Health screening in malaysia

Seaweed

I find treadmill not say very accurate on the result, as my colleague who went for treadmill always result not very good, then went further test on ECG etc, result ok.

I mean doing ecg on treadmill test, that one my neighborhood clinic don't have.  I always thought the one on treadmill should be more stringent in catching heart problem as some symptom need to be stressed to show up.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement

I mean doing ecg on treadmill test, that one my neighborhood clinic don't have.  I always thought the one on treadmill should be more stringent in catching heart problem as some symptom need to be stressed to show up.

Treadmill test really depends also.

Treadmill test really depends also.

i do thread mill test like once in about 2-3 years ; Do at SGH (National Heart Centre) thru' polyclinic referral ; I just tell the doctor my whole family (which is real) all got heart problems and I do active sports and feel some kind of chest pains from time to time (which is sort of goreng-ing but thats the only way to convince them to write referral letter )  I think they call it something with Nuclear something , cost me $362/- last year where they inject a dye in and you cannot take some kinds of food in the morning prior to the test; they had to do the dye test twice as it failed 1st time.... cant remember the exact dynamics...  I passed the test well 'cos I do endurance sports at times; When I last went there in Dec last year they said they are going to jack up the prices again; I remember 3 years back it was like only $200++ but this dye injection is something kind of different

Sata got stress test but not so state of art or comprehensive as compared to SGH, imo . SGH - they do both incline and resting also  

Normal Blood test just do at polyclinic can lah already;     

A treadmill stress ECG is definitely more sensitive than a resting ECG. But it's also more likely to pick up false positives as it was never designed as a screening test for people without complaints (ie general screening).

You can consider if u do endurance training.

i do thread mill test like once in about 2-3 years ; Do at SGH (National Heart Centre) thru' polyclinic referral ; I just tell the doctor my whole family (which is real) all got heart problems and I do active sports and feel some kind of chest pains from time to time (which is sort of goreng-ing but thats the only way to convince them to write referral letter )  I think they call it something with Nuclear something , cost me $362/- last year where they inject a dye in and you cannot take some kinds of food in the morning prior to the test; they had to do the dye test twice as it failed 1st time.... cant remember the exact dynamics...  I passed the test well 'cos I do endurance sports at times; When I last went there in Dec last year they said they are going to jack up the prices again; I remember 3 years back it was like only $200++ but this dye injection is something kind of different

Sata got stress test but not so state of art or comprehensive as compared to SGH, imo . SGH - they do both incline and resting also  

Normal Blood test just do at polyclinic can lah already;     

Maybe it is the dye that inject into you is expensive?

Maybe it is the dye that inject into you is expensive?

Stress testing is the most helpful screening tool.
Treadmill stress ECG (TMX) and Dynamic stress echocardiography (DSE) are sufficient for most healthy adults who can still go on the treadmill.

CT angiography is to look for diseased blood vessels.

There's no need for nuclear scanning (MIBI) unless you are some old man lah.

• Praise 1

Stress testing is the most helpful screening tool.
Treadmill stress ECG (TMX) and Dynamic stress echocardiography (DSE) are sufficient for most healthy adults who can still go on the treadmill.

CT angiography is to look for diseased blood vessels.

There's no need for nuclear scanning (MIBI) unless you are some old man lah.

I am not very familiar with the mumbo jumbo lingo-just sharing my thoughts;   So I just went back and pulled my records and it was Heart Profusion Test and since I do endurance sports (maybe) don't  know if I am considered "Ah Pek" yet, depending on how you see the Retirement Age hurdle pushed up n up.

It says here that I achieved 17.1 METS and says Negative excercise Stress Rest Perfusion scan for Ischaemia at Stage 5 Bruce Protocol

... just to add one of my cousins never made it beyond 40 and another 2 have had stents;  my parents also got it too

So its just that I feel I'm a walking "time bomb"

So just sharing my $0.02 ,big bro.

Scanning thru their brochure, I notice their packages does not include cancer marker. They are optional and rather expensive if they were to be added on.

Those I  found from neighborhood got marker, but not ECG, treadmill.

Got cancer marker for certain cancer in the SATA packages. 

I did the standard one and wanted to do other cancer marker in the optional but was told that cannot anyhow add ourselves.  We must see the doctor and the result first then can do the optional marker.  Doctor will only ask you to do if he feels necessary.

Oh, btw there was no MC given after the screening so must take half day. 

Edited by Dleodleo

I am not very familiar with the mumbo jumbo lingo-just sharing my thoughts;   So I just went back and pulled my records and it was Heart Profusion Test and since I do endurance sports (maybe) don't  know if I am considered "Ah Pek" yet, depending on how you see the Retirement Age hurdle pushed up n up.

It says here that I achieved 17.1 METS and says Negative excercise Stress Rest Perfusion scan for Ischaemia at Stage 5 Bruce Protocol

... just to add one of my cousins never made it beyond 40 and another 2 have had stents;  my parents also got it too

So its just that I feel I'm a walking "time bomb"

So just sharing my $0.02 ,big bro.

Heart PERFUSION.

It is to check for the function of the wall that could indicate any areas that are 'dead' and non functional.  Is an indicator of how the heart responds to stress and any findings there can mimic a lack of blood flow due to any reason, could be atheroscelrosis and then, if positive, to move on to a CAthererisation angiography.  Any blockages, they can do a PTCA or if does not warrant, medications will do.  OF course, worst case scenario is bypass lo.

In any case, you can only die once...hahahha

ohhhhh...you have the genetic factor in you.  Really need to jaga, if not BANFORLIFE will be your new nick

take care

Heart PERFUSION.

It is to check for the function of the wall that could indicate any areas that are 'dead' and non functional.  Is an indicator of how the heart responds to stress and any findings there can mimic a lack of blood flow due to any reason, could be atheroscelrosis and then, if positive, to move on to a CAthererisation angiography.  Any blockages, they can do a PTCA or if does not warrant, medications will do.  OF course, worst case scenario is bypass lo.

In any case, you can only die once...hahahha

ohhhhh...you have the genetic factor in you.  Really need to jaga, if not BANFORLIFE will be your new nick

take care

I like you "In house Unker Doctor!"  Your exclusive consultation [scholar]  always free one !! [bounce1]

I like you "In house Unker Doctor!"  Your exclusive consultation [scholar]  always free one !! [bounce1]

eh @lala81 is the real doctor hor.....

i'm in the business of such things lah....haha.  I see thru ppl one.

My specialty is in NEuro and CArdiac interventions, so we have to be pretty aware of what we are dealing with when we do our imaging

friend...which HOME you referring to?

many patients i see always want to go HOME before they really return ic liao... [blush]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Ah choiii .... :D

Just phoned in to CGH to make apt for comprehensive health screening:

Core package: $365

Add in Heart Plus: $250 and Liver Plus: $175 ...

ok, going to spend $800 for this check ...

http://www.cgh.com.sg/Patients_Visitors/Health_Screening/Pages/health_screening_mphs.aspx

Ah choiii .... :D

Just phoned in to CGH to make apt for comprehensive health screening:

Core package: $365

Add in Heart Plus: $250 and Liver Plus: $175 ...

ok, going to spend $800 for this check ...

http://www.cgh.com.sg/Patients_Visitors/Health_Screening/Pages/health_screening_mphs.aspx

Gd!  Early detection or whatever is always better

Stay healthy and happy

Wah. 800 plus just for a checkup.  :a-panic:

Getting expensive to live!

my prices never change...YET :grin:  :grin:

eh @lala81 is the real doctor hor.....

i'm in the business of such things lah....haha.  I see thru ppl one.

My specialty is in NEuro and CArdiac interventions, so we have to be pretty aware of what we are dealing with when we do our imaging

tks again big Bro and I want to say thank to @lala81 too  [thumbsup]

Wah. 800 plus just for a checkup.  :a-panic:

Getting expensive to live!

Just do it lor... anyway, like what Mod said, go for checkup and early detection if there is anything wrong ...

If nothing, be happy and thankful and live life normally :)

↡ Advertisement