COE Bidding - 2nd Round of November 2016

wdldalian

Actually COE has been filtering downwards. Just take a look at the PQP to have a rough gauge. Long term perspective rather than short fluctuation. It's a matter of how long you want to wait. For me the best time to buy is likely by end of this coming year.

Cat A

Jan 2014: 76109

June 2014: 71672

Jan 2015: 65607

June 2015: 66107

Jan 2016: 56633

Nov 2016: 51641

2017: ????

This time is confirm down. You see the consistent bulls also go into silence this time.

Thing is next one in Dec is up or down. Maybe UG come in jitao whack 2000 cars.

Edited by Rooney3
↡ Advertisement

Hopefully it can drop further till 40k quota level and stop. so that when drought season arrive, more quota can be release and we won't be seeing quota less than 40k level like decade ago

I did that base on yr same mentally a decade ago which realize is a mistake.

Typically you wont get better deal after CNY as during CNY dealer give CNY discount, promotion.

Unlikely, 'cos when it drops to below $50K levels, people start GRABbing cars and inevitably , push COE prices to above $50K

The problem is every car buyer has the same thoughts as you, so all will flock in to buy at the same time and push COE prices up, above $50K. Gong Xi Gong Xi  [laugh]

And if you visit the Motor Show in Jan, the car sales persons will poison you with their threatening  sales pitch, ".... COE prices is expected to go up next quarter, as quota will be reduced. Better to buy now when prices are low and got promo." What would you do?  :D

When coe drop 5k,existing buyer(soon to be owner) will piss-off but at least they will get coe for sure.

Dealer adjust price down 2.5k cos predict next round coe will up.

New buyers rush in to book.Showroom pack.

Next round coe will go up.Those who book guarantee will get since they are paying extra 3 to 5k which is the same price for their car as before coe drop.Those who book non-guarantee will ask to top-up and mostly 80% of the buyer will top-up.So in the end sales can close.Both party happy.

Only a few lucky one without top-up can get maybe they never ask for more disount,more freeies.lousy trade-in price for their old car etc.

This is just a repeat cycle.

• Praise 1

When coe drop 5k,existing buyer(soon to be owner) will piss-off but at least they will get coe for sure.

Dealer adjust price down 2.5k cos predict next round coe will up.

New buyers rush in to book.Showroom pack.

Next round coe will go up.Those who book guarantee will get since they are paying extra 3 to 5k which is the same price for their car as before coe drop.Those who book non-guarantee will ask to top-up and mostly 80% of the buyer will top-up.So in the end sales can close.Both party happy.

Only a few lucky one without top-up can get maybe they never ask for more disount,more freeies.lousy trade-in price for their old car etc.

This is just a repeat cycle.

Well said!  [thumbsup]

You just hit the bull's eye. 

Must be an old hand in this  [laugh]

Well said!  [thumbsup]

You just hit the bull's eye. 

Must be an old hand in this  [laugh]

Coe will drop but it will bounce back very quickly.

There are also those soon to be first-time car owners interested in car like my daughter boyfriend.

Coe is limited supply.

If old timer like me and you guys don't give-up driving,how coe going to drop?

Haha,cheers bro!

• Praise 1

New buyer + old buyer continue to buy VS poor buyer + old buyer decided to give up or retire analoygy will alway be there. Why can't just let them normalize each other aka be constant in the equation?

However, a fact that all of us can't deny is after 2013, we are seeing coe price decreasing year after  year

Coe will drop but it will bounce back very quickly.

There are also those soon to be first-time car owners interested in car like my daughter boyfriend.

Coe is limited supply.

If old timer like me and you guys don't give-up driving,how coe going to drop?

Haha,cheers bro!

New buyer + old buyer continue to buy VS poor buyer + old buyer decided to give up or retire analoygy will alway be there. Why can't just let them normalize each other aka be constant in the equation?

However, a fact that all of us can't deny is after 2013, we are seeing coe price decreasing year after  year

Coe is decreasing that is the fact since gov got the intention to cut from now growth rate of 0.25% to 0%.

Those owners who scrap their car will most probably buy another car.Just look around your neighbours,colleage,relative and friends around you,how many of them stop driving?

More coe is old coe available in the market.Old coe for old drivers,then new drivers how?

They got to flight coe with old drivers like me since coe is limited,right?

Edited by Sktan10
  • Praise 1

Yeah ppl usually dun stop driving. Only see ppl giving up their second or third family car. Cars that they bought when coe was cheap.

Probably need some inputs from retirees. Coe so high will u still drive or take taxi.

Coe is decreasing that is the fact since gov got the intention to cut from now growth rate of 0.25% to 0%.

Those owners who scrap their car will most probably buy another car.Just look around your neighbours,colleage,relative and friends around you,how many of them stop driving?

More coe is old coe available in the market.Old coe for old drivers,then new drivers how?

They got to flight coe with old drivers like me since coe is limited,right?

I do have a lot of friends/colleague who stop driving. I think easily more than 10 of them 

I do have a lot of friends/colleague who stop driving. I think easily more than 10 of them 

But also more than 10 people take up driving?! Lol.

They might end up taking private taxi (Grab/Uber), fueling demand, and the car rental companies will bid for more COEs. So COE might still remain high.

Edited by Vinceng

They stop driving but once coe drop,they are the one who push up coe again.

But also more than 10 people take up driving?! Lol.

Yap. Was at a car audio shop over a couple of days.... everyday easily see 4 to 5 LCR ride go there zhng their ride.... like that COE how to drop...  [lipsrsealed]  [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement