SAF Terrex impounded by HK customs

Stooky

PRC govt knew about starlight long long ago. They even offered us to swap the location to Hainan.

So chill man, don't turn the thread into another PAP bashing thread.

True - China did offer SAF to hold training in Hainan.

Singapore gracefully rejected the offer, possibly to reduce US concern.

China long ago was aware LKY had a deal with Taiwan to conduct SAF ex there since the 1970s.

Yet, we don't get to hear China KPKB on this even-though Taiwan is legally part of China.

So how did Singapore manage to achieve this very unique chance to deploy troops in a Chinese province which others consider as a separate state ?

This 2015 China TV current affair forum deep dive into subject and exposing why China accepted LKY's decision:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

beddings?

couple months at Lot1, main floor event having beddings promos. the prices not attractive at all.

went into 1 shop on higher floor which has no customers. Walked in, saw bedsheet just what i needed, especially luv the plain colors

jin cheap (i think was $19 or something queen size, quite alot thread count, and for 12~14" thick mattress), bought 2 sets different solid colors to mix/match

even cheaper than the ones selling on main floor promo

There's quite a lot of difference in bedding materials. Cheap cloth is just cheap cloth.

While some are exorbitantly priced, yi fen qian yi fen huo. 

Edited by Lala81

There's quite a lot of difference in bedding materials. Cheap cloth is just cheap cloth.

While some are exorbitantly priced, yi fen qian yi fen huo.

Ya....too Atas prices I can't afford

Only budget below $30 for bedsheets as long material feel soft

• Praise 1

China flexing its muscle again? I hope it is just some cock up.

Just some cock up and misunderstanding on the shipper and HK authority. Why would China want to karjiao this kajang puteh thing?

It was unloaded onto HK port by mistake. Maybe the shipper needs to move them on shore before unloading other containers due to safety. Then before they got time to load them back on ship some one wants to score point and poh mata.

omg..cannot understand shop also must fight

beddings?

couple months at Lot1, main floor event having beddings promos. the prices not attractive at all.

went into 1 shop on higher floor which has no customers. Walked in, saw bedsheet just what i needed, especially luv the plain colors

jin cheap (i think was $19 or something queen size, quite alot thread count, and for 12~14" thick mattress), bought 2 sets different solid colors to mix/match

even cheaper than the ones selling on main floor promo

Also don't know why they were shouting, I passed by but didn't stop to hear

Crowded places sure got these kind of things happen de

Bought the $10 ones, not too bad, can use as base layer after mattress protector [:p]

No scare . no scare.

Still got pre and post Christmas, New Year and CNY sales coming up.

Keke....this one is super good, been looking forward to this one since the last Black Friday sale [laugh]

Agreed.

So far, China is superior in aircraft but their armour unit still depend on Russian models which 80% of them are heavy weight....... :slow:

This is their best opportunity to unmask a light weight fighting vehicles and make copies ... :secret-laugh:

don't think so man. There are tons disused us army equipment and vehicles out there sold to highest bidder from everywhere. making such copies has never been a problem for them.

Actually I'm quite worried about PRC not returning those Terrex to SG .... [sweatdrop]

Remember those UAV that crashed in Iran. China send their scientist and engineers to study it and now after few years, they are producing it and sell it to forces that does not have good ties with USA. Almost exact copy of UAV but lesser in electronic technologies but still can make a strike from the sky.....  :we-all-gonna-die:  

PRC are opportunist who will jump into it when given the chance to view the Terrex and make copies of it for their use & sales and at a cheaper price some more .... [lipsrsealed]

One question, SAF have 3 Landing Ship Tanks which does the shipping of military equipment to Taiwan for training. What happen and why not in use ? I remembered as my unit sailed on board one (Endurance) in 1978 to Taiwan from Bedok Jetty.

Another one of those 'cheaper' to farm out to private company thingy and compromised security ... :a-noway:

not to mention the US plane that do a force landing in china after accident.

it return in pcs after a few months lol.

but of course that is a totally different suitation .

SAF armoured vehicles seized in Hong Kong port, Mindef expects shipment to return to Singapore 'expeditiously'

It said in a statement that the Terrex vehicles and associated equipment used by the SAF for overseas training "was delayed at Hong Kong’s Kwai Chung Container Terminal, due to a request for routine inspections by the Hong Kong Customs authorities".

While the statement did not say how many armoured vehicles were seized, it said that no ammunition was onboard.

"Singapore authorities are providing relevant assistance to the Hong Kong Customs and expect the shipment to return to Singapore expeditiously," said the statement.

It added: "The Terrex ICVs were used by the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) in routine overseas training and shipped back via commercial means as with previous exercises." 

The SAF conducts overseas training in a dozen or so countries including the United States, Australia, Germany and India. It usually hires commercial shippers to transport military equipment to and from Singapore.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/9-saf-armoured-vehicles-seized-at-hong-kong-port

• Praise 1

Thot Taiwan now not on good terms with China, will it be seen that Singapore are supporting Taiwan with such military training? [sweatdrop]

This training has been around for many many years.

If China is just hearing about this, they can close down their intelligence service alrfy.

Supercharged

Prease lah, these APC so sibeh high tech / top secret and highly-prized by PRC meh?

Not even a bloody tank, talk wat "weapon system"?!

Say until got dragon got tiger...

A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) team is en route to Hong Kong in a bid to resolve the issue of nine armoured vehicles that were seized in the territory on Wednesday (23 Nov).

The Singapore Consulate General in Hong Kong will also provide assistance on the matter, said a Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) spokesman, who added that the vehicles are training platforms with no ammunition or sensitive equipment on board.

Nine Terrex Infantry Carrier Vehicles (ICV) were confiscated at the Kwai Chung Container Terminal. They had arrived on a vessel from Taiwan and were bound for the Republic.

The MINDEF spokesman revealed that American President Lines (APL) was contracted as the commercial shipping line to transport the Terrex ICVs and associated equipment to Singapore.

APL was required to comply with all regulations. This included the declaration of transported equipment in the ship’s cargo manifest, as well as obtaining the necessary permits required to transit through ports.

During the transit through Hong Kong, customs officials raised queries on whether the necessary permits and declarations by APL were in order, and in the process detained the Terrex ICVs.

APL officials are working with Hong Kong authorities to resolve the issue.

The MINDEF spokesman noted that all commercial shipping lines used by Singapore’s military are required to comply with stringent requirements for protection against theft and tampering of equipment during the shipment, in addition to applying for all relevant permits.

These requirements have worked well and there have been no incidents of losses, theft or tampering over the years, he said.

SAF will also review the circumstances of this incident and determine if added measures are required to prevent such occurrences.

Hehe.

If I am the Chinese authorities and I see the shipper as American president lines, I will also do a 100% check.

Anyway, apl was sold to the French right?