COE Bidding – 1st Round of November 2016

Carbon82

I forgot the lucky draw has started leh.

Anyway, saw this news on the internet.  TLC PI folded, and the biggest debtor is Auto Lease.  Because when Exodus Global went down, it also run road the same company Auto Lease.

In all, Auto Lease bidded 31 COE for both TLC and EG lor.  They also took a few Vezel from AL and paid only 6K deposit.

According to the news AL sold them Vezel for 36K ea.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Anyway, saw this news on the internet. TLC PI folded, and the biggest debtor is Auto Lease. Because when Exodus Global went down, it also run road the same company Auto Lease.

In all, Auto Lease bidded 31 COE for both TLC and EG lor. They also took a few Vezel from AL and paid only 6K deposit.

You should refer to the PI thread. The latest road runner is Royal Auto. By the way TLC also ran away with 600k of borrowing from crowd funding.

I am sure PI's booking must have been affected by the series of bad news recently, it is just the extent of the impact. Will the loss in PI share translate into AD gain is something that yet to be seen.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Wow ....... Everyday got PI run road wah ...... any affected bro/sis here ?

You should refer to the PI thread. The latest road runner is Royal Auto. By the way TLC also ran away with 600k of borrowing from crowd funding.

If you are talking about non guaranteed COE bids, I think some people who ordered the Wish and Elantra didn't get their COEs..

But with the increased price, they might now.

But it's like an arms race - if all the dealers up their prices and up their bids, then the COE will also go up, and somehow, someone will be disappointed.. 

Those who booked from AD and couldn't secure the COE in non guaranteed  6 bids were from the group of buyers that were affected by the sudden relaxing of car loan by MAS. The COE went up to $8K. 

My guess for coming coe 

Cat A = $51k

Cat B = $55k

• Praise 1

Wow ....... Everyday got PI run road wah ...... any affected bro/sis here ?

It would be interesting to analyze why PI run road. That will give us a better understanding on car sale margins and why it is so competitive. Of course for those that gamble away their money, we don't want to know lah.

I also notice a trend. When COE is climbing, you have more PI but when it come down, this is when you see more running away. Any link or just because economy is bad thus no business?

When I seen the article, my main concern is that these middlemen, don't do anything one lor, they even don't bid the COE themselves lor.

What is the value add then ? Collect money only ?

Need to get garment to step in lor, MAS to regulate or some form of Escrow arrangement to protect consumer lor

Oh yes, garment always say OWNSELF SETTLE hor.

It would be interesting to analyze why PI run road. That will give us a better understanding on car sale margins and why it is so competitive. Of course for those that gamble away their money, we don't want to know lah.

I also notice a trend. When COE is climbing, you have more PI but when it come down, this is when you see more running away. Any link or just because economy is bad thus no business?

When COE is coming down, there are simply more orders and you collect a lot more deposits. A dishonest PI might then be tempted to run away with all his deposits and from his debts.

There simply no logical reason why PI run road. They run away because they are dishonest and have a criminal mind.

If you are talking about non guaranteed COE bids, I think some people who ordered the Wish and Elantra didn't get their COEs..

But with the increased price, they might now.

But it's like an arms race - if all the dealers up their prices and up their bids, then the COE will also go up, and somehow, someone will be disappointed.. 

Increased price as in the car price or the coe price? If many people who ordered their elantra and didnt get their coe, maybe thats why we dont get to see many elantra on the road?! Lol.

• Praise 1

if market flooded with uber because of bad economy, would you take uber or mrt?

during such time, even taxi suffers. uber or taxi, economy must be good to sustain the lifestyle.

given a choice, i prefer good economy and pay high coe.

given a choice, I prefer good economy and pay low coe.

[laugh]

• Praise 3

Those who booked from AD and couldn't secure the COE in non guaranteed  6 bids were from the group of buyers that were affected by the sudden relaxing of car loan by MAS. The COE went up to $8K. 

My guess for coming coe 

Cat A = $51k

Cat B = $55k

Even with the 3 weeks break plus quota cut, you guess Cat A only up $1k? Lol.

Anyway, saw this news on the internet. TLC PI folded, and the biggest debtor is Auto Lease. Because when Exodus Global went down, it also run road the same company Auto Lease.

In all, Auto Lease bidded 31 COE for both TLC and EG lor. They also took a few Vezel from AL and paid only 6K deposit.

Can we buy from AL and register ourself !
  • Praise 2

Increased price as in the car price or the coe price? If many people who ordered their elantra and didnt get their coe, maybe thats why we dont get to see many elantra on the road?! Lol.

Both actually. I thInk there's still a backlog of COE orders that needs to be fulfilled.

Then there are also new orders. The dealer collects more money with a higher price tag telling the buyer that a higher price will give a guaranteed COE. But other dealers also have the same intent. So this pushes the entire bidding game to a new level.

Out of the few thousand bids each time, there are those opportunistic ones and the serious ones. If everyone takes the guaranteed option there will still be disappointed buyers. So the cycle goes on and COE spirals up.

Take out uber or grab and yes the demand may drop a bit but there's still a pent up demand, especially since the past couple of years were lean years with less COEs.

• Praise 1

Even with the 3 weeks break plus quota cut, you guess Cat A only up $1k? Lol.

Looking at the threads of all COE bidding discussion after MAS relaxing of car loan. Everyone keep on saying COE is going all the WAY up but ended up  still have up and down too. by the way, both honda and mitsubishi are maintaining the price for cat A. in fact mitsubishi lancer ex reducing the price from $93999 to $89999. 

• Praise 1

Looking at the threads of all COE bidding discussion after MAS relaxing of car loan. Everyone keep on saying COE is going all the WAY up but ended up  still have up and down too. by the way, both honda and mitsubishi are maintaining the price for cat A. in fact mitsubishi lancer ex reducing the price from $93999 to $89999. 

If don't reduce price,how to collect more order?

• Praise 1

Booked at 89999 can get coe or not ? Same as some ppl who booked elantra at 83k, get order top up later only. Side track, I have seen white tape and green tape , seems like black tape is too common and they use diff color haha.

If don't reduce price,how to collect more order?

This shown that no one will want to consider their lancer ex for that kind of price. 

Taking many orders without successfully selling the car with COE also no use. how to sell ??

Reducing price to trap people to book and waste buyer time, if ultimately cannot secure coe? Lol. I cant understand the logic how come honda and mitsubishi can reduce $4k so much for the coming coe bidding? Wonder is there a catch somewhere? Since ADs are the one who always predict that coe will go up for the coming months than come down lo. 

I always dont believe AD would be so good to reduce price on their car price and yet ultimately can deliver car to buyer. Cause if price is to reduce, surely they would add in some terms and condition somewhere, maybe like lower coe rebate, longer bidding time etc to trap buyers to commit with them, then along the way play the top-up game. Lol.

↡ Advertisement