Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 235 praises

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear all, currently there is this app called the myresponder app. This app can actually be used to call 995 and if you are a registered user who knows cpr, you will be informed of potential cardiac arrest cases near your location since the app can track your current location if your handphone is on and near you.

So first I would like to encourage anyone trained in cpr and/or aed to sign up.

But the second point is this. Even if you have no knowledge of cpr or cannot help, this app is very useful because your location can be tracked. What are the situations that might make this useful when you can just call 995?

1) elderly people who do not know their address. Like they know they stay in jurong but dunno street or block number which can happen if they are visiting

2) if you are unsure where you are. Maybe you are lost and there is no landmark like maybe of you go hiking and you don't know exactly where you are

3) you do not know where you are like maybe in an unfamiliar neighbourhood

4) for elderly maybe language barrier and they find it hard to verbalise address

GPS is not perfect as they don't give exact location but a rough location but it goes a long way in cutting down the time to ascertain the location.

I put this in a new thread cos I don't see where else I can put as no existing thread on this seem to exist.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-33-35.png
  • Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-32-43.png
  • Screenshot_2016-10-26-12-27-15.png

Eviilusion, Blueray, Picnic06-Biante15, Still2016, Mustank, haronkr, Othello and 5 other members praised this

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Got poh mata app? :grin:
Philipkee, BanCoe and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:05 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Got poh mata app? :grin:

Nah. Just for you. But I am most familiar with the myresponder app as it involves my profession.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2016-10-26-15-52-25.png
  • Screenshot_2016-10-26-15-58-13.png
  • Screenshot_2016-10-26-15-57-53.png
  • Screenshot_2016-10-26-15-57-21.png

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:09 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Scarely got those siao lang vigilante heroes, call themselves justice league or special plain cloth commando sign up as first responder.

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What is first responder ah?

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:18 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What is first responder ah?

Basically if there is a cardiac arrest or a suspected cardiac arrest near your location you will be activated by hp to respond to provide cpr if needed if you are cpr trained.

The reason is that the ambulance takes time to arrive and in a cardiac arrest every second counts so if cpr can be started by trained personnel earlier the chance of survival is higher.

Of cos it is strictly voluntary. Not like if you are activated you die die have to go.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

want to add on,

in additional, this app also indicate the nearest defibrillator in your area, should you require it.

my wife and I actually went for a course to learn about using defibrillator, cpr etc.

find it very beneficial to self and others.

I hope 1 fine day, I can put it to a good use. ^_^

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:15 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Basically if there is a cardiac arrest or a suspected cardiac arrest near your location you will be activated by hp to respond to provide cpr if needed if you are cpr trained.

The reason is that the ambulance takes time to arrive and in a cardiac arrest every second counts so if cpr can be started by trained personnel earlier the chance of survival is higher.

Of cos it is strictly voluntary. Not like if you are activated you die die have to go.

I see, i see. 

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

http://www.healthxch...-aed-video.aspx

For those who DO NOT know anything about CPR and AED it is very easy to do. Just follow instructions and well there is a short video on it.

So don't be afraid in an emergency.

Of cos if one is trained this video might not be too appropriate since this video was made for the lay person.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:10 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Dear all, currently there is this app called the myresponder app. This app can actually be used to call 995 and if you are a registered user who knows cpr, you will be informed of potential cardiac arrest cases near your location since the app can track your current location if your handphone is on and near you.

So first I would like to encourage anyone trained in cpr and/or aed to sign up.

But the second point is this. Even if you have no knowledge of cpr or cannot help, this app is very useful because your location can be tracked. What are the situations that might make this useful when you can just call 995?

1) elderly people who do not know their address. Like they know they stay in jurong but dunno street or block number which can happen if they are visiting

2) if you are unsure where you are. Maybe you are lost and there is no landmark like maybe of you go hiking and you don't know exactly where you are

3) you do not know where you are like maybe in an unfamiliar neighbourhood

4) for elderly maybe language barrier and they find it hard to verbalise address

GPS is not perfect as they don't give exact location but a rough location but it goes a long way in cutting down the time to ascertain the location.

I put this in a new thread cos I don't see where else I can put as no existing thread on this seem to exist.

Just downloaded and installed. I really slow, already so many people use this app and so many people post responses and cases attended by this app..

Edited by Yewheng, 27 October 2016 - 10:11 PM.

Philipkee praised this

Posted 27 October 2016 - 10:17 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The nurses I know , they will not want to do CPR in public. Being trained in order to renew the license doesn't mean they will do.
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:02 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

http://www.tnp.sg/ne...ions-over-phone

http://www.tnp.sg/ne...-performing-cpr

Don't say like that la Ingenius

Edited by Philipkee, 28 October 2016 - 12:03 PM.

Still2016 praised this

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The nurses I know , they will not want to do CPR in public. Being trained in order to renew the license doesn't mean they will do.

Nod nod in the past we medic must hold a valid licence insider for reservist training. Now... decades down the road I doubt I have the confidence like active era to perform real life for CPR.
RH1667 praised this

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:07 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://www.healthxch...-aed-video.aspx

For those who DO NOT know anything about CPR and AED it is very easy to do. Just follow instructions and well there is a short video on it.

So don't be afraid in an emergency.

Of cos if one is trained this video might not be too appropriate since this video was made for the lay person.

On the contrary, Singapore has no good Samaritan laws (already discussed in parliament and dismissed by our overlords).

So while it is good to be helpful, please make sure you know what you are doing. If you don't know, better to just stand aside.

Nod nod in the past we medic must hold a valid licence insider for reservist training. Now... decades down the road I doubt I have the confidence like active era to perform real life for CPR.

Army CPR/first aid training is wayang one la. I also passed all the tests (with certificate) but I won't be able to help anyone if it really comes down to it.

The best part is that I think I am in the top 30% in terms of competency so the other 70% is worse than half f*** type. If I were injured, I wouldn't want them to help me.

That is all.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:23 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

On the contrary, Singapore has no good Samaritan laws (already discussed in parliament and dismissed by our overlords).

So while it is good to be helpful, please make sure you know what you are doing. If you don't know, better to just stand aside.

Army CPR/first aid training is wayang one la. I also passed all the tests (with certificate) but I won't be able to help anyone if it really comes down to it.

The best part is that I think I am in the top 30% in terms of competency so the other 70% is worse than half f*** type. If I were injured, I wouldn't want them to help me.

Don't say like that lah. Active time me and fellow medic did encountered couple of real life incidents in camp. Those knowledge were put into good use..however after Rod slowly the confidence dissipating. Knowledge still there but not the confidence.

By the way I was from 41. So during active times my routine were camp/DB/Alexandra ward 15. Everyday in a medical environment.

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:27 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

nx time u see an ahpek collapse, as he is croaking, ask if he is Ingenius..if afrirmative, then dun call 995, call pizza hut [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]

:grin:  :grin:

RH1667 praised this

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Don't say like that lah. Active time me and fellow medic did encountered couple of real life incidents in camp. Those knowledge were put into good use..however after Rod slowly the confidence dissipating. Knowledge still there but not the confidence.

By the way I was from 41. So during active times my routine were camp/DB/Alexandra ward 15. Everyday in a medical environment.

I'm not targeting army medics la. You guys definitely have the experience.

I'm actually talking about the clowns that go through command school and have to pass their first aid/CPR tests. I can safely say that 70% of them don't know what they are doing (even during the test).

That is all.

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:11 AM

Qpik
  • Premium member
    Qpik
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

TS, tap on your post to encourage those who know of people who have demented loved ones to check out the following link:

http://www.alz.org.s...afe-return-card

Philipkee, RH1667 and Carbon82 praised this
It is difficult to make a Man understand anything especially when his salary expect him not to understand anything.

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not really true. Obviously if you don't know don't anyhow do. But if you are calling 995 then LISTEN to the dispatcher and give the information as best as you can and follow the instructions.

Of cos if you are trained then it is better but if untrained then just follow instructions.
Still2016 praised this

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:01 PM

Insurance
  • Premium member
    Insurance
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I have just passed my CPR and have signed up.  Have also responded to one case.  But not able to do cos by the time i am about to reach the victim, 995 arrived. 

Anyway good to sign up.  Who knows you may save someone life.  :) 

Still2016, Philipkee, Kklee and RH1667 praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users