Driving License: SAF Transport Operator/Driver Vocation

Revole

Many of my friends have licence before enlistment, but none became driver.

I got my driving licence during NSF.

So having licence before or after will not affect the posting.

Now even better, you get to choose the vocation you prefer before enlistment.

one of the "best combat" roles is to become a MP Driver. (Not the APC motorcycle one) but the official MP Patrol car. During my time, there is a few NSF MP drivers, as vocation is MP but they act as Commander Driver / RSM driver 

do in camp patrol / help buy food / run errands  ....

Really *** BEST LIFE EVER ***

Edited by rickosw
↡ Advertisement

one of the "best combat" roles is to become a MP Driver. (Not the APC motorcycle one) but the official MP Patrol car. During my time, there is a few NSF MP drivers, as vocation is MP but they act as Commander Driver / RSM driver 

do in camp patrol / help buy food / run errands  ....

Really *** BEST LIFE EVER ***

Is MP driver stay out?

Is MP driver stay out?

during my time, the few NSF MP driver are "white horse / unicon" - of cos stay out

but now, I am not sure how the situation is ... worst case, is shift work, which is still not too bad ...

interesting point back to the topic, those MP Drivers are not able to convert / use their military licence into civilian ones cos they fail to meet the min. requirements (aka distance covered)

Edited by rickosw

during my time, the few NSF MP driver are "white horse / unicon" - of cos stay out

but now, I am not sure how the situation is ... worst case, is shift work, which is still not too bad ...

interesting point back to the topic, those MP Drivers are not able to convert / use their military licence into civilian ones cos they fail to meet the min. requirements (aka distance covered)

You mean if driver meet the requirements, they can like this convert to civilian licence?

Interesting, at first I also thought both the same thing 

Now to realise, both should be different? Like if you commit traffic offense with military vehicle, it will stay in the military. It does not affect your civilian driving license.

Correct me if im wrong! Not very sure as well

Edited by Evo9

Interesting, at first I also thought both the same thing 

Now to realise, both should be different? Like if you commit traffic offense with military vehicle, it will stay in the military. It does not affect your civilian driving license.

Correct me if im wrong! Not very sure as well

I think it depends on ur offence. 

If u driving a military vehicle on public road, u kill a civilian. It will be brought upon State court and not military court. But if u driving a military vehicle inside military compound, u kill a SAF personnel, maybe trialed in a military court. But the guy who was killed due to smoke grenade was trialed in State court.

I am also not sure. I had a fren, he smuggle drugs and was caught at Changi Airport. He was trialed by military court and sentence served in DB. Not State court.

So I am also not sure which circumstances lead to military court or State court. But if kena State court, your cicilian license sure kena gantong.

You mean if driver meet the requirements, they can like this convert to civilian licence?

yes, during my time you can convert a military driver license to a civilian one (you can ask any old bird to confirm)

but like what I said, those white horse MP driver cannot convert cos they do not meet the min mileage (cos only inside camp, or buy food from outside), only those in APC / ZPC MP drivers can (cos they are on the roads patrol / ferry detainees / MPs)  ...

Edited by rickosw

Neutral Newbie

yes, during my time you can convert a military driver license to a civilian one (you can ask any old bird to confirm)

but like what I said, those white horse MP driver cannot convert cos they do not meet the min mileage (cos only inside camp, or buy food from outside), only those in APC / ZPC MP drivers can (cos they are on the roads patrol / ferry detainees / MPs)  ...

Military driver need to get a record of 7000 km of mileage in order for applying conversion to civilian license after completion of NS.

If you have an accident while driving military vehicle, your mileage reset to zero.

Not sure if it is the same now.

Edited by ETCS

I think it depends on ur offence.

If u driving a military vehicle on public road, u kill a civilian. It will be brought upon State court and not military court. But if u driving a military vehicle inside military compound, u kill a SAF personnel, maybe trialed in a military court. But the guy who was killed due to smoke grenade was trialed in State court.

I am also not sure. I had a fren, he smuggle drugs and was caught at Changi Airport. He was trialed by military court and sentence served in DB. Not State court.

So I am also not sure which circumstances lead to military court or State court. But if kena State court, your cicilian license sure kena gantong.

I should clarify.

It depends on what offense you are charged with. if the offense you are charged with carries with it a mandatory sentence of disqualification, then it matters not whether you are charged in a civilian court or a military court. You will be disqualified. For example, if u are convicted for a drink driving offense, there is a mandatory DQ of one year from holding or obtaining all classes of driving license. This will include an SAF license. If you are an SAF driver by vocation, you will have to be re-vocationalised.

PB

I should clarify.

It depends on what offense you are charged with. if the offense you are charged with carries with it a mandatory sentence of disqualification, then it matters not whether you are charged in a civilian court or a military court. You will be disqualified. For example, if u are convicted for a drink driving offense, there is a mandatory DQ of one year from holding or obtaining all classes of driving license. This will include an SAF license. If you are an SAF driver by vocation, you will have to be re-vocationalised.

PB

What about speeding Offences? Beating red light? If driving a military vehicle.

Doesn't carry to civilian license?

What about speeding Offences? Beating red light? If driving a military vehicle.

Doesn't carry to civilian license?

I think what he means is, if the offence got disqualification (i.e. 24 points or more), then everything disqualified, including SAF and civilian license.

But if no disqualifications then only the circumstances apply (military only military, civilian only civilian).

I think what he means is, if the offence got disqualification (i.e. 24 points or more), then everything disqualified, including SAF and civilian license.

But if no disqualifications then only the circumstances apply (military only military, civilian only civilian).

First of all, there is a difference between suspension and disqualification. Disqualification is by the court, suspension is by TP

When a soldier commits a driving offence driving an SAF vehicle with a military license, both the civilian authorities and military authorities have jurisdiction of the offence. However, in such a case, the civilian authorities usually let the military authorities deal with the case.

If the military deals with it and the offence carries a mandatory sentence, for example, a DQ term or a jail term, then the court martial will have to impose such a sentence.

PB

↡ Advertisement