Huawei phone / tablet

antelop

was at stinktel shop last Sat to see see look look and overheard the sales assistant telling one AT customer that XM is not as saleable as before as now people turn to Huawei and 0990. I give up on my Tab 4 'cos the photos/videos taken are very fuzzy, not sharp, colour off. Lousy!  [furious]

mate9 should be quite ex bah? P9 is only S$219 or did I see wrongly? 

looking back , it was good that ST did not let me recon earlier with a new phone .... else I might have gotten the MiMax.

my mate 9 is on combo 3 plan so $288 and buying it online get $30 discount ... so total $238.

the phone without plan is about $880 roundabouts ... so use the $640 to pay for the phone plan at $44/mth can cover 14 months liow !!

lucky his wife got iphone lol.

she told me she wants to get a Huawei also next round ...

Try turning off the power management, i.e. the "Close app on screen lock", and allow system wake-up. This will prevent the battery optimization from killing off the app, which may then require you to login again.

That said, it didn't work for my S Health app, causing me to lose steps for the national steps challenge.  :pissed-off:

nope does not really work ... my xiaomi home app still does logs out and I have to sign in everyday so far....

btw, I think they count steps by using GPS right ?

↡ Advertisement

looking back , it was good that ST did not let me recon earlier with a new phone .... else I might have gotten the MiMax.

my mate 9 is on combo 3 plan so $288 and buying it online get $30 discount ... so total $238.

the phone without plan is about $880 roundabouts ... so use the $640 to pay for the phone plan at $44/mth can cover 14 months liow !!

she told me she wants to get a Huawei also next round ...

nope does not really work ... my xiaomi home app still does logs out and I have to sign in everyday so far....

btw, I think they count steps by using GPS right ?

Nope, the steps count is via the G-sensors in the phone. Why I know the app was killed? Because the night before it was still counting, then the next day after more than 4000 steps, when I launched the app it showed 0 steps. While the Mate 9 step counter correctly shows about 4000 steps.

Nope, the steps count is via the G-sensors in the phone. Why I know the app was killed? Because the night before it was still counting, then the next day after more than 4000 steps, when I launched the app it showed 0 steps. While the Mate 9 step counter correctly shows about 4000 steps.

how does the g-sensors work ?? coz when I look at the phone, the steps do not increase one by one but a few steps one time although I take lesser steps that what is shown.

Huawei hardware is good...

I chose Huawei not only because of reputation ... but the fact that ST used Huawei hardware to build the ST network infrastructure. so I am very sure that a Huawei phone will definitely work well with the main network equipment here.

how does the g-sensors work ?? coz when I look at the phone, the steps do not increase one by one but a few steps one time although I take lesser steps that what is shown.

It goes by detecting bumps. One step one bump. Of course when you shake the phone it will also sometimes count as one step.

• Praise 1

I just need some time to get adjusted to it from my Xperia days ...

but so far I have some issues ... wonder if you guys have the same problem.

on my xperia, once I setup and login to a service, I NEVER had to log in again. however, on the mate9, I keep getting logged out of my apps and had to log-in almost every time I open the app. Even for the Singtel app whereby you check your usage ... I even had to re-login for that !!

Maybe I never login to Huawei that's why never experience. Just login to Google nia. One thing is that I don't like to sign on the phone login as I will switch phones every few years. That's why I think everything just sync with Google is the the best

• Praise 1

Looks like buay pai huawei phones....

But after using xiaomi ...which gives me sufficient power for my own usage pattern i find it hard to justify to pay for "better phones"

Other than the camera.

Been thinking and thinking ever since my son gave my phone a nice long crack on the screen.

• Praise 1

Maybe I never login to Huawei that's why never experience. Just login to Google nia. One thing is that I don't like to sign on the phone login as I will switch phones every few years. That's why I think everything just sync with Google is the the best

I also never use the Huawei app ... I am using Xiaomi Home to monitor my home ip cams ... it has been logging me out without my knowledge and every morning I will have to login again.

I am also using ZDbox as a phone manager ... but everytime the phone goes into sleep, the app will close. so I use the memory manager to keep it alive but I think it is eating at the phone's ram.

I am also using another app for my work called IAS ... same thing, I have to re-login after a while.

another issue is whenever my whatspps notification comes up, I will click to view and then be redirected to unlock my phone ... but after keying in my pin, the phone will just "hang". then I will close the smart cover and then open again and the phone will be ok again.

never had these issues with my xperia.

Edited by Ysc3

I also never use the Huawei app ... I am using Xiaomi Home to monitor my home ip cams ... it has been logging me out without my knowledge and every morning I will have to login again.

I am also using ZDbox as a phone manager ... but everytime the phone goes into sleep, the app will close. so I use the memory manager to keep it alive but I think it is eating at the phone's ram.

I am also using another app for my work called IAS ... same thing, I have to re-login after a while.

another issue is whenever my whatspps notification comes up, I will click to view and then be redirected to unlock my phone ... but after keying in my pin, the phone will just "hang". then I will close the smart cover and then open again and the phone will be ok again.

Try upgrading to the latest B138 firmware? You need a Malaysia/Thai/Taiwan SIM Card though. Never had problems with my whatsapp since Day 1 as I upgraded the firmware immediately, before installing anything.

I have not installed the ZDbox, as I find that the built in phone manager is managing well, every day will prompt me for those apps that sap resources.

I also have no issue with watsapp, maybe due to me not having any pw or fingerprint

They opened a concept store in Nex. 

You can try there.

Any bro knows where to buy this in Singapore?

Been using huawei phone - media pad m2 with 7" screen - for several months. Superb.

• Praise 2

Just found out about this. 

Though i guess everyone just care about the amount of RAM they get, but not the quality.

Huawei cutting some corners for the P10, and also subsequently revised some specs for the Mate9.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/04/huawei-says-flash-memory-is-to-blame-for-slow-p10-speeds.html

https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/04/22/huawei-p10-memory-scandal-removes-ufs-2-1-description-official-mate-9-website/

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I am just waiting and hoping that they would come with a new update which will re-allow double tapping on the screen to wake the phone.

Hi all. I've been using the P10 for the past one month plus and really satisfied with the peroformance. No longer obsessed with getting the highest spec phone, but one that has decent performance for my daily use.

What I really liked was the single button that can control back, home and recent apps.

Would also like to ask if there's a way to keep the camera in permanent HDR mode instead of having to change it every time I open the stock camera app.

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Any other recent feedback on the P10 ?

Am attracted by

- form factor, black looks cool.

- 4GB RAM

- 3200 mAh battery

Leica camera is a bonus I suppose ....

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement