• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 18 praises

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:28 AM

jaspal81
  • Premium member
    jaspal81
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, I just bought a second hand 1 series BMW. I am puzzled because the steering wheel has a telephone button but I can't seem to activate the calling function or Bluetooth.

How do I check if I have Bluetooth?
Can I install it if I don't?

Any advice is appreciated.
Pinobii praised this

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:41 AM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, I just bought a second hand 1 series BMW. I am puzzled because the steering wheel has a telephone button but I can't seem to activate the calling function or Bluetooth.

How do I check if I have Bluetooth?
Can I install it if I don't?

Any advice is appreciated.

If there is a telephone button (on steering wheel or headunit), usually has bluetooth.

First must pair your phone to the car.

Try press the telephone button (keep on pressing), to set up the pairing process....the rest should be easy.

Otherwise, check and read your car manual and look out for the relevant section.

Other MCF members who owns similar BMW may advise you in detail.

Pinobii praised this

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:44 AM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Some may have the button but may not have the function. The button just dummy for show only.

Check your iDrive system. If there is 'Telephone' then there is Bluetooth.

Pinobii and alphard96 praised this

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Usually an Option for lower end model.

Fairlady.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:39 AM

jaspal81
  • Premium member
    jaspal81
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Some may have the button but may not have the function. The button just dummy for show only.

Mine is a 2011 model but doesn't come with I Drive. It has the telephone button on the steering wheel but nothing happens when I hold it down.

Does it mean I don't have Bluetooth? Can I add it on? How much will it cost?

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:44 AM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Mine is a 2011 model but doesn't come with I Drive. It has the telephone button on the steering wheel but nothing happens when I hold it down.

From one website - not sure if it apply to SG BMW

How to pair your phone to the BMW Bluetooth system

1) Press and hold the pairing button (NOT Steering Wheel button) with the ignition off.  While holding the button turn the ignition to the accessory position, (first position), keep holding the button for an additional 3 seconds, and let go.  The instrument cluster, radio or nav display will show the words Bluetooth Pairing.

ps: Benarsenal may be right, it may be a dummy (options not installed)

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:00 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Youtube no demo video?

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:02 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Youtube no demo video?

No comments

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

Ishiwgao
  • Premium member
    Ishiwgao
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

as what other bros say, the button may be dummy. when assembling car in factory they just use the same steering wheel for all cars, but only those with option installed then the button will be connected and functional. if your 2nd hand car originally dont have that option, then you cannot use.

alternatively, if you really really need bluetooth function, aftermarket options can always work. i'm not up to date with aftermarket bluetooth, but i had a friend who installed parrot bluetooth on his BMW a few years ago and now still working well. this is a seperate system from iDrive.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:08 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No comments

Learn from the best lor. Use bluetooth earpiece like JC. [:p]

5tZp3VM.jpg

Opel17 praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:15 AM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Learn from the best lor. Use bluetooth earpiece like JC. [:p]

5tZp3VM.jpg

In today's context, you look like that while driving, people think you're an Uber driver.

RadX praised this

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:30 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

In today's context, you look like that while driving, people think you're an Uber driver.

I think not many drive a bmw as uber.

Those who have watched topgear will remember this.

221347.jpg

Edited by Watwheels, 25 November 2016 - 08:31 AM.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I ask the Mercedes one before,about $1,000.

Fairlady.

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:57 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I can confirm the 'dummy' theory. This was the case with my first BMW, an airshow 520i bought from PML.

Sorry TS, you're out of luck. An integrated retrofit is probably quite expensive.
We live in a primitive time, don't we, Will? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it; any rational society would either kill me or put me to some use.

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:43 AM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    4th Gear
    Author Image

http://www.mycarforu...d&product=90983

an option if Bluetooth do not work

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:27 PM

jaspal81
  • Premium member
    jaspal81
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If there is a telephone button (on steering wheel or headunit), usually has bluetooth.
Try press the telephone button (keep on pressing), to set up the pairing process....the rest should be easy.

Otherwise, check and read your car manual and look out for the relevant section.

Thanks bros. I checked with PML. Turns out I don't have Bluetooth in the car..

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

jaspal81
  • Premium member
    jaspal81
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Anyone knows any good after market rear view mirror that comes with Bluetooth for making/answering calls?

I heard some also come with camera and navigation.

Any recommendations?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw, bluetooth call function and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users