COE Bidding – 1st Round of November 2016

Carbon82

Booked at 89999 can get coe or not ? Same as some ppl who booked elantra at 83k, get order top up later only. Side track, I have seen white tape and green tape , seems like black tape is too common and they use diff color haha.

Lol, what white, green and black tape ah?

If you booked 89999, surely you have a higher chance than those who booked 83k lo. I guess AD dont secure coe based on who booked the car first and who booked the car last. They based on the car price you paid, the coe rebate level and if the customer got top-up any money along the way, and then AD would bid accordingly. So if the person who booked at 83k few months back still refuse to top-up and the coe never went down much, AD high chance would not close the deal with this person ultimately. But another person who booked his car with a higher price tag now, might able to get his coe faster than the 83k buyer. Lol.

↡ Advertisement

Looking at the threads of all COE bidding discussion after MAS relaxing of car loan. Everyone keep on saying COE is going all the WAY up but ended up  still have up and down too. by the way, both honda and mitsubishi are maintaining the price for cat A. in fact mitsubishi lancer ex reducing the price from $93999 to $89999. 

Lancer .... mai lah. This car has been around since Y2007, almost ten years model. Seriously, who will buy ?

I would rather get any of the Korean in the same price bracket - KIA, Hyundai even Chevy.

Lancer .... mai lah. This car has been around since Y2007, almost ten years model. Seriously, who will buy ?

I would rather get any of the Korean in the same price bracket - KIA, Hyundai even Chevy.

Maybe people buy for the reliability? Since car is the same from 2007, it should be a safe buy? Lol. But new technology or engine car might have problem?! 

This shown that no one will want to consider their lancer ex for that kind of price. 

Taking many orders without successfully selling the car with COE also no use. how to sell ??

This is the common strategy used by many Authorised Distributors to lock in customers, prevent them from buying from competitors, and later put pressure on customers to top up.... "Quota in the next quarter will be further reduced. If you don't top up now, very hard to secure COE. The longer you wait, the higher the prices."  

The engine used in the current Hyundai Elantra and Kia Cerato Forte K3, are the same engine used in the 2006 Elantra.

Also 10 year old technology.

The engine used in the current Toyota Vios was first used in the 9th generation Corolla 1.5 launched in 2000. This one lagi worse - 16 yr old technology with the same 4 speed auto tranny, and yet still costs a premium, and it sells !!! 

Edited by Vinceng

This is the common strategy used by many Authorised Distributors to lock in customers, prevent them from buying from competitors, and later put pressure on customers to top up.... "Quota in the next quarter will be further reduced. If you don't top up now, very hard to secure COE. The longer you wait, the higher the prices."  

The engine used in the current Hyundai Elantra and Kia Cerato Forte K3, are the same engine used in the 2006 Elantra.

The engine used in the current Toyota Vios was first used in the 9th generation Corolla 1.5 launched in 2000. This one lagi worse - 16 yr old technology with the same 4 speed auto tranny, and yet still costs a premium, and it sells !!! 

If AD uses too much on such tactic, they will eventually pissed off customers which maybe really lost a customer permanently. If customer got pissed off, they might not go back to buy their car anymore. 

Seems like many so called current new car model, all are using engine that already exists donkey years ago?  :o

I still see quite a lot "new" lancer on the road include LCR car plate.

I think people buy it because it is made in japan.

Side track,why I see one new altis with LCR plate fitted with sport rim.I thought those car do not have sport rim fitted?

The more orders that AD can secure means the more interest free cash for them to finance their bz.. each order come with interest free $10k financing to AD.. 

Customer piss off also LLST do the top up and forget about it after ten years. I top up 4k when I booked before MAS relax rule. Coe shoot up to 50+k so LLST loh. SE still ask me book before price increase, end up also top up to match latest pricing LLST. Bo Bian car scraped so pay and forget.

At least the exterior is new and different. For the Lancer, it is still using the same sheet metals.

I tot KIA/Hyundai has developed their own engines for the newer models, I could be wrong.

As for the VIOS, the lastest model has upgraded to CVT.

Anyhow, so much about reliability for ten years tehnology. I prefer newer technology.

If AD uses too much on such tactic, they will eventually pissed off customers which maybe really lost a customer permanently. If customer got pissed off, they might not go back to buy their car anymore.

Seems like many so called current new car model, all are using engine that already exists donkey years ago? :o

Agreed.

Some buyers just want a price deal where the chances to secure the coe is high even with no discount and that why some AD don't want to risk their reputation. Few examples are kah motor and mazda. My friend got his Honda car on the 1st bid on a 6 bids non Guaranteed. They are very firm on the pricing but assured my friend no top up bulls**t and guaranteed can get the car even though is non guaranteed.

Agreed.

Some buyers just want a price deal where the chances to secure the coe is high even with no discount and that why some AD don't want to risk their reputation. Few examples are kah motor and mazda. My friend got his Honda car on the 1st bid on a 6 bids non Guaranteed. They are very firm on the pricing but assured my friend no top up bulls**t and guaranteed can get the car even though is non guaranteed.

Maybe your friend pay quite a high price for his honda, although it is non guaranteed package and yet still able to get his coe so fast?! I believe those who cannot get their coe on their non guaranteed package, these people should have pay a further discounted price.

• Praise 1

Customer piss off also LLST do the top up and forget about it after ten years. I top up 4k when I booked before MAS relax rule. Coe shoot up to 50+k so LLST loh. SE still ask me book before price increase, end up also top up to match latest pricing LLST. Bo Bian car scraped so pay and forget.

Depends on the buyer. If buyer like you bo bian and have an existing car waiting to scrap, even AD ask you to top up surely will pay lo. Lol. But for some customer really when get piss off, they might ''blacklist'' that AD. 

Maybe your friend pay quite a high price for his honda, although it is non guaranteed package and yet still able to get his coe so fast?! I believe those who cannot get their coe on their non guaranteed package, these people should have pay a further discounted price.

Kah motor is selling his car at $99999. No further discount plus a bit of standard freebie. The only assurance he got that they will deliver his new car before his current ride due to scrap in early Nov. Currently the selling price is still the same compared to the Oct pricing
  • Praise 1

Kah motor is selling his car at $99999. No further discount plus a bit of standard freebie. The only assurance he got that they will deliver his new car before his current ride due to scrap in early Nov. Currently the selling price is still the same compared to the Oct pricing

Wa, paid $99999 with no further discount, no wonder even with non guaranteed package, confirmed can get coe very fast la. Lol.

Agree. There's too much generalisations made by various posters here! They wrongly assume that ALL ADs will act in the same direction re pricing!

To remain competitive and be able to move their cars, different ADs will need to apply different sales tactics.

For the hot-selling brands the ADs can maintain price, or even up the price to guarantee COEs, to seal deals.

But for the slow-moving B&B brands and end-of-life (EOL) models like the Lancer EX, the AD has no choice but to drop price, in order to attract a few sales!

Otherwise, who in their right mind, will part with the same $$ to get an out-going, older EOL model ... unless it is to become a classic?

Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

Thought the Lancer EX now is consider new model? Last time was 1.5L right, and now is 1.6L?!

The current 1.6 EX model was launched about 6 years ago in 2010, after the demise of the 1.5 CS3 Lancer.

About a year or so thereafter, C&C stopped selling Mitsubishi cars (assigning it to its sister company - distributing Hino commercial vehicles) ... only to relinquish the brand back to its fold recently.

↡ Advertisement