Would you pay $1K for a cafe membership?

Jman888

i am just wondering will this franchise store carry all the props or Memorabilia or merchandise from the sitcom, or it is just a place decor with fake props and furniture.

oh read on their FB that they also use crowd funding to open this cafe  [sweatdrop]

do any of the teen age below 20 know about the sitcom?

Maybe they trying to do like Hard Rock Cafe?? or like those football clubs too

Let the young do some new things........ in the name of Disruptive Entertainment, which is the trending word  

↡ Advertisement

Crowd funding, upfront membership fees, one wonders what risk the business owners themselves are bearing. 

Add to that:

http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Friends-no-more-Central-Perk-coffee-shop-closes-its-doors

I'm not sure I would even prepay for 10 coffee drinks at this joint, let alone pay for a $1,000 membership with vague benefits.

• Praise 1

They overestimate the FRIENDS fans here.

cos all are old people by now   [sweatdrop]

for Asian old FRIENDS fans, we would prefer hawker centre   [laugh]  [laugh]

Crowd funding, upfront membership fees, one wonders what risk the business owners themselves are bearing. 

Add to that:

http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Friends-no-more-Central-Perk-coffee-shop-closes-its-doors

I'm not sure I would even prepay for 10 coffee drinks at this joint, let alone pay for a $1,000 membership with vague benefits.

they closed down so that the furniture & props can ship over here   :D

they closed down so that the furniture & props can ship over here   :D

Don't need lah. Just show the video to china/JB furniture factory. 1 week later can collect brand new pirated furniture one  [laugh]

i am just wondering will this franchise store carry all the props or Memorabilia or merchandise from the sitcom, or it is just a place decor with fake props and furniture.

oh read on their FB that they also use crowd funding to open this cafe  [sweatdrop]

do any of the teen age below 20 know about the sitcom?

It's a Friends "inspired" café. Seriously doubt any actual props will be on display.

Below 20 years probably not, but most fans are in their 30s/40s now and will have the spending power, but 1k is too much. 50 to 100 bucks more likely to attract some fans. Was watching the series on SH the other day and found to be quite boring even with Joey doing stupid things. Wonder why I laughed so hard back then. lol.

And, with only one couch there, I wonder how long you need to queue in order to sit there.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S-inspired Central Perk Cafe founder explains $1,000 membership fee
Monday, Nov 21, 2016

SINGAPORE - Nearly a month since F.R.I.E.N.D.S themed cafe Central Perk SG was lambasted online for its annual $1,000 membership fee, the founder finally speaks out.

Mr Lim Jit Min explained on the cafe's Facebook page that there are physical limitations to the eatery's 100-seater capacity during special events, as such a membership scheme will give members priority access.

The cafe has sold 97 memberships as of Nov 18.

In an earlier post, the cafe explained that the steep fee allows members to get priority queue along with five other guests. Members can also make reservations to sit at the Central Perk couch, make event bookings and attend exclusive pre-launch events and tastings.

To date, two members have booked the cafe for their solemnization.

Members will also get up to six complimentary cups of coffee a day, with each blend profiled to the F.R.I.E.N.D.S characters.

They will also receive merchandises, including a tumbler, cap, apron, umbrella, mug and a personalized t-shirt.

He added that the cafe has also allocated space for daily walk-ins, catering to non-members who don't get to make table reservations.

While the full list of membership perks have not been revealed, Mr Lim said that the team is working on new ideas which will be shared with interested fans over a coffee session.

The cafe will open on Nov 24 at Central Mall.

You must specify how many of the above points , @radx consperm can qualify one ; he just turned 40 [:p]

Lol u carry balls ah

We all know radx has turned 340 last month

• Praise 1

Lol u carry balls ah

We all know radx has turned 340 last month

Liddat the cafe close down already even if @radx is 99 years lease hold.... but now you say he is freehold , lagi worse [:p]  

Maybe you neber carry his balls....... surely got privileges one ....... [:p]  

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

i think it is the ultra-sentimentalist that will be inclined to pay this type of money.  some of us who liked to watch the sitcom also don't find it worth the while.

tao nao pai ah?

i rather invite some close friends to my home, on the aircon, play some music, sit on my couch (comfy too) and drink nespresso

throw in some cakes too

total not more than $50

the cafe is not even open and received so many negative comments in their facebook, i hope they are just joking and clarify it as a prank   [laugh]  [laugh]

[Chandler]Can they BE any more ridiculous?[/Chandler]

[Joey]How THEY doin'?[/Joey]

Edited by Turboflat4