• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
646 replies to this topic | 850 praises

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:23 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thanks for your appreciation towards the COE threads. I have recieved several suggestions and feedbacks in the past couple of months. [thumbsup]  Yes, I hear you. [nod]  and once I have time for it, I will redo the table again, but in the main while, I shall continue with the old format... [:p]

29dv3p4.png

2uyg8d3.png

winin6.png

The details of the October 2016 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 17 October 2016, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 19 October 2016, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 (Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,340 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A: Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp)) => 2,023

Category B: Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,340

Category D: Motorcycles => 360

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C: Goods Vehicles and Buses => 188

Category E: Open Category => 429

Edited by Hongwei, 24 October 2016 - 11:43 AM.

Ben5266, Uncle2, Freddyc, Pocy, Yongwd, Mercury1, Stdfrank and 3 other members praised this
Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:24 PM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Cat A 55k
Cat B 55k

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:35 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Good luck!!
FourZero and Pinobii praised this

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Bro carbon82,

cant say enough thanks to you for starting yet another new thread for people to have fun here. The accuracy of prediction and the outcome of the COE price  is not important but many people enjoying to be here just to have a little no cost excitement.  

Pinobii praised this

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:15 PM

Leion
  • Premium member
    Leion
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for keeping the discussion going
Hope to get my coe this time round
Pinobii praised this

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

Wester86
  • Premium member
    Wester86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for keeping the discussion going
Hope to get my coe this time round

DId your SE ask you to top up?

Pinobii praised this

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:19 PM

Leion
  • Premium member
    Leion
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

DId your SE ask you to top up?

2 times in end sep for cat e immediate car registration.
First time I agreed, they come back say ballot failed. Then ask me to up again in the same week which I rejected.

Edited by Leion, 14 October 2016 - 08:21 PM.

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:00 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

First time I agreed, they come back say ballot failed. Then ask me to up again in the same week which I rejected.

Already asking for top up again .... not a good sign. Which car are you getting?

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Scratching my head on why COE prices is on an energetic bull run despite the sombre economic outlook.

People are GRABbing cars , as if the cars are going for a song.

Absolutely amazing!

*Source: Straits Times 15 Oct '16

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20161015_075733.jpg

Edited by Vinceng, 15 October 2016 - 08:05 AM.

Pinobii praised this

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:31 AM

twa1977
  • Premium member
    twa1977
    Clutched
    Author Image

economic slowdown is not going to affect coe. The quota will. Many buyer wait for bigger quota to take advantage of lower coe but the PH ruined everything. So with reducing quota and many waiting buyers knowing that they have less than 1 year before quota shrink more, many will not wait any longer and accept high coe. I too waited but eventually give up and committed.
Premacist, Pinobii and antelop praised this

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Scratching my head on why COE prices is on an energetic bull run despite the sombre economic outlook.

People are GRABbing cars , as if the cars are going for a song.

Absolutely amazing!

*Source: Straits Times 15 Oct '16

COE price should have come down since early this year but government legalised uber and ease loan to keep the coe price up.

In the other hand, uber and taxi are getting very competitive now that some uber drivers have by now realised they have become the slave for uber and lcr.

Once the uber bid reduced, which i think will happen, plus if the economy continues this trend, coe price will come down. But it is UNlikely to go 10k or 20k. If it happens, we and the government will have a bigger problem to worry about.

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

COE price should have come down since early this year but government legalised uber and ease loan to keep the coe price up.

In the other hand, uber and taxi are getting very competitive now that some uber drivers have by now realised they have become the slave for uber and lcr.

Once the uber bid reduced, which i think will happen, plus if the economy continues this trend, coe price will come down. But it is UNlikely to go 10k or 20k. If it happens, we and the government will have a bigger problem to worry about.

Hmmm... so there is this pair of invisible hands out there, that is determined to artificially inflate COE prices.

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:06 AM

s1nner
  • Premium member
    s1nner
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Which ride you bought? 

Pinobii praised this

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

Wester86
  • Premium member
    Wester86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

My SE didnt say anything despite failing three bids. First bid at 46k and the rest 48 k

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My SE didnt say anything despite failing three bids. First bid at 46k and the rest 48 k

Which car are you buying?

Posted 15 October 2016 - 10:50 AM

Wester86
  • Premium member
    Wester86
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Which car are you buying?

Altis Non Gted

antelop praised this

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:15 AM

merc280v6
  • merc280v6
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Already asking for top up again .... not a good sign. Which car are you getting?

Good sign what!
It means ADs are projecting COEs will be shooting up!! And ALL ADs want to be "enabled" to bid as high as possible over next next few months - to secure sales during the holiday season.
Huat Aaaahhhh !!! 😅

You'll need to top up a bit more lah ... at least up to $53K level to even stand a chance of getting a COE.
Come on, you need to be realistic lah !!

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

Newbie26
  • Newbie26
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bro, I find the current tables u have provided very good already  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

collating the last 5 years all at one glance gives everyone a birds eye view and help put the trends in perspective

Thanks for your appreciation towards the COE threads. I have recieved several suggestions and feedbacks in the past couple of months. [thumbsup]  Yes, I hear you. [nod]  and once I have time for it, I will redo the table again, but in the main while, I shall continue with the old format... [:p]

29dv3p4.png

2uyg8d3.png

winin6.png

The details of the October 2016 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 17 October 2016, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 19 October 2016, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 (Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,340 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A: Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp)) => 2,023

Category B: Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,340

Category D: Motorcycles => 360

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C: Goods Vehicles and Buses => 188

Category E: Open Category => 429

Staff69, Mercs, Pinobii, Angcheek, car50, Mercury1, Blueray and 2 other members praised this

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

economic slowdown is not going to affect coe. The quota will. Many buyer wait for bigger quota to take advantage of lower coe but the PH ruined everything. So with reducing quota and many waiting buyers knowing that they have less than 1 year before quota shrink more, many will not wait any longer and accept high coe. I too waited but eventually give up and committed.

Am on the lookout for almost new repossessed car.
Pinobii praised this

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Altis Non Gted

NG COE for Altis c/w uncertainty. Good luck!
Pinobii and car50 praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, bidding, oct 2016, october and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users