Health screening in malaysia

Seaweed

Ah choiii .... :D

Just phoned in to CGH to make apt for comprehensive health screening:

Core package: $365

Add in Heart Plus: $250 and Liver Plus: $175 ...

ok, going to spend $800 for this check ...

http://www.cgh.com.sg/Patients_Visitors/Health_Screening/Pages/health_screening_mphs.aspx

I have to say their core package is very expensive but the heart plus and liver plus is slightly cheaper than market rate. 

So overall, still acceptable.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

I have to say their core package is very expensive but the heart plus and liver plus is slightly cheaper than market rate. 

So overall, still acceptable.

Thanks for the comparison :)

Will just go there to do the checkup and hopefully able to get doctor's advices on the follow-up apt ..

Ah choiii .... :D

Just phoned in to CGH to make apt for comprehensive health screening:

Core package: $365

Add in Heart Plus: $250 and Liver Plus: $175 ...

ok, going to spend $800 for this check ...

http://www.cgh.com.sg/Patients_Visitors/Health_Screening/Pages/health_screening_mphs.aspx

Spend $800 for check-up consider quite expensive sia! Unless you can claim from your company or you are super rich people?! Lol.

I am not very familiar with the mumbo jumbo lingo-just sharing my thoughts; So I just went back and pulled my records and it was Heart Profusion Test and since I do endurance sports (maybe) don't know if I am considered "Ah Pek" yet, depending on how you see the Retirement Age hurdle pushed up n up.

It says here that I achieved 17.1 METS and says Negative excercise Stress Rest Perfusion scan for Ischaemia at Stage 5 Bruce Protocol

... just to add one of my cousins never made it beyond 40 and another 2 have had stents; my parents also got it too

So its just that I feel I'm a walking "time bomb"

So just sharing my $0.02 ,big bro.

So is the Heart profusion test a more detail test than treadmill ecg? I mean if do this test, is it no need to do ecg treadmill.

So is the Heart profusion test a more detail test than treadmill ecg? I mean if do this test, is it no need to do ecg treadmill.

I am really not sure about the dynamics ; maybe @lala81 can shed some light into this aspect - he is well versed with all this stuff ;  All I remember is that at SATA they made me only do the incline test on thread mill and it was over in a very short while while in SGH (NHC) 3 years back; they do the resting phase.... so more comprehensive;  I had to go see a doctor there (SGH) first & he advised that I do this so called dye injection thingy ; The ECG is there still done NHC but they put you later into a huge machine (like MRI scanner again its a layman term for me) and I had to do it twice 'cos it was not clear 1st time round and had to wait another few hours and drink lots of water so as to maybe flush out the previous dye

also @lala81 mentioned about old men; well it depends again how old  you are; I'm in mid 50's       

Edited by BanCoe

I am really not sure about the dynamics ; maybe @lala81 can shed some light into this aspect - he is well versed with all this stuff ; All I remember is that at SATA they made me only do the incline test on thread mill and it was over in a very short while while in SGH (NHC) 3 years back; they do the resting phase.... so more comprehensive; I had to go see a doctor there (SGH) first & he advised that I do this so called dye injection thingy ; The ECG is there still done NHC but they put you later into a huge machine (like MRI scanner again its a layman term for me) and I had to do it twice 'cos it was not clear 1st time round and had to wait another few hours and drink lots of water so as to maybe flush out the previous dye

also @lala81 mentioned about old men; well it depends again how old you are; I'm in mid 50's

Bro you could really fool me. From your writing and the things you do I would have guess you at most in your early 40s.

Keep young.

• Praise 1

Spend $800 for check-up consider quite expensive sia! Unless you can claim from your company or you are super rich people?! Lol.

Its the additional PLUS packages that I have signed up, giving the fact that my family history has diabetes, and heart problems ...

And also I have HepB, so better check the liver as well ..

It's a bit complicated. But it really depends on the institution. 

By all intents and purposes, treadmill ECG or stress echocardiography is more common. And definitely enough as a screening test.

Usually even to assess chest pain with low degree of suspicion, a treadmill ECG and echocardiogram is sufficient.

The heart perfusion test he mentioned is usually more for patients with heart disease. 

I am really not sure about the dynamics ; maybe @lala81 can shed some light into this aspect - he is well versed with all this stuff ;  All I remember is that at SATA they made me only do the incline test on thread mill and it was over in a very short while while in SGH (NHC) 3 years back; they do the resting phase.... so more comprehensive;  I had to go see a doctor there (SGH) first & he advised that I do this so called dye injection thingy ; The ECG is there still done NHC but they put you later into a huge machine (like MRI scanner again its a layman term for me) and I had to do it twice 'cos it was not clear 1st time round and had to wait another few hours and drink lots of water so as to maybe flush out the previous dye

also @lala81 mentioned about old men; well it depends again how old  you are; I'm in mid 50's

It's a bit complicated. But it really depends on the institution. 

By all intents and purposes, treadmill ECG or stress echocardiography is more common. And definitely enough as a screening test.

Usually even to assess chest pain with low degree of suspicion, a treadmill ECG and echocardiogram is sufficient.

The heart perfusion test he mentioned is usually more for patients with heart disease.

Thanks, I'll continue to look for a screening package to include the treadmill ECG, that would be enough for me now. Any problem detected will let the doctor decides.. 

• Praise 1

I would recommend a comprehensive health screening to be done every 2 years or so ... especially for those above 40 ...

For those younger ones, also can :))

I would recommend a comprehensive health screening to be done every 2 years or so ... especially for those above 40 ...

For those younger ones, also can :))

Sometimes don't know every 2 years go for health screening ok or not? Most say should do it every year.

Sometimes don't know every 2 years go for health screening ok or not? Most say should do it every year.

I'd usually advise yearly for those people who are more kiasu/kiasee or have something that needs to be followed up, for example high cholesterol.

2-3 yearly for younger folks with a clean bill of health on the previous health screening.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

hanks, I'll continue to look for a screening package to include the treadmill ECG, that would be enough for me now. Any problem detected will let the doctor decides.. 

SATA have treadmill ma.

Premier
$438.70 (with GST)
$410 (before GST)

• ECG (Electrocardiogram)

• Exercise Stress Test / Treadmill

However if you feel unwell it is better to go polyclinic and refer you to hospital for "heart scanning",

My daughter did that.  Her heart was beating very fast for 3 days and we brought her to private clinic for ECG and it shows some murmur and refer us to KKH.  We went to polyclinic and ask the doctor for referral letter as it was cheaper. 

My girl went and luckily it showed normal.  I was in the room with her.  I dun knw what is that called.  It is something like xtray, the doctor can see the whole heart, valves and everything with the machine.  Not actually expensive, less than $100.  Around S$35-$70, i have forgotten the actual cost.

• Praise 1

However if you feel unwell it is better to go polyclinic and refer you to hospital for "heart scanning",

My daughter did that.  Her heart was beating very fast for 3 days and we brought her to private clinic for ECG and it shows some murmur and refer us to KKH.  We went to polyclinic and ask the doctor for referral letter as it was cheaper. 

My girl went and luckily it showed normal.  I was in the room with her.  I dun knw what is that called.  It is something like xtray, the doctor can see the whole heart, valves and everything with the machine.  Not actually expensive, less than $100.  Around S$35-$70, i have forgotten the actual cost.

sounds like TEE

• Praise 1

I'd usually advise yearly for those people who are more kiasu/kiasee or have something that needs to be followed up, for example high cholesterol.

2-3 yearly for younger folks with a clean bill of health on the previous health screening.

Agreed :)

Anyway, as long as can afford, why not? :)

What is the few hundreds if can prevent further things happening that may cost thousands of dollars ...

here is how it goes

General 1st stage: Stress treadmill with ECG test.  If further indicated, then they will send you for a Coronary CT with possible Calcium Scoring algorithm.  This determines the calcium score in the vessels tht may mimic plaque formation. After the 3D reconstruction and if the cardiologist deems that it is necessary, a full Cardiac Catheterisation with kiv PTCA is recommended.  IF the see a blockage that may be 70% or more, they will do an angioplasty and stenting.  

There are 3 main vessels supplying the heart, the LAD, Circumflex and the RCA.  Various branches come out of it as well, the diagonals, Obtuse marginals, etc

If there is evidence of major blockages and the vessels are grotty, then they may suggest a Coronary bypass.  This is using your native blocked vessels with other graft vessels from the leg or arm or any other arteries within the inferior circulation like the LIMA.

There.  IF really cannot, then come to me :D  :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1