• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
88 replies to this topic | 250 praises

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

Xjapan
  • Premium member
    Xjapan
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi everyone, i am looking for japanese cars with spacious rear seats, enough for 2 child seats + 1 adult. 

any cars spacious enough?

Or are there any particular child seats which offer good protection for the kids and at the same time not very bulky?

Thanks for all constructive inputs!

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:19 AM

Acewin
  • Acewin
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi everyone, i am looking for japanese cars with spacious rear seats, enough for 2 child seats + 1 adult. 

Or are there any particular child seats which offer good protection for the kids and at the same time not very bulky?

Nissan Latio or Sylphy.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:22 AM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Alphard

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:24 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

elgrand very spacious.

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:40 AM

Andomia
  • Andomia
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Nissan Slyphy or Toyota Altis if you are looking for a basic sedan. 

For Slyphy, note that rear seat is not collapsible for a bigger car boot space. 

For infant car seat, i chose nuna rebl. it has anti-rebound bar and the extra support leg placed onto the car floor for extra stability/safety protection. I have not used it yet but it doesn't look bulky. Hope this helps. 

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:08 PM

Xjapan
  • Premium member
    Xjapan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

thanks for the inputs so far, forgot to mention, let's exclude 6-8 seaters for now..

Nissan Slyphy or Toyota Altis if you are looking for a basic sedan. 

For Slyphy, note that rear seat is not collapsible for a bigger car boot space. 

For infant car seat, i chose nuna rebl. it has anti-rebound bar and the extra support leg placed onto the car floor for extra stability/safety protection. I have not used it yet but it doesn't look bulky. Hope this helps. 

Thanks for your input. yes i am considering the toyota altis, just not sure if there is enough space for the adult to sit in the centre of the 2 child seats..

I will look into nuna rebi. Thanks!

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    Author Image

HRV has good rear space.
For safety and space, the Merc b class is even better if you can go beyond Jap makes.
One of the safest cars in its class.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

taxi always have very spacious backseat, they just push the front seat all the way to the front   [laugh]  [laugh]

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

Zafira18
  • Zafira18
    4th Gear
    Author Image

take a look picasso....the 3 individual seat will solve your problem with good passenger protection....and lots of space for pram..

Axela72 praised this

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Important question, are you and your spouse tall? If above 1.8m, some choices will not be suitable.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for your input. yes i am considering the toyota altis, just not sure if there is enough space for the adult to sit in the centre of the 2 child seats..

Only a very skinny person can fit between 2 child seats.. and how to climb into the middle?

Volvobrick praised this
iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

Civic6228
  • Premium member
    Civic6228
    Supercharged
    Author Image

take a look picasso....the 3 individual seat will solve your problem with good passenger protection....and lots of space for pram..

TS asking for opinion for Japs lah.

Dear TS,

My suggestion is for you to go to the showroom and have a physical look at the car. If you ask me, I would suggest a MPV if you need to put 2 child seats in the back. Usual suspect for Japs MPV .... Wish, Mazda 5 etc etc.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

Winningeleven
  • Winningeleven
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Honda shuttle?

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Toyota Altis or Camry ... no horse run ... i SAY one ...
all the honda, nissan, mazda with similar pricing or category can go sit 1 corner when comparing rear space and comfy seat

Edited by Wt_know, 21 November 2016 - 01:07 PM.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Toyota Altis or Camry ... no horse run ... i SAY one ...
all the honda, nissan, mazda with sikilar pricing or category can go sit 1 corner when comparing rear space and comfy seat

Nissan Teana?  

[laugh]

Edited by Mason016, 21 November 2016 - 01:02 PM.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:06 PM

Jq1988
  • Premium member
    Jq1988
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

aiya, only 7 series is the best...like playground

Japanese girl is awesome!

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

aiya, only 7 series is the best...like playground

behind can only sit 2 person and the seat is sibei hard !
the centre hump sibei big
camry rear seat can sit lotus style ... try on a 7-series ... lol

Edited by Wt_know, 21 November 2016 - 01:09 PM.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

therock
  • therock
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yeah Picasso if Conti fits.
Toyota Wish or honda jade is nice too.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:34 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dunno tall or short, fat or skinny.

I would say the current Altis has good & spacious rear legroom.

Child Seats that don't take up too much space is the Maxi-Cosi Rodi.

Just go to the Baby Hyperstore at Kaki Bukit to browse. I go this model there. It's not isofix so you can shift a bit here and there. With isofix not much shifting you can do. I'm like you... want compact child seats that do not take up too much space.

Maxi_Cosi_Rodi_SPS_Car_Seat_Stone_A_SS_2

Still2016 praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

Kenmaine1008
  • Premium member
    Kenmaine1008
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

ts looking at new or used cars?

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: rear seat , backseat , spacious , backseats

Tags: rear seat, backseat, spacious and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users