Bye Bye Golden Shoe

Lala81

should relook at all the logistics and urban planning.

Perhaps give Tax incentive to work from home.

Make sense as all the offshore resources work from Philipines and India or china. Does not make sense to travel one hr. stuck in train due to poor maintenance.

Then work longer hrs to compensate for the train and travel all the way back just to face a dark room and cold food at 10pm.

We kept tooting our horns that we have good infrastructure . Fast broadband. Even now, we have skype and video. Why are we still behind time in getting on with the new paradigm.

We kept on going on and on on disruptive technology. Car lite, yet not providing a good enough argument to go car lite.

I will be quite contented to not buy a car and start work in my pajamas if the tax incentive for the business proof useful to reduce office space in town and Hot desking on a need to use basis.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

should relook at all the logistics and urban planning.

Perhaps give Tax incentive to work from home.

Make sense as all the offshore resources work from Philipines and India or china. Does not make sense to travel one hr. stuck in train due to poor maintenance.

Then work longer hrs to compensate for the train and travel all the way back just to face a dark room and cold food at 10pm.

We kept tooting our horns that we have good infrastructure . Fast broadband. Even now, we have skype and video. Why are we still behind time in getting on with the new paradigm.

We kept on going on and on on disruptive technology. Car lite, yet not providing a good enough argument to go car lite.

I will be quite contented to not buy a car and start work in my pajamas if the tax incentive for the business proof useful to reduce office space in town and Hot desking on a need to use basis.

Not every job can work from home, it must at least have deliverables that are exact and measureables. Otherwise productivity sure to drop.

Not every job can work from home, it must at least have deliverables that are exact and measureables. Otherwise productivity sure to drop.

Yes, you better hope your job cannot be done from home. Otherwise might as well get a business process outsourcing coy to do it from PH or IN.

• Praise 4

Like that, go Shenton House.  Cheap cheap food.

Almost everyone in China pack lunch to work.

Start packing lunch to work.

Shenton house is even further than LPS if your office is located around oub/ocbs area.

Yes, you better hope your job cannot be done from home. Otherwise might as well get a business process outsourcing coy to do it from PH or IN.

exactly, I'm more than willing to report to office from 9-5pm, rain, shine or snow :D
  • Praise 1

Heng I not work in satki Shenton way

I used to work in Raffles Place and parked at Golden Shoe for 11 years.

If I haven't left my previous job, this is gonna be a big problem for me now.

I used to work in Raffles Place and parked at Golden Shoe for 11 years.

If I haven't left my previous job, this is gonna be a big problem for me now.

So rich, can drive and park at raffles place for 11 years?! :o

Edited by 13177

Err.... this is sarcasm or u frog in a well? Many people work in Raffles Place many many years also park in CBD.

Think should at least $300 or more.

Anyway 300 is consider dirt cheap in CBD, Asia Square is 535, Ocean Financial Centre is 500 and I believe there are many building in these ranges too

Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 1

Err.... this is sarcasm or u frog in a well? Many people work in Raffles Place many many years also park in CBD.

Anyway 300 is consider dirt cheap in CBD, Asia Square is 535, Ocean Financial Centre is 500 and I believe there are many building in these ranges too

Paiseh, i dont work in raffles place and also dont drive. Lol.

$500 plus parking per month? This is crazy! People working in raffles place salary really very high.

• Praise 1

Raffles place is the most convenience location for train or bus, if drive there just to park from 9-5, probably take public better.

Going to be like CBD in HK where nobody drive and park there.

• Praise 1

Raffles place is the most convenience location for train or bus, if drive there just to park from 9-5, probably take public better.

Thought no matter which location people work, most people is to drive to work and just park there during working hours de? Lol.

Turbocharged

damn... used to work at Raffles Place for a couple of years

had lunch regularly at Golden Shoe (cos it's cheap obviously)

my fav were the nasi lemak, chicken rice, bak chor mee... and not forgetting the iced kopi from the corner stall manned by an old couple

• Praise 2

How much is parking at golden shoe anyway?

$345 per month.

It's the cheapest around the area.

When I started parking there 11 years ago, it was only $220.

Not rich, but office is in Raffles Place, so no choice.
  • Praise 6

Cannot leh, need to move around so driving is more convenient and productive.

At least 900 lots at Golden Shoe, wonder any new car park coming up otherwise jialat liao.

• Praise 2

Paiseh, i dont work in raffles place and also dont drive. Lol.

$500 plus parking per month? This is crazy! People working in raffles place salary really very high.

Salary at least $20k thats why $500 sup sup haha

$345 per month.

It's the cheapest around the area.

When I started parking there 11 years ago, it was only $220.

Not rich, but office is in Raffles Place, so no choice.

Normally only VP and above drive car into CBD :D

By the way $500 is not inclusive $8 ERP per day and petrol. So at least must prepare $1.2k on top of monthly installments. But majority here no installment right? :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5