Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread part III

Sofarsogood

ditto for that depressed uncle. He and son walked out of accident unscathed 

Waiting for Mr Brown to make a video called "Have Merc will survive"... played to the tune of the Hokkien "must fight in order to win"..

↡ Advertisement

q up is a lan lan situation lar...ððð! Unless there is only 1 woman in front...ð¨ð¨ð¨. Got study say actually both gender is bad at multi-tasking......and multi-tasking actually makes one confused and slow.

Actually Multitasking is a term for people who cannot focus on a single task.

If she is multitasking while driving, than it meant ......

could be doing either one below

Using phone, changing radio channel, choosing another song, putting lipstick, looking at folder, checking

Weather, inputting next destination postal code, tending to a crying baby.......

Yes bro

But someone more experienced will read the situation and slow down , tap brakes gently thereby alerting the taxi and avoid the last minute need to swerve or jam on the brakes.

You avoid the entire situation altogether

Is this a comment after watching the video just once as the woman driver had to do, or have you watched it a few times from sitting at your computer and not worrying about anything.

This is not a major criticism just a two cents worth.

Is this a comment after watching the video just once as the woman driver had to do, or have you watched it a few times from sitting at your computer and not worrying about anything.

This is not a major criticism just a two cents worth.

Notice what I posted later on?

Yes armchair commentary is also easy :)

Cheers 

Using phone, changing radio channel, choosing another song, putting lipstick, looking at folder, checking

Weather, inputting next destination postal code, tending to a crying baby.......

that is dangerous! I really dont mind if they are behind the keyboard firing away while doing all those stuff....but when they are doing all those behind the wheel....thats a moving lethal weapon. I ever gave somebody abd advice on doing one thing at a time as she was doing some electronics stuff while talking on the her hp. Wah....she gave me that....can lah....wont go wrong wan! Last she cried as she had cocked up the wiring and submission was only an hour away!

Doggie sleep quite early de, no night activities kind ð

At nite guai guai at home ð¤

This kinda of nite activities most suitable for your æ¯æ¯ ð

please hor... my grandma doesn't think of that type of night activities hor

when she said stealing chickens, she meant it literally in the old kampung days

• Praise 1

The Audi is an inconsiderate driver, but the Merc (DVR owner) isn't an angel either.. if she has experience, she can see what the Audi will do, and give that car a wide berth.. instead she must have her way, and the poor taxi bumped into her.. sometimes a bit of proactive defensive driving will go a loooonnng way...

Agree

I drive that stretch regularly! Situational awareness and get ready to use reflex and Siam and then show middle finger

Lady driver shd take bus

Yes. I counted a bit over 2 seconds from the time the Audi came into view (already straddling lanes with indicator on).

2 seconds is an *eternity* for a modestly competent driver to react to a simple thing like this by performing a simple action: start braking early (and hence more gradually)!

If anyone thinks 2 seconds is not sufficient to react to this sort of road situation, please do everyone a favour and stop driving.

That big culprit in slowing down the natural reaction in most Sillypoor drivers is that ingrained "my right of way what?!" mentality.

Totally agree! MB driver reflexes cmi

Poor taxi driving too close no matter what else happened.

Certainly his attention was elsewhere except on the road as it should have been, and if Merc driver had swerved then she might have accident with car on inner lane.

Yes taxi cud hv braked in time too....

That stretch is notorious , esp the earlier junction turning in to civil svc training college

That's what I mean bro

Before the whole incident an experienced driver will hang back a few seconds and slow down so he takes into account the Audi trying to stick out and avoid last minute hard braking which will cause her car to be rear ended.

It's all about situational awareness. Hindsight is 20/20 but experienced drivers will know how to avoid being caught in this situation. Cheers

Same thoughts esp 'situational awareness'

I think you guys should cut some slack. The FEMALE MB driver is the victim leh. And some comments were unfair to her lor.

IMO, your "from a distance" is actually very near

you gotta be kidding me bro .... it's about 2s. And she did brake mah. Was she speeding ? Not in my view

I disagree. If you look, after the car in front of MB passes the Audi, the distance is actually very near. Actual distance is always nearer than it seems compared to video footage. So when cam car actually saw the Audi coming out, its prob too late. You talk about "a few seconds" , I counted it was 2 seconds thereabouts. SO the MB driver actually adhered to the 2 second rule in keeping a safe distance.

wah, lets see you judge & siam to the next lane when some cars do such stunt to you loh. Sure you have enough time to do so many things under 2 seconds ?

DISCLAMER : the MB char bo is not related to me in ANY way [laugh] Just felt unfair that you guys are actually blaming her ?!?! [shakehead]

Bro.. those driving that road know how to Siam

Maybe she new, all the more she should be alert nia on such antics.... Audi wrong but rxn of mB charbo challenged nia

• Praise 5

Driving is in itself multitasking. It's like HFMD.

Hand to control steering

Foot to control speed and braking

Mouth to convert oxygen to carbon dioxide

Dat's it.

#lame

• Praise 3

CNY round the corner, everyone drive safe folks .............. Have a nice weekend  [drivingcar]

Everyday must drive safe...not only during CNY.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

speaking of CNY, a lot of drive-once-a-year drivers will be coming out onto the roads.

better be more alert and car-cammed up in case of kena by kuku drivers.

• Praise 6

Wrong lah.... Lungs takes in oxygen and gives off carbon dioxide... 

Anus gives off flatulence

Mouth is reserved for cursing at the idiot drivers on the road you met.  Under your breath or openly depends if you have your kids/CO with you. 

:D

Driving is in itself multitasking. It's like HFMD.

Hand to control steering
Foot to control speed and braking
Mouth to convert oxygen to carbon dioxide
Dat's it.

#lame

please hor... my grandma doesn't think of that type of night activities hor

when she said stealing chickens, she meant it literally in the old kampung days

• Praise 2

speaking of CNY, a lot of drive-once-a-year drivers will be coming out onto the roads.

better be more alert and car-cammed up in case of kena by kuku drivers.

On the other hand every day drivers think they know everything and can do everything which they patently can't.

It would be useful to know which have the most accidents per driver, red plate or black plate.

↡ Advertisement