Why Car Makers Don't Make Indicator Switch to be Button?

alikato

How to accout for those with kuku bird brain .... :huh:

Pray hard, hopefully other car driver's brain works haha

Jaguar's one I love most. Knob that rise up from the centre console. Kept when the engine is off

One day start engine, mechanism fail, never pop out transimission knob haha

Walao, ur idea better than mine.. Im just curious why still use the signal stick lah, use button more sleek looking also..

Let's say manufacturers make the signal stalk to buttons and locate them on the steering wheel, when you turn the steering 180 degrees around, left signal becomes right, operating the signal will be confusing and that was what was demonstrated by a journalist in a Ferrari. Eventually based on most of our "lazy-to-use" signal habit when it is just a finger lift away or tap the stalk once and blink 3 times function signal, whichever way you do it, people won't cultivate to use it, will still refuse to use it unless like one mention, make it auto.

Edited by Heartbreakid

drive F1 car no need signal one :D

Huh?? F1 car got no signal lights??

How LTA approve them for racing on road

..... ok ok ok.... F1 is bigger than LTA  

Mercedes already started to shift their gear selectors from the centre console already...

attachicon.gif2014-Mercedes-Benz-CLA250-gear-shift.jpg

Good or bad I guess it is a matter of getting use to... But it does free up valuable estate in the centre console for cup holders and infotainment control.

to me i find it good as i am driving one. allow u to keep your hands on the steering and very convenient

Jaguar's one I love most. Knob that rise up from the centre console. Kept when the engine is off

haha what is kana jam cannot come up when on engine? cool but not practical.. the knob turning is ok but raising up i have fear it jam.

This one lagi best! No need to use leg to accelerate.

Your Creater gave you legs and hands to use. Use them with gratitude.

If I'm not wrong, this car is modified for handicapped person.. And it's subjected to LTA approval..

If I'm not wrong, this car is modified for handicapped person.. And it's subjected to LTA approval..

bro.. it has been years .. all mercedes now the gear change is a stick on the steering column.. what modify for handicap... u mean we all handicup hahahaha?

To answer your question

The signal stalk allows you to flick the signal both ways using only your fingers while you hand is still holding the steering. It can be accomplished with just one hand. Its can be done without looking at stalk so your eyes is on the road.

Also, Do take note there are still manual cars where you are required to work you left hand to change gears. The signal stalk is a perfected design from 120 years of automobile engineering.

It's also to allow driver to drive the car without relearning as signalling is the fundamental of driving, just like the steering wheel and pedals.

Having 2 buttons regardless both at each side of together at one side will make you clumsy and prone to pressing the wrong one.

Touchscreen is out of question cos we already have problem controlling my music while driving let alone switching indicators.

Now that I answer your question, Enjoy your school holidays... :)

The answer is Progress  [laugh]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2016/09/16/apple-iphone-headphone-jack/#7cbef13d3019

I think quite a few of mpvs comes with gear shift lever stick at the front dash area already.

But for a passenger car to have no gear shift stick, start with jaguar/landrovers with their rotary dial gear selector... Followed by the Mercedes' steering column stalk position.

To encourage the female passenger to play with the driver's stick  [laugh]

Supercharged

should use bluetooth to connect the brain

so will auto signal, high beam, honk and wash windscreen without using hand

Technically possible, but car may cost additional few thousands more.

Based on current technology, there may only have two options for the brain interface:

(1) One time surgical implant

OR

(2) Wear a brain wave sensing harness every time one gets into the car.

I'll opt for the KISS solution (i.e. stick with the stick)

• Praise 1

When I stayed in Australia last time, it is an offence for not switching on headlights be it you forgot or any excuses. I was given warning and they took my Tasmanian driving licence to record. And not signaling is also an offence. They like to catch those who never signal at roundabouts too.

SG TP should do that too.

Edited by yokechye

When I stayed in Australia last time, it is an offence for not switching on headlights be it you forgot or any excuses. I was given warning and they took my Tasmanian driving licence to record. And not signaling is also an offence. They like to catch those who never signal at roundabouts too.

SG TP should do that too.

i agree...they should do this here too

that night i saw 5 cars who did not have their heaalights on and it was already 8pm...

↡ Advertisement