Singapore dropping F1..... tips welcome formula E

D3badge

Go sell durians bro. Work hard for few months then the rest of the year it's the off season...haha.

Durian now all season. Go GL ask.

I reckon rambutans better suggestion. Work 3months rest 9months

dun bluff, you sure got free tickets one <_<

I remembered the first 2 years I watched F1 with my wife. We got free tickets for practice and actual race and for someone who didn't watch racing live before we were shocked that it was so loud. And it can be really boring waiting for cars to drive past. 

wtf...i still saving up to attend just one time in my life and they are talking about dropping it already?

:D

Your 700k roast duck/goose face must be taking the piss out of all of us. :D

If not, I really feel bad for having free tickets to the first Sg GP and not bothering to go. :D :D

Your 700k roast duck/goose face must be taking the piss out of all of us. :D

If not, I really feel bad for having free tickets to the first Sg GP and not bothering to go. :D :D

as can clearly be seen from your post and others before...this F1 event is definitely for the rich and elite

these people get free tickets and don't go while peasants like me slog to try to afford a single ticket

i rest my case

as can clearly be seen from your post and others before...this F1 event is definitely for the rich and elite

these people get free tickets and don't go while peasants like me slog to try to afford a single ticket

i rest my case

u go sit one corner and listen to music with yoru beloved @pinobii

• Praise 2

Rambutans can't earn much la.

I know Rambo can earn though...haha.

Those are crap lulian.

I know durian farmer who only works during the season, which 3 mths.

The remaining 9 mths go scuba diving.

Hey, the old crow is singing a different tune today, no more bus interchange talk.  His boy friend up north also want to say goodbye.

We should demand F1 pay us USD 63M to host them.  We are here to help lor ....

• Praise 1

the old fart thinks he is the "f1 supremo" that everyone must kowtow to

he has not met fatty kim supreme leader yet ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

All these ideas are great, we should assess and bring in if they are innovation and fun !

I think Formula One is nice, but need to keep the $38 Walkabout ticket & concert with Asian stars, as is a good price for a good Friday night of fun ...

But have to see if the other F1 teams can come up with more innovative engines to challenge Mercedes ...

with Turbo-Hybrid technologies, boosting a 1.6 engine (same capacity as a typical road engine) for racing, it could eventually benefit automobiles to be more powerful & fuel-efficient !  [;)]

the returns only benefited a very niche business and small groups

years after years ... the retail and F&B already given feedbacck that F1 did not drive their business upward ... may be a little spike and only to selected group

Remember that hotels around the area got 30% tax during the F1 period. So they definitely still earn some way or another.

I think I read somewhere before that although Singapore pays a lot for F1, it is actually the most profitable race on the calendar. I think it's more to do with the inflated prices than anything.

Edited by Benarsenal

Remember that hotels around the area got 30% tax during the F1 period. So they definitely still earn some way or another.

I think I read somewhere before that although Singapore pays a lot for F1, it is actually the most profitable race on the calendar. I think it's more to do with the inflated prices than anything.

profitable for whom?

is it a case of public funds, private profit?

when you sing the old song day in day out, who really listen? Novelty gone and it is not only too distruptive to business, it is also not environmentally friendly.

F1 the only way to sell Singapore? sound like a big joke.

You can say that Gov is indirectly paying and subsidizing the hotel.

i thought there were additional tax on hotel during F1 period?

↡ Advertisement