Which Cars Will Be The Best Sellers Of 2016 ?

therock

You need at least $82,000 to purchase the Nissan Note Basic Lite, which is the bare basic skeleton model which comes with cloth seats and steel rims with wheel covers (no leather seats and sports rims), and no front camera etc. Price has been increased twice in 2 weeks since the last COE bididng on 19 Oct.

* To secure the car at this price, you also need to take loan, insurance and trade in your car with Tan Chong Motors, else top up an additional $4,000 to $86,000.

So add this add that, eventually the price becomes $86k for the basic note. Lol. So maybe only perodua axiai still the cheapest?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

So add this add that, eventually the price becomes $86k for the basic note. Lol. So maybe only perodua axiai still the cheapest?

Notwithstanding China made cars, where to find $6,900 annual dep for a brand new Malaysian made car with Japanese technology, with road tax of just over $300 a year.

(edited)

Indeed, 72k is hard to beat.

I see some drivers hurtling up and down the NS highway at top speed in this car.. a bit scary..

Edited by therock

Indeed, 72k is hard to beat.

I see some drivers hurtling up and down the NS highway at top speed in this car.. a bit scary..

The Perodua Axia's kerb weight is only 800kg. Excellent power to weight ratio.

Edited by Vinceng

The Perodua Axia's kerb weight is only 800kg. Excellent power to weight ratio.

Good for FC, but when that car hits anything, especially with the thin metalwork.. it's not going to be pretty..

Any NCAP ratings?

Good for FC, but when that car hits anything, especially with the thin metalwork.. it's not going to be pretty..

Any NCAP ratings?

4 Star NCAP rating. Don't underestimate the poor man's Mini Cooper ; )

Metal is same as its closest contenders, Nissan Note and Mitsubishi Attrage, which cost $10k and $8k more respectively .

With the Axia's meagre horses, it would be underpowered if the metal is solid as a Kia Cerato Forte. There has to be a balance and compromise.

Edited by Vinceng

I do wonder what is the top selling car minus PI sales too, since Vezel is quite a huge chunk.

According to BT in April, number 1 is Toyota Altis and number 2 is Mazda 3. Third and fourth is Nissan Qashqai and Sylphy.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/toyota-on-top-with-altis-as-no-1-model

Edited by Benarsenal

Yeah I really want to know that too.

I think the Corolla will be no 1, especially with their aggressive campaign. It's a good car and will get better in 2017.

No wonder same dealers have been trying to get more sales as Merc and BMW get pushed out of the top five by Japanese cars.

I don't believe it's 72k without any terms n conditions for the axia

You are right. There are terms and conditions:

1) You must have at least $21,600 for downpayment,

2) You must be able to secure bank loan, or

3) You must have $72K cash

No other unfair conditions , such as:

1) Must trade in car

2) Must secure bank loan through them

3) Must take car insurance through them

The list for UK is interesting:

The Golf is in their top ten, and so is the Ford Focus..

I guess their driving conditions are different or the DSG issues are all worked out:

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/revealed-uks-best-selling-cars-2016-so-far#1

UK seldom drive AUTO although they do have this option.

They still believe AUTO cars are for ladies/lazy drivers.

Very encouraging to see Honda leading by 11% todate.

My gut feel tells me VTEC will take the lead this year, and VVTi will have to eat humble pie.

↡ Advertisement