Help! Looking for a Reliable Licensed Private Investigator

F1enthusiast

Dear Forumers

My friend urgently needs to hire a private investigator (PI) whom is reliable, honest and efficient in the surveillance work. PI may need to attend court

Assignment - collect evidences against inconsiderate neighbour. Neighbour has been "torturing" friend's household for years with secondhand smoke, etc. As parents getting weak by the day, friend tried suggesting to neigbhour to smoke at the common staircase landing, etc. instead. Neighbour denied anyone has smoking habit in their house. However, from then onward, neighbour becomes "creative" and smoke through any open windows of friend's house at odd hours of the day eg. bathroom when someone is bathing, bedroom during wee hours of the night... Friend also exhausted all relevant government agencies to arrive at the same advice - get evidences!

If anyone has experience or knows of a licensed PI whom fulfills the above-mentioned criteria and charges reasonably, please pm me the contacts. Friend wary of engaging PI from the web or classified ads as no slightest idea on how to shortlist a good one. Would also appreciate constructive suggestions on how to resolve the nuisances caused, how to select a reliable PI, etc. Kindly do not suggest closing all windows, move house.

Thanks lots!

↡ Advertisement

Dear Forumers

My friend urgently needs to hire a private investigator (PI) whom is reliable, honest and efficient in the surveillance work. PI may need to attend court

Assignment - collect evidences against inconsiderate neighbour. Neighbour has been "torturing" friend's household for years with secondhand smoke, etc. As parents getting weak by the day, friend tried suggesting to neigbhour to smoke at the common staircase landing, etc. instead. Neighbour denied anyone has smoking habit in their house. However, from then onward, neighbour becomes "creative" and smoke through any open windows of friend's house at odd hours of the day eg. bathroom when someone is bathing, bedroom during wee hours of the night... Friend also exhausted all relevant government agencies to arrive at the same advice - get evidences!

If anyone has experience or knows of a licensed PI whom fulfills the above-mentioned criteria and charges reasonably, please pm me the contacts. Friend wary of engaging PI from the web or classified ads as no slightest idea on how to shortlist a good one. Would also appreciate constructive suggestions on how to resolve the nuisances caused, how to select a reliable PI, etc. Kindly do not suggest closing all windows, move house.

Thanks lots!

Hire PI to get evidence neigbhour is smoking??? [dizzy] [dizzy]

• Praise 1

Smoking at home an offence? Not that I am aware of. What can any evidences do? Which lawyer advised on this?

Smoking in the common staircase is an offence in today's laws. Don't be obstinate for the old folks' sake. Close the window to avoid smoke if can't get the neighbour's cooperation. Seek the understanding from neighbour sincerely.

what can the evident do even if they were true?

so what you wanna do with the evidence?

i doubt hdb or your MP will give a f**k about it.

probably at most ask you to go for mediation nia

I believe HDB can do something, whether they wanna do it is another matter. furthermore its them (govt) who asked for evidence ...... 

Put camera la.

good suggestion. Definitely cheaperer than hiring PI 

Smoking at home an offence? Not that I am aware of. What can any evidences do? Which lawyer advised on this?

Smoking in the common staircase is an offence in today's laws. Don't be obstinate for the old folks' sake. Close the window to avoid smoke if can't get the neighbour's cooperation. Seek the understanding from neighbour sincerely.

eh, read again lah  [smash]

Edited by Othello

It's creative to think the wind is there always to blow the smoke in the direction into the inside of above unit maciam 诸葛亮 LOL.

Such neighborhood dispute need both parties to resolve amicably. Stubbornness all will suffer, no winner. Like my lawyer friend said, the legal industry thanks ppl with principles and their contributions of legal fees. Hahaha ...

Go get PI to collect evidences, your choice.

• Praise 2

File a magistrate complaint

Go sumpah pay $20 then police call

You can press charges or go mediation

Capture evidence first n get a CCTV installed( thot town council can offer their CCTV) as you would need it in event he plays punk

After you file complaint

• Praise 5

CDRT requires evidence/s. Otherwise, no case.

so what you wanna do with the evidence?

i doubt hdb or your MP will give a f**k about it.

probably at most ask you to go for mediation nia

Friend sought MP's help. MP said no use talking as neighbour seems intentional and will repeat after lying low for a while. TC pushed to HDB. HDB pushed to CDRT. CDRT advised don't waste $$ if no evidence/s. Tried filing a report with Police. Police not willing but no choice after hearing MP advised so. However, it is just another record in Police's system.

Would appreciate advice where to install CCTV cameras when neigbhour's unit above friend's.

Thanks!

File a magistrate complaint

Go sumpah pay $20 then police call

You can press charges or go mediation

Capture evidence first n get a CCTV installed( thot town council can offer their CCTV) as you would need it in event he plays punk
After you file complaint

Bathroom windows sealed -> algae growing on wall and ceiling already. Kitchen windows closed when cooking -> guess gas accumulating inside house now. As elderly parent suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, hence, bedroom windows did not shut with aircon on. So, both parents breathing in secondhand smoke, etc. during sleep.

If neighbour is understanding, he should lock himself inside the storeroom and indulge in the smoke himself instead of standing at the windows and blowing secondhand smoke into other's house.

Edited by F1enthusiast
  • Praise 1

Why don't u just ask someone from the opposite block to install a camera permantly facing ur corridor??

Then tell ur neighbor abt it.. shld scare him enough to stop.

But u cannot stop him from smoking in his house.. inconsiderate he maybe.. u can't infringe on his right

Edited by SuPerBoRed
  • Praise 2

Friend sought MP's help. MP said no use talking as neighbour seems intentional and will repeat after lying low for a while. TC pushed to HDB. HDB pushed to CDRT. CDRT advised don't waste $$ if no evidence/s. Tried filing a report with Police. Police not willing but no choice after hearing MP advised so. However, it is just another record in Police's system.

Would appreciate advice where to install CCTV cameras when neigbhour's unit above friend's.

Thanks!

if the neighbour unit is above your friend then how the heck smoke get in?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2