COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2016

Carbon82

Thanks for your appreciation towards the COE threads. I have recieved several suggestions and feedbacks in the past couple of months. [thumbsup]  Yes, I hear you. [nod]  and once I have time for it, I will redo the table again, but in the main while, I shall continue with the old format... [:p]

29dv3p4.png

2uyg8d3.png

winin6.png

The details of the October 2016 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 17 October 2016, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 19 October 2016, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 (Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,340 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A: Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp)) => 2,023

Category B: Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,340

Category D: Motorcycles => 360

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C: Goods Vehicles and Buses => 188

Category E: Open Category => 429

Edited by Hongwei
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

Bro carbon82,

cant say enough thanks to you for starting yet another new thread for people to have fun here. The accuracy of prediction and the outcome of the COE price  is not important but many people enjoying to be here just to have a little no cost excitement.  

• Praise 1

DId your SE ask you to top up?

2 times in end sep for cat e immediate car registration.

First time I agreed, they come back say ballot failed. Then ask me to up again in the same week which I rejected.

Edited by Leion

First time I agreed, they come back say ballot failed. Then ask me to up again in the same week which I rejected.

Already asking for top up again .... not a good sign. Which car are you getting?

Scratching my head on why COE prices is on an energetic bull run despite the sombre economic outlook.

People are GRABbing cars , as if the cars are going for a song.

Absolutely amazing!

*Source: Straits Times 15 Oct '16

post-27974-0-27600500-1476489650_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

economic slowdown is not going to affect coe. The quota will. Many buyer wait for bigger quota to take advantage of lower coe but the PH ruined everything. So with reducing quota and many waiting buyers knowing that they have less than 1 year before quota shrink more, many will not wait any longer and accept high coe. I too waited but eventually give up and committed.

• Praise 3

Scratching my head on why COE prices is on an energetic bull run despite the sombre economic outlook.

People are GRABbing cars , as if the cars are going for a song.

Absolutely amazing!

*Source: Straits Times 15 Oct '16

COE price should have come down since early this year but government legalised uber and ease loan to keep the coe price up.

In the other hand, uber and taxi are getting very competitive now that some uber drivers have by now realised they have become the slave for uber and lcr.

Once the uber bid reduced, which i think will happen, plus if the economy continues this trend, coe price will come down. But it is UNlikely to go 10k or 20k. If it happens, we and the government will have a bigger problem to worry about.

COE price should have come down since early this year but government legalised uber and ease loan to keep the coe price up.

In the other hand, uber and taxi are getting very competitive now that some uber drivers have by now realised they have become the slave for uber and lcr.

Once the uber bid reduced, which i think will happen, plus if the economy continues this trend, coe price will come down. But it is UNlikely to go 10k or 20k. If it happens, we and the government will have a bigger problem to worry about.

Hmmm... so there is this pair of invisible hands out there, that is determined to artificially inflate COE prices.

Which ride you bought? 

• Praise 1

My SE didnt say anything despite failing three bids. First bid at 46k and the rest 48 k

My SE didnt say anything despite failing three bids. First bid at 46k and the rest 48 k

Which car are you buying?

Already asking for top up again .... not a good sign. Which car are you getting?

Good sign what!

It means ADs are projecting COEs will be shooting up!! And ALL ADs want to be "enabled" to bid as high as possible over next next few months - to secure sales during the holiday season.

Huat Aaaahhhh !!!

Bro, I find the current tables u have provided very good already  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

collating the last 5 years all at one glance gives everyone a birds eye view and help put the trends in perspective

Thanks for your appreciation towards the COE threads. I have recieved several suggestions and feedbacks in the past couple of months. [thumbsup]  Yes, I hear you. [nod]  and once I have time for it, I will redo the table again, but in the main while, I shall continue with the old format... [:p]

29dv3p4.png

2uyg8d3.png

winin6.png

The details of the October 2016 second open bidding exercise for Certificates of Entitlement (COEs) are as follows:

Tender opens: Monday, 17 October 2016, 12 noon

Tender closes: Wednesday, 19 October 2016, 4.00 pm

Tender results: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 (Available on the www.onemotoring.com.sg website)

The total quota available for this tender is 4,340 for the following vehicle categories:

NON-TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category A: Cars (up to 1600cc & 97kW (130bhp)) => 2,023

Category B: Cars (above 1600cc or 97kW (130bhp)) => 1,340

Category D: Motorcycles => 360

TRANSFERABLE CATEGORIES:

Category C: Goods Vehicles and Buses => 188

Category E: Open Category => 429

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10