SE with attitude.  [laugh]

When i bot my accord in 2015 (and was seriously considering ody in 2014). I made my way down to KM like 5 times, and was served by 3 different SE.

I go in t shirt, berms and just shoes too.

But i'm bit more chin chai. I like to molest the car first without anyone hovering around. Afterall all the specs (other than trim), i probably know them better than the SE.

↡ Advertisement