COE Bidding – 1st Round of November 2016

Carbon82

Thought the Lancer EX now is consider new model? Last time was 1.5L right, and now is 1.6L?!

Change engine only not new model lah.

For example

Merc C Class - W204 change so many engines ... 1.8 Supercharged to 1.6 Supercharged to 1.8 Turbo back to 1.6 Supercharged and to 1.6 Turbo. At least 5 different engines but still same model.

Edited by Civic6228
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I guess, Cat A is 48-51k. Cat B 50-53k.

OK, exact number is A - 50k, B - 51k.

You also guess the coe for Cat A would come down in tomorrow coe? Really unbelievable. Lol.

The current 1.6 EX model was launched about 6 years ago in 2010, after the demise of the 1.5 CS3 Lancer.

About a year or so thereafter, C&C stopped selling Mitsubishi cars (assigning it to its sister company - distributing Hino commercial vehicles) ... only to relinquish the brand back to its fold recently.

Didnt know the 1.6L lancer already launched 6 years ago?! Although this lancer seems a bit outdated model, but i sat in one before, not a bad ride lo.

Didnt know the 1.6L lancer already launched 6 years ago?! Although this lancer seems a bit outdated model, but i sat in one before, not a bad ride lo.

My son crashed his CS3 Lancer back then, and was provided a courtesy car - the then-new Lancer EX to drive.

I had thus driven both and thought that the CS3 handled better (being a smaller car, with a shorter wheelbase), albeit with a less powerful, older engine.

But both Mits were still 'floaty' lah ... until he changed to the KIA Rio HB. A world of difference re handling, especially around bends!

Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

The current 1.6 EX model was launched about 6 years ago in 2010, after the demise of the 1.5 CS3 Lancer.

About a year or so thereafter, C&C stopped selling Mitsubishi cars (assigning it to its sister company - distributing Hino commercial vehicles) ... only to relinquish the brand back to its fold recently.

If I not wrong C&C that time gave up mitsubishi to Fulco because they want to concentrate selling citroen cars which they took over the distributorship during that time. I went down to Fulco to view their CS3 1.6, there is no CS3 1.5 as you mentioned. I only know sg last time have CS2 which has a 1.5 GDI engine ard year 2001.

Fulco is C&C's dealer & they nv sell any hino trucks. Hino trucks belongs to Toyota & it is only sold by Borneo motors or sin tien seng.

• Praise 1

U mean black tape cover up 'LCR'?

Not sure le ... so many paste with black tape at the bottom of the number plate ? Is it a trend now ?

Not sure le ... so many paste with black tape at the bottom of the number plate ? Is it a trend now ?

There is no definite way of identifying a Grab or Uber car but having LCR at the bottom of the number plate is almost a giveaway.

Personally... I think there is an element of "paiseh-ness" to let others know that it is a rental car instead of personal car. :blink:  

• Praise 1

There is no definite way of identifying a Grab or Uber car but having LCR at the bottom of the number plate is almost a giveaway.

Personally... I think there is an element of "paiseh-ness" to let others know that it is a rental car instead of personal car. :blink:

Right hand driver side those GPS/phone tablet. (I don't know what).

Passenger in rear and not in front.

The most important drive like the traditional taxi..Cheong here..Cheong there.

Edited by Kopites

Right hand driver side those GPS/phone tablet. (I don't know what).

Passenger in rear and not in front.

The most important drive like the traditional taxi..Cheong here..Cheong there.

I'm already starting to cultivate a dislike for Attrages and Vezels. The LCR drivers suck especially those younger one.
  • Praise 1

all about face value.. no money to buy just admit no money.. nothing to be shy.. and nothing wrong..why need to do that ... same last time ppl harrier to put lexus logo..why do that... 

less than 20 hours away before bidding ends, my guess is CAT A 48k, CAT B 51k.

Seems like many people quite optimistic in today coe, all guess drop or maintain the same for Cat A?  :o

Now still can paste to cover .... I think next year all private hire cars compulsory to paste a decal right ?