COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2016

Carbon82

Once these car rental companies clear their existing stock, COE prices will drop, irregardless of the quota, in view of the sombre economy.

↡ Advertisement

Cash rich are buying car and those cannot pay the 30% d/p are supported by PH. Who is depending on economy to buy car? Did SG have prolonged negative economy?

Cash rich are buying car and those cannot pay the 30% d/p are supported by PH. Who is depending on economy to buy car? Did SG have prolonged negative economy?

I used to think coe may drop when economy is bad but now i would have to agree with your veiw.

During the last economy downturn, many of the retrenched became taxi drivers. This time round if economy continues to decline, more people will sign up with uber, which will drive up coe demand. The worst is taxi coe then was in a seperate category and was regulated, but now uber is not, they compete in both CATs.

The only side effect is when uber cars become excessive, some uber drivers will start to go into reverse gear to return their cars , it will be intersting by then to see how is LCR going to manage their finance.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

In the past, when a new car purchase becomes unaffordable, families will turn to used cars. Loan repayments per month may still be stretched, due to the truncated tenures of used cars.

Now with LCR and the likes, they can now stretch their "loans" to longer tenures.

At about $1,200-1,300 pm for a small LCR sedan, w/o need to incur maintenance cost and road tax, this has become a viable proposition for many families, who for some reason, cannot afford new car purchases any more!

So tell me, how COE prices will crash?

There are 6.5 million people here now. How many households? Expats and FTs also need cars hor ... new, used, or PHCs.

With the strong financial back up, LCR strong not have any problem. I also believe LCR will buy direct from Japan and with this kind of quantity, LCR should get very good price.

By the way, my colleague just booked Honda City on 09 Oct 2016 from Kah motor and sales gal already confirmed 11 orders out of her monthly target - 12.

I strongly believe coming COE will increase or maintain

Edited by Des_k

With the strong financial back up, LCR strong not have any problem. I also believe LCR will buy direct from Japan and with this kind of quantity, LCR should get very good price.

By the way, my colleague just booked Honda City on 09 Oct 2016 from Kah motor and sales gal already confirmed 11 orders out of her monthly target - 12.

Going by that rate, the KM sales gal Huat liao.

Yalor, C&C KIA SE said they Sell 2~3 Carens everyday, BM also said Wish NO STOCK, even DISPLAY SET sold ..... got Big Banner SOLD.

And Mazda is selling Demo Car every week, And Renault is selling like hot cake machap Diamond Ring or Condo like that.

Yalor, C&C KIA SE said they Sell 2~3 Carens everyday, BM also said Wish NO STOCK, even DISPLAY SET sold ..... got Big Banner SOLD.

And Mazda is selling Demo Car every week, And Renault is selling like hot cake machap Diamond Ring or Condo like that.

Meaning huat ah for the coe price

I think hor ....... my thought only ........ Next year is THE YEAR of PROPERTIES !!!

All developer cannot tahan already.

Go buy Sat ST you will know more lor.

Meaning huat ah for the coe price

Interesting, I expected Kah sales reps to have a bigger quota actually..

My prediction for this round:

55k Cat A

55k Cat B

But in the new year after the Motor Show sales and CNY rush, 40-45k for Cat A, 45-50k for Cat B... 

I say again:

HUAT AAAHHHH!!!

• Praise 1

LCR have backing of Uber, which can afford to burn money for a long time as their mission is to popularise Uber app.

I was at MM for servicing and saw about 10 mazda 3's partially wrapped on bonnet with UBER written in pen on the bonnet's pasted paper. Was wondering what it was until I see people testing it. Not sure how that scheme works, other than LCR bulk buys from MM.

I too waited for the COE to come off, but gave up waiting as I came to my conclusion that the demand due to PHP AND LCR is too high.

Interesting, I expected Kah sales reps to have a bigger quota actually..

There are about 500 new honda being put on the road every month, that would mean KM sells about 250 while PI sell another 250, assuming honda has about 30 sales persons in total, each wiuld have an average possible achievement of 8 to 9 cars per month. Edited by Ct3833

Just to add.... Subaru their Forester also rolling out fast..... VW Touran no stock... showroom unit also sold.... really HUAT!!!

Just to add.... Subaru their Forester also rolling out fast..... VW Touran no stock... showroom unit also sold.... really HUAT!!!

Showroom unit sold? Last time they got the Touran comfortline in the showroom but was missing for a while. Only left the tteanfline there. That comfortline showroom unit sold.

LCR have backing of Uber, which can afford to burn money for a long time as their mission is to popularise Uber app.

I was at MM for servicing and saw about 10 mazda 3's partially wrapped on bonnet with UBER written in pen on the bonnet's pasted paper. Was wondering what it was until I see people testing it. Not sure how that scheme works, other than LCR bulk buys from MM.

I too waited for the COE to come off, but gave up waiting as I came to my conclusion that the demand due to PHP AND LCR is too high.

My Source told me for the Oct 1st bid, the car rental firms representing Uber came in 10 mins before bidding ended, and placed 350 bids, pushing Cat A prices up by $1,500.

The sombre mood in the errie quiet Kia and Mitsubishi showrooms on a Sunday afternoon today for the 2 hours that I was there.

post-27974-0-83677800-1476619639_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-33243400-1476619691_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Dislike 2