Indian buyer say door cannot face west?

LPPL

Indian home buyers are usually against buying properties with the main door facing west, anyone encountered such buyers?

↡ Advertisement

Your door face west or east?

Tell him your door is facing east when entering lah. Simple.

Add another 5K to the price for East facing door. [thumbsup]

The buyer say stand in the unit lookout of the door cannot face any west. As a non believer of geomancy, won't make any sense to me.

It's the Vastu shastra thing lah. Much like the Chinese Fengshui.

http://www.vastushastraguru.com/west-facing-house-vastu/

You might have heard from many people – I can call them ill-informed people – that living in a South direction property is bad or living in a West facing one is always going to invite troubles in life etc. but that’s not the case.

Here, I must tell you that vastu shastra never claims that North is a good direction to orient a home and West is bad. In fact, as per vastu shastra, all the directions are equally good to orient a house. However, the thing that makes or breaks vastu for a house is the location of the entrance or main door of the house.

That’s the reason why for each and every direction – be it North, East, South or West – vastu shastra has got rules and principles for locating the entrance of the house.

Now, since we’re dealing with West facing houses, let’s have a look at vastu for West facing house.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 7

Have encountered several such people recently trying to self-rent out a property.

They will come up with anything just to force your price, especially those of a certain group which I will not specify here.

Main thing is be rational about what you are offering and what price you are getting - every property has some kind of weaknesses, focus on the sincere buyers and those who can appreciate its strengths.

• Praise 5

Tell him you come home face East good what?

Go out face west, also good what?

Add 5K more to the price to make it more attractive and prestigious. 

Sometimes it's because you priced too low. Low attracts low ballers.

Anyway, he already made up his mind it's bad and there's nothing you can move your door. Next better buyer please.

The buyer say stand in the unit lookout of the door cannot face any west. As a non believer of geomancy, won't make any sense to me.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 3

It's the Vastu shastra thing lah. Much like the Chinese Fengshui.

http://www.vastushastraguru.com/west-facing-house-vastu/

My door not facing direct west, it is north west. If the buyer likes my place but very particular about door orientation, can tilt the door to face north, construct another door inside facing north or use mirrors to correct lor.

Sometimes i see people choose auspicious date to get married end up divorce after few years. I married during ghost month and happily married for almost 20 years liao.

• Praise 4

Tell him you come home face East good what?

Go out face west, also good what?

Add 5K more to the price to make it more attractive and prestigious.

Sometimes it's because you priced too low. Low attracts low ballers.

Anyway, he already made up his mind it's bad and there's nothing you can move your door. Next better buyer please.

The market flooded with low ballers and opportunistic buyers now.

Indian home buyers are usually against buying properties with the main door facing west, anyone encountered such buyers?

Yes, it's a big thing for traditional Hindus.

No sillier than the Chinese belief in geomancy (feng shui) and numerology.

And judging by the number of Chinese owned businesses that undertake expensive reno on the advice of a geomancer, and the number of "nice" plates I see on my daily commute, I'd say superstition is big business in Singapore. :D

• Praise 3

Darn. This is sad. I didn't even bother to check which direction my door faces when I bought my home. There goes the resale value....

Yes, it's a big thing for traditional Hindus.

No sillier than the Chinese belief in geomancy (feng shui) and numerology.

And judging by the number of Chinese owned businesses that undertake expensive reno on the advice of a geomancer, and the number of "nice" plates I see on my daily commute, I'd say superstition is big business in Singapore. :D

Any other house buying common beliefs from Hindus to share?

Interesting

As with all things - Beauty (or value) is in the eye of the beholder. There will be all kinds of buyers, from the low-ballers to the more cin-cai anything-goes types. Each one has their own belief system, superstitions, preferences and quirks. 

From my experience, geomancy-centred buyers will be the most extreme - If anything doesn't suit their charted alignments, it's a no; or if it does - You have an extremely keen buyer and great bargaining power over them because inherently their choices for units are extremely limited. 

There are of course the dollar-counters. They are keen on the unit but will always haggle about the price and try every means to press it down. Sometimes they will press and fight over the smallest amount (My record is $112 - Just die die wanted to round down from a fixed figure to an -888 amount) and think that you desperately need them to buy your unit. They will scrutinise and try to point out every fault to press the price. Very tiring and time-consuming dealing with these so usually, even your agent will play hardball with them.

On the other side of the coins there are also those who really appreciate and like the place for what it is and will just offer based on your asking price. This is probably everybody's preferred type of buyer. Sometimes how tastefully you renovate your home or putting some effort into doing some spruce-up before marketing can make this difference. I was quite blessed to have encountered such a buyer once before. 

However, price is only but one aspect of dealing and its not all about the money - Sometimes I feel one has to give-and-take and look for win-win also. Because before you can deal, you also have to take into consideration other factors like how much time you need before moving out and handing over to the buyer, while giving the latter adequate time to renovate etc. Likewise for yourself if you are moving to a new place. 

• Praise 1

doesn't matter which direction the door is facing, more important is to have good neighbors :D

ok good fengshui also must have cos it will bring you fortune and you can move to landed :D

I had one Indian also like that too and just because the door was like only a few degrees out (agent used with a compass from smart phone) it was no deal and another one - Angmo 'cos my unit was #XX-13 again no deal, damn teruk lah the market now; When the market it bad every tenant seems to remember God more often now. Low Ballers are ruling the market now, Ball is in their Courts now and will be for a long time too;     

• Praise 2

At the end of the day ... willing buyer/willing sellers.

When I was selling my parent's flat. This guy views the unit and said he don't like marble flooring .. the unit is not to his taste. At the end, he bought my parents unit at my price not his.

The buyer will come out with whatever reason to "hiam" the unit. I would do the same as well if I am buying,

for my parents in law house, the indian buyer likes it n straight away wanted to buy. bcos the storeroom direction is perfect for them to put their altar inside. they had plan to put the statue of their god in the storeroom, n swee swee it is in the direction they wanted. 

• Praise 1

Any other house buying common beliefs from Hindus to share?

Interesting

Haha, I don't know if I'm what you'd call a "traditional Hindu". It seems I might believe in S*tan more than anything else. [laugh]

But from what I understand from my mom, etc., another superstition is that you shouldn't buy a cul-de-sac house. Very bad luck. :D

Googling, I think cul-de-sacs have significance for feng shui as well. I have a feeling traditional Indian and Chinese culture share quite a few weird things lol.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2