Cab passenger pay part of damages in accident

Donut

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/cab-passenger-pays-part-of-the-bill-for-damage-in-crash

This is a very interesting topic to discuss.

If a cab passenger cause an accident, he will be liable to pay for damages

Anyway, this passenger, Amanda Tng, is partly at fault, to open the door at right side. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Looks lìke fair enough that the cab passenger pay part of damages, since she was the one who causes the accident?! I think many people never look before they open their car door, esp those who parked along road side, and just swing open the door! Many times i see also scare.

• Praise 1

The taxi insurer would have insurance for their passengers ... would this be covered by it?

If not, passenger no money how? Driver got insurance so passenger will need insurance too?

The taxi insurer would have insurance for their passengers ... would this be covered by it?

If not, passenger no money how? Driver got insurance so passenger will need insurance too?

Got insurance. But the insurance company don't wan to be 100% liable. So they make the passenger co-pay lor

Hehe. She should check if she has personal liability insurance or not. Claim back to her insurance coy.

But I doubt they will pay up in this case because she agreed to the settlement and they didn't get a chance to defend the claim.

Twincharged

Nope. Taxi insurance is for injury only. So the passenger has to pay in this case. The car's insurer will payout to the owner first then claim back from the passenger lo.

• Praise 2

The passenger should be 100% liable.

A driver is only liable for HIS negligence, not that of his passengers. The motor insurance also only covers HIS negligence, not that of his passengers. This is settled law long long already.

There are probably other issues not being reported here. If not, she got off lightly.

Ms Tng denied the claims in court papers filed, pointing out she did not open the door suddenly and the Travex driver should have seen the cab as he was pulling into the driveway.

Push here push there :a-no:

• Praise 1

Looks lìke fair enough that the cab passenger pay part of damages, since she was the one who causes the accident?! I think many people never look before they open their car door, esp those who parked along road side, and just swing open the door! Many times i see also scare.

I always make it a point to alight from the left side and keep a look out even if I boarded a taxi on the right side. Can I say drivers are more careful?

• Praise 3

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/cab-passenger-pays-part-of-the-bill-for-damage-in-crash

This is a very interesting topic to discuss.

If a cab passenger cause an accident, he will be liable to pay for damages

Anyway, this passenger, Amanda Tng, is partly at fault, to open the door at right side. 

Not so easy.

What happened if the passenger is foreigner on business trip or tourist?

Company or hotel liable?

My case was the taxi driver insurance bear the both repair cost and lost of income for taxi driver.

This is just terrible.

How can they do this.

If taxi passengers have to pay they will check

and not simply just open the door and hit a car.

:D

• Praise 2

Not so easy.

What happened if the passenger is foreigner on business trip or tourist?

Company or hotel liable?

My case was the taxi driver insurance bear the both repair cost and lost of income for taxi driver.

Very good point, is like u accident with Malaysia car or worse Thailand car in Singapore !!! Most of the time suck thumb pay for own repair

↡ Advertisement