COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2016

Carbon82

Actually quite true, even buyers can waste 3 months of 6 bids waiting, but within the 3 months time anything can happen, coe might dropped a lot and can also up a lot. Think 3 bids is more reasonable time frame for both buyer and dealer.

If I were to be AD, I would want to offer more bids the better to maximize my profit. If no enough margin, just return deposit at the end. Still got cash flow for business without paying interest, not bad idea.

Salute! This is the way to go. Got money, dont need to be scared no car to buy.

Topping up pushes up COE prices.

If $$$ is not an issue, sure can buy any car with guaranteed COE lol.
↡ Advertisement

ADs want to do business, but no margin = no deal. If all ADs were to get COEs for all their bookings in a single bidding (next) round + Uber/Grab/PHs, the COE prices most likely will shoot above $60K.

If COE prices up and up, ADs will not be able to get COEs for those bookings with no margin and there will new bookings with better margins received at the same time.

If COE prices drop and drop, every booking will get its COE.

• Praise 2

This top up game exists because buyers sign for deals that are too good to be true. You want a big discount on your car price, but COE not dropping or even go upwards, then when dealer ask for top up you are not happy. Cost price go up liao, how to sell at old price?

Be realistic lah. You want to get the car asap, you have to pay for it. You want cheap, then you have to wait until cost price aka COE drop.

• Praise 3

This top up game exists because buyers sign for deals that are too good to be true. You want a big discount on your car price, but COE not dropping or even go upwards, then when dealer ask for top up you are not happy. Cost price go up liao, how to sell at old price?

Be realistic lah. You want to get the car asap, you have to pay for it. You want cheap, then you have to wait until cost price aka COE drop.

Also true to some extend la, if AD wants to sell at low price to buyer hoping that coe will drop or maintain, so that they can close the deal surely is a happy ending for AD and buyer. But if coe did not drop as per AD though to be, and then play the top up game, if coe really increase a lot, think buyer also needs to be understanding and realistic.

However, if situation is AD failed to bid a coe for buyer due to AD unrealistic bidding amount or overly safe amount in every bid, and yet coe did not increase much or even drop, then cannot blame buyer not happy liao?! Lol.

• Praise 1

I see the uber buying, a blessing in disguise lor.

For the longest time, seller has been asking out of this world margin.  So Uber buying balance up that for quite a bit.

Best of all, if Uber cannot get the right margin, they OWNSELF Import lor ....... I saw Corolla Axio LCR leh.

Tick tock tick tock, the clock is ticking .......

Also true to some extend la, if AD wants to sell at low price to buyer hoping that coe will drop or maintain, so that they can close the deal surely is a happy ending for AD and buyer. But if coe did not drop as per AD though to be, and then play the top up game, if coe really increase a lot, think buyer also needs to be understanding and realistic.

However, if situation is AD failed to bid a coe for buyer due to AD unrealistic bidding amount or overly safe amount in every bid, and yet coe did not increase much or even drop, then cannot blame buyer not happy liao?! Lol.

• Praise 2

PH cars population has increased from 26k sept last year to 46k same period this year, a significant increase of 20k PH cars on the road. Not forgetting there are still 27k taxis around, the combined PH car market has reached an unprecedented 73k currently. It will be amazing if PH can continue to increase their fleet. With more bad news about job cuts from various large corporation, poorer economy outlook, while $15k, $20k COE price is unlikely, i am still unable to understand how COE could stay above 50k.

By the way, I just look at the LTA stats, PH took up 15k COE from Jan to Sept, that is about 1.7k of COE per month. That means every month nearly 23% of the COE got suck up by PH! 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 3

According to today daily outlook looks uncertain and people are holding back buying of big tickets purchases like houses and cars. It looks like LCR and PH companies are pushing COE up.

• Praise 1

According to today daily outlook looks uncertain and people are holding back buying of big tickets purchases like houses and cars. It looks like LCR and PH companies are pushing COE up.

If it is true then LCR and PH really buying a lot until it can push up the coe so much?!

Look at what CT3833 just said "23% of the COE got suck up by PH"

I believe. You don't?

Few years later when drivers stop driving for all these PH - you will see them lelong the cars on sgcarmart !!!

I will not be surprised! If you go to uber forum you can read tropics like "Really tough to earn money now...pingless", "the forum all full of negativity and depairs" etc.

• Praise 1

the data is publicly available on the LTA website.   

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/dam/ltaweb/corp/PublicationsResearch/files/FactsandFigures/M06-Vehs_by_Type.pdf

• Praise 1

The economy isn't doing well, so passengers may take 'BMW' instead of PH or Taxi, so where got driver income? Of course there will be disgruntled and disappointed drivers lah...

So when the buying (paying passenger) STOPS, the killing (PH car purchase) may stop too [blush]

• Praise 2

I dont agree why being retrenched, lost job due to recession/poor economy will lead to more people sign up to be uber drivers as a guarantee income to tide over and drive up the COE demand

Although Rental car no need to pay road tax, maintenance but still need to pay upfront rental cost and petrol. Before u earn, u already spend $60 to $80. Somemore plus much higher excess in case of accident. With more rental cars to do uber/grab plus taxis on the roads. The fare collected for those rides are also going to compete with more uber / taxi drivers. When times are bad. Do you think we will choose to spend more $$$ on taking taxi or uber????

• Praise 1

Nowadays I want to be a nice guy send my friends back home after meetups, no takers at all [:|]  [smallcry] . They would rather call up a uber/grab. PH has really changed the game and mindset of pple ....

• Praise 2

To share my experience. Booked a NG 8 bid coe with mazda. Mazda got my coe at the first bidding. They even revised their bid upwards at 3:58pm of bidding day and my car is not even ex stock.

[thumbsup] hah! My Mazda experience is similar to yours.

8 bid NG & got it at 1st bid. My car still in japan. Only arriving in mid Dec.

Edited by gasman

[thumbsup] hah! My Mazda experience is similar to yours.

8 bid NG & got it at 1st bid. My car still in japan. Only arriving in mid Dec.

Me too. They asked if I want 1 bid or 3 bids guaranteed at no extra costspecial despite getting a good bargain. I chose 1 bid and got a Cat E coe
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1