COE Bidding – 2nd Round of October 2016

Carbon82

All CATs will up slightly...

AD wouldn't risk to drag bidding over to next month....but before that, they will try to psycho buyers to top up...

When coe went up even $100, AD also psycho buyers to top up de. You tell me which AD dont use such marketing tactic,esp if customer did not signed up guarantee coe car package? Lol.

↡ Advertisement

On the road just now already spotted 2 "Black tape" LCR car. Sometimes when daytime you can see through the black tape and figure out the LCR Tel : xxxxx.

Want drive rental car still want to hide identify. Pls put LCR big big so i can avoid them on the road and pay extra attention to them. Knn always press smartphone here and there not looking on the road, or keep looking out for rider then tap brake blur blur want turn don't turn. At least Taxi i know and still can understand. Haters gonna be haters.

hahaha... I thought I'm the only one realizing how come so many PI bring in car but don't have their company names or how come Borneo Motor Altis, Trans EuroKar Mazda 3, how come their bracket nowadays printing so easily wash off. Actually is..... people do hand leg. Really shameless. Not proud of the job don't work for that.

I have seen many cars with black tape across the base of the licence plate holder - mostly Honda Vezel or Toyota Sienta. 

The tell tale sign of a LCR car is hub covers and steel rims. 

My friend itchy hand went to peel off one of the tape on one of them, revealing Lion City Rentals  [laugh]

In SG its all about FACE VALUE.

hahaha.. Ask your friend go and peel more. I very much want to see the facial expression of the driver when they are being identified as rented car. hahaha..

• Praise 1

Tomorrow coe quota not yet cut, you already guess coe will go up for Cat A ah? If like this then Nov coe bid confirmed go up even more liao?! Lol.

I wonder for those who asked to top up for tomorrow coe bid, how high the chance will they get their coe? Lol. And if those who didnt top up, i think their AD should not bid high for them?!

Thought next year it is compulsory for all uber/grab car to paste sticker on the car body? If yes, how they hide? Dont tell me they also paste black tape over the sticker or they tear down the sticker?

They will paste own sticker " I am Not pirate hire " over the Uber sticker .

I hope there are now 36bids in CAT B is enough to excite you all.  This thread cannot stick up. Haha

No need to feel excite, cause nowadays coe hard to predict up or down.

hahaha... I thought I'm the only one realizing how come so many PI bring in car but don't have their company names or how come Borneo Motor Altis, Trans EuroKar Mazda 3, how come their bracket nowadays printing so easily wash off. Actually is..... people do hand leg. Really shameless. Not proud of the job don't work for that.

hahaha.. Ask your friend go and peel more. I very much want to see the facial expression of the driver when they are being identified as rented car. hahaha..

Just wondering why are your guys so bothered by whether the car is leased or owned. 

Car leasing is very common in some countries and as a matter of fact even the VP for my company leased his car.

Everyone has their choice and the person choose to lease as maybe he cannot afford the dp, I see nothing wrong.

Back to COE, i am bothered by the bids put in by the leasing companies. There should be another CAT for them. It isn't fair for consumer to compete against big corporations.

• Praise 1

Just wondering why are your guys so bothered by whether the car is leased or owned. 

Car leasing is very common in some countries and as a matter of fact even the VP for my company leased his car.

Everyone has their choice and the person choose to lease as maybe he cannot afford the dp, I see nothing wrong.

Back to COE, i am bothered by the bids put in by the leasing companies. There should be another CAT for them. It isn't fair for consumer to compete against big corporations.

Think the bulk consensus of the bros here is that they are alright with car leasing or private hire. Everyone can leased or rent at their own pleasure.

But when one who leases or rent goes to the extend to black-tape or sandpaper their car plate, that's another story already :)

And yes, leasing companies are making COE prices high as of now. Agreed with you bro, consumers will alway be at the losing end against the corporations. Cheers.

Edited by BlitzStryker

ADs up price lists. Some even announced up $1K (2nd round) before coming COE bidding, capitalizing on the reduced COE quota. Good Luck!

After the last round coe, if AD up $1k still ok, but some AD even up $3-4k! Like they can predict coe will hit rocket price! Lol.

As long as the car rental firms representing Uber and Grab dont come in last 10 minutes to rock the boat, like what they did last round, and submitted 350 bids, got Hope COE may drop to below $50k

As long as the car rental firms representing Uber and Grab dont come in last 10 minutes to rock the boat, like what they did last round, and submitted 350 bids, got Hope COE may drop to below $50k

Hard to say, lol. Even no uber/grab come in bid, nobody would know if coe can drop below $50k or not?!

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, just some thoughts.

If government would to create a separate group for U/G, it would be mean that they would have to take out some quota from Cat A and B. As a result, the number of Cat A and B would drop by a lot, definitely pushing up the price of COE.

However at the same time in the separate group for U/G, if companies decided that they would take turns to bid, ie Uber bid one month and Grab bid one month, the COE cost would definitely be very very low.

Hi all, just some thoughts.

If government would to create a separate group for U/G, it would be mean that they would have to take out some quota from Cat A and B. As a result, the number of Cat A and B would drop by a lot, definitely pushing up the price of COE.

However at the same time in the separate group for U/G, if companies decided that they would take turns to bid, ie Uber bid one month and Grab bid one month, the COE cost would definitely be very very low.

I think uber/grab case is the same as last time taxi case.

My take is. Lease cost more but less up front. If economy no good, also die sooner or later.

Just need time shake out all the loose ends and then the truth will appear very soon.

COE is not free and just via shouting for fun. Haha

My take is. Lease cost more but less up front. If economy no good, also die sooner or later.

Just need time shake out all the loose ends and then the truth will appear very soon.

Those rental companies are big enough to be able to survive even economy no good. Dont think they will close down. Thats why they will continue to buy more new cars. Lol.

I see many dissatisfactions being voiced in a local uber forum. Most of them comenting not making enough money, some are returning their cars. I am unable to guage if this is a real problem, or it is just a small group of uber folks or this might even be just the tip of the iceberg. But being uber driver does not seem to be as rosy as what have been perceived.

Back to COE, movement seems slow, i hope the price will decline a little and progressively reduce over the next few months. Next year will be last hope, after that no more hope.

CAT A 51k

CAT B 51K

Edited by Ct3833

I see many dissatisfactions being voiced in a local uber forum. Most of them comenting not making enough money, some are returning their cars. I am unable to guage if this is a real problem, or it is just a small group of uber folks or this might even be just the tip of the iceberg. But being uber driver does not seem to be as rosy as what have been perceived.

Back to COE, movement seems slow, i hope the price will decline a little and progressively reduce over the next few months. Next year will be last hope, after that no more hope.

CAT A 51k

CAT B 51K

What hope you mean? Dont know if coe will reduce over the next few months since coe quota reduce?!

↡ Advertisement