Singapore Reckless Drivers Thread part III

Sofarsogood

Supercharged

It's the attitude of the driver, not whatever good or bad insulation of the car. Search youtube for more incidents to view driver driving without a front or rear wheel cruising on highway even many honking to catch their attention to stop.

really? share leh! share leh!

it'd be fun to see some of these cockanathans to lighten the sombre mid-week blues

↡ Advertisement

waaa 23 now ? U must be very hiong when young . You Miss fired and married at 18 ? :D

Knn, I am about to draw monthly cpf ms soon, how could I have misfire her mother, in fact she suppose to have a elder by 30 yo's this year, but her mother wasn't careful in her houseworks.

really? share leh! share leh!

it'd be fun to see some of these cockanathans to lighten the sombre mid-week blues

Okay, now I am outside, later reach home will help you to search these unbelievable videos of blurr drivers caught in action.
  • Praise 1

'DISMOUNT AND PUSH' CYCLING REMINDERS AT MORE CROSSINGS
Media Replies
16 Jun 2013

We refer to Mr Chin Kee Thou’s letter, ‘Don't forget signs for cyclists’ (Sunday Times, 9 Jun).

For safety reasons, it is important for cyclists to slow down when they approach a junction and to dismount from their bicycles to push their bicycles across a junction or pedestrian crossing. We have therefore have installed “Dismount and Push” signs at pedestrian crossings with high volume of bicycle and pedestrian traffic. These signs have also been installed by the National Parks Board along the Park Connectors that continue across junctions and zebra crossings.

Besides these signs, we have also painted markings on the road reminding cyclists to dismount and push their bicycles at some zebra crossings in Tampines Town. These markings have been well- received by the community and we will be extending them to more locations both within and outside Tampines estate.

We thank Mr Chin for the opportunity to clarify.

Director, Media Relations

Land Transport Authority

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=3&id=2211027a-6534-46dc-ba2e-c92c7beb7f8d

• Praise 2

WTF???

Accident like that the white car just drive off? Dun even stop to help...what a f**ker!

I won't stop to help either.

Fellow made his own bed now he has to lie in it. But if the car driver doesn't have a camera, I will be willing to testify.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Knn, I am about to draw monthly cpf ms soon, how could I have misfire her mother, in fact she suppose to have a elder by 30 yo's this year, but her mother wasn't careful in her houseworks.

Cin ho mia ...... girl already grown up. Reaching time to collect CPF - ms or CPF life monthly payout?

Cin ho mia ...... girl already grown up. Reaching time to collect CPF - ms or CPF life monthly payout?

To confess being great reliefs in 2017 after her NUS graduation, but previous last 4-5 years was heavy burden in mentally and financially providing her academic qualifications achievement. As parent we are looking forward her happy marriage in another 5 years down the road.
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Man who had no motorbike licence still gets $690,000 in damages

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/man-who-had-no-motorbike-licence-still-gets-690000-damages

I guess its the same as those who hit illegally parked cars. They are still liable for the damages since they hit a parked car. Doesn't matter if it is illegally parked or not. Even for hitting pedestrians. Drivers get majority of the blame even if the pedestrian is jaywalking.

It's the attitude of the driver, not whatever good or bad insulation of the car. Search youtube for more incidents to view driver driving without a front or rear wheel cruising on highway even many honking to catch their attention to stop.

I remember the old Citroens could be driven on just 3 wheels and don't even need a spare tyre in car - it was great tech back then
  • Praise 2

'DISMOUNT AND PUSH' CYCLING REMINDERS AT MORE CROSSINGS

Media Replies
16 Jun 2013

We refer to Mr Chin Kee Thou’s letter, ‘Don't forget signs for cyclists’ (Sunday Times, 9 Jun).

For safety reasons, it is important for cyclists to slow down when they approach a junction and to dismount from their bicycles to push their bicycles across a junction or pedestrian crossing. We have therefore have installed “Dismount and Push” signs at pedestrian crossings with high volume of bicycle and pedestrian traffic. These signs have also been installed by the National Parks Board along the Park Connectors that continue across junctions and zebra crossings.

Besides these signs, we have also painted markings on the road reminding cyclists to dismount and push their bicycles at some zebra crossings in Tampines Town. These markings have been well- received by the community and we will be extending them to more locations both within and outside Tampines estate.

We thank Mr Chin for the opportunity to clarify.

Director, Media Relations

Land Transport Authority

Please see my signature.

• Praise 1

Please see my signature.

Cement-mixer driver jailed 2 weeks for Tampines fatal accident

"This was a tragedy that no one wanted to occur. Our client is sincerely contrite and accepts responsibility.

"This incident should nonetheless serve as a timely reminder for cyclists to get off their bicycles before availing themselves to the privileges of a pedestrian crossing,'' the lawyer said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/cement-mixer-driver-jailed-2-weeks-for-tampines-fatal-accident

Yes, if nothing happen then cyclist gets away with it.

If something happen then it can become grounds for shifting the burden ?

At the end of the day, its flesh vs metal. 

My father warned me once, car can repair, can your leg repair ?

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 6

Turbocharged

WTF???

Accident like that the white car just drive off? Dun even stop to help...what a f**ker!

Wish driver should go down n take video of amtk.

Song boh, u think this is yr grandfather road.

F off to yr country. This is Singapore.

• Praise 4

I remember the old Citroens could be driven on just 3 wheels and don't even need a spare tyre in car - it was great tech back then

Those that I seen in youtube were typically " couldn't be bother types of attitude in driving " the lower arm assembly scratching on the road with huge fire sparks and they just continue going for kilometres dragging.

WTF??? 

Accident like that the white car just drive off?  Dun even stop to help...what a f**ker! 

Why not? I think the cyclist deserves zero pity.

• Praise 3

I guess its the same as those who hit illegally parked cars. They are still liable for the damages since they hit a parked car. Doesn't matter if it is illegally parked or not. Even for hitting pedestrians. Drivers get majority of the blame even if the pedestrian is jaywalking.

it depends on the situation

For example

"A British motorist who knocked down and killed a Korean woman and her two children outside The Anchorage condominium in Alexandra Road last year was on 30 Jan 2001 acquitted of negligently causing their deaths. District Judge Audrey LIM ruled that the prosecution had failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Julia Elizabeth Tubbs, a lawyer, had been negligent and failed to keep a proper lookout and had thus caused the three deaths. Since the accident, the Land Transport Authority ahd spent about S$17,000 to improve the street lighting in front of The Anchorage condominium. Two street lamps had been relocated and one more installed. In this case, the judge said the deaths of the three persons could not be described as anything less than tragic. (Straits Times 31 Jan 2001)"

here's the link:

http://www.mycarforu...es-death/page-3

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2