2016 Skoda Kodiaq

Aukang

the curious thing is why VW has never been well known of good realiability but Skoda is one of the most realible conti car even though they share many of the same part?

VW is marketing Skoda as a affordable premium, so I guess everything has to be top-notch / reliable?

Harvest 倒了... Otherwise, the Skoda is a very good value proposition to the Jap and Kor

In Europe and India, Skoda is selling better than similar VW model (Superb vs Passat, Octavia vs Jetta, etc.).

I was told by my colleagues from India that back in their hometown, Skoda is rank along side with Audi / BMW / MB... I will take this statement with a pinch of salt.

Fully agree! :a-good: Friend had a Fabia followed by Octavia previously, The interior fit and finish is top-notch, only main downside when comes to selling, literally get low-balled by all dealers  [knife]

Dealer just like a hungry tiger, will always cite low demand, poor branding, no official agent to offer super low price. But look at the price they advertise after they take in the car, not cheap at all...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

driving a superb now .. no regrets .. has never disappoint me .. will buy Skoda again ....

reliability  - so far no issue for past 3 years

spacious cabin

unknown why ppl complaining Skoda lousy .. ??  just wander if you have ever driven it or sit on it before you comment.

• Praise 1

probably due to the bad exprience from silver cab? Why silver cab no more using Skoda as their taxi?

driving a superb now .. no regrets .. has never disappoint me .. will buy Skoda again ....

spacious cabin

unknown why ppl complaining Skoda lousy .. ??  just wander if you have ever driven it or sit on it before you comment.

spacious cabin

Yours 6 spd DSG 2.0TSI model?

Quite a handful of 7 spd DSG 1.8 model affected by the gearbox issue.

probably due to the bad exprience from silver cab? Why silver cab no more using Skoda as their taxi?

Probably because 2T Superb are the first TC diesel taxi on our road, taxi uncle whack them like no tomorrow, and to be fair, under such hard driving conditions, how many can be problem free for the full 7 - 8 years life span?

And again, with the folding of 2 Skoda ADs in Singapore within <10 years, confidence level are serverly affected...

• Praise 4

Its a pity we are not having Skoda dealer here as it should be more reliable than vw. Somehow no sg dealer can succesfully sell this brand.

The AD are to be blamed. Both past ADs folded because of their own financial issue. For HA case, partly also because of the rocketing COE premium back in 2011 - 2013, that close the gap between a Sokda and other similar make (i.e. $10K saving on a Skoda have lesser impact on buyer shopping for $150K to $180K ride). Before that, they have been doing well with the Superb, Octavia and Yeti.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Only for die hard fans.... Must pay for Adoption at VW? Might as well buy VW.

I think I saw a blue Octavia VRS in Bishan area a few months ago... I was [shocked]

But I didn't retrieve cam footage to confirm at the time, so I'm not sure if I really saw it or my imagination

If stronger AD like Trans Eurokars taking over, probably can be similar as Mazda sale now [:)]

The AD are to be blamed. Both past ADs folded because of their own financial issue. For HA case, partly also because of the rocketing COE premium back in 2011 - 2013, that close the gap between a Sokda and other similar make (i.e. $10K saving on a Skoda have lesser impact on buyer shopping for $150K to $180K ride). Before that, they have been doing well with the Superb, Octavia and Yeti.

spacious cabin

Yours seem rather new. Dunno would give you issues if driven longer. But majority of car buyers siam it. Maybe, would be dealers or distributors also siam it. Japanese brands reign in reliability, cheaper parts and most impt easy to get.

Cos many still thinking Skoda means this:

post-128138-0-35886600-1455294283_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

spacious cabin

unfortunate that the yeti has been suffering from vw's gearbox problem.

was a skoda owner too and agree its a superb car

Why do you need to even go back to vw? The savings you get from getting the Skoda (without vw dealer's profit) is significant. Many workshop can service a Skod without being charged the the rates for servicing at AD.

Importing a car without AD in Singapore is a risk, a very big risk.

Of course there isn't any worry about doing normal servicing. But there are alot of WHAT IF when there isn't an AD to support the ride.

IF the car gets into an accident, body parts like doors and bumpers have to be imported. Consider the cost and waiting time.

IF there is a recall for this model due to safety issues, your car got no where to seek help.

etc

etc 

etc

IF there is a recall for this model due to safety issues, your car got no where to seek help.

Hmm....if your statement is correct, AD will take in PI cars of the same make and model when there are recalls? I sincerely doubt it....

• Praise 1

Hmm....if your statement is correct, AD will take in PI cars of the same make and model when there are recalls? I sincerely doubt it....

Nope. I did not say that the AD will not take in PI cars during a recall.

PI cars will have to go back to their own Parallel Importer as they are the one legally responsible for the recall and subsequent parts replacement (provided the PI did not go bust).

**Edit: Anyway I am stating the problem arising from a recall assuming the person self import his own car.. 

Edited by KoreanLover
  • Praise 1

Of course there isn't any worry about doing normal servicing. But there are alot of WHAT IF when there isn't an AD to support the ride.

IF the car gets into an accident, body parts like doors and bumpers have to be imported. Consider the cost and waiting time.

etc

etc

etc

Even if there is AD, some parts also need to be ordered. And much costlier to order they AD.

Even if there is AD, some parts also need to be ordered. And much costlier to order they AD.

Bro, I fully agree that AD don't carry all items but my point is; having an AD really makes life alot easier.

[:p]

↡ Advertisement