Should men be the sole $$ contributor despite both working?

Icebrush79

its all different mindsets, social norms .. asian vs ang mo very different also ... 

thats why those mixed race marriages always seem much tougher to maintain.. 

I was reading this BBC article months back about a husband and wife, the husband quit his job to be house husband/free lancer, then wife go out to work for 2 years. Their article also revealed the same equilibrium shift.

Both the wife and the husband were happier when the husband found steady employment again.

I think in fact, this situation is worse for the angmohs cos the women are more strong minded/independent. 

I think we aren't too different from the AM too haha  [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Seriously why huh?

Maybr that's why some career woman cannot find a partner leh

Because most men still old thinking, or big ego. Cannot accept a woman who can earn more, and more capable than him. Or become more sensitive than necessary, thinking the wife do not respect him. 

Lala, u r a model husband, so good de

hard to come by...............faster think of a way to rob............from the wife............ [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Cos it's obvious the woman was not having a good life. I just feel sad for her.

Talk about this, I see my male ex colleagues, like 80-90% of them go for entertainment when traveling. The job does not really require entertainment for customers though.

haha. yea. sounds like one.

Ya...if got another one of this kind see already grab tight tight... don't know this century still can find another one or not... maybe extinct liao [laugh] [laugh]

Staying home also no fun. Beside the houseworks and kids, you are also subject to the risk of losing behind, and losing everything. What if husband lose job? Or have other woman? Or he changes his mind like 5-15 years down the road? You are left with no work experience, no money. Too big a risk!! Even it sounds good to have a breather once in a while, I would never choose that route. So, appreciate your spouse whatever route she chooses :). My ego also too big to take money from someone keke.

Once, I saw an ang moh lady. Definitely a stay home mom from the way she dressed. What drew me is her very beaten purse. All torn. Oh wow. My heart ached.

My wife is housewife but her networth officially higher than mine becos everything i give her half and yet she has her own single name acct for personal savings.

• Praise 2

Seriously why huh?

Maybr that's why some career woman cannot find a partner leh

Your wifey's idea very good! Can learn [:p]

They are marriage counsellors working with TOUCH community services. 

They are Christians so i guess there is some religious belief behind it, though they tried to keep it as non-religious as possible.

They believe a traditional family structure works best. Man as head of the family supported by the wife. The wife can make decisions but with the man. 

The problem comes when the wife becomes the breadwinner, then the wife will want to be at the head of the family. As the wife is actually the stabilising force within the family, when she becomes the "head" of the family, the equilibirum shifts, the woman no longer believes the man has worth within the family. 

Which is quite true, i guess men have to provide for the family, or else a large part of their significance to the family unit is lost.

They are marriage counsellors working with TOUCH community services.

They are Christians so i guess there is some religious belief behind it, though they tried to keep it as non-religious as possible.

They believe a traditional family structure works best. Man as head of the family supported by the wife. The wife can make decisions but with the man.

The problem comes when the wife becomes the breadwinner, then the wife will want to be at the head of the family. As the wife is actually the stabilising force within the family, when she becomes the "head" of the family, the equilibirum shifts, the woman no longer believes the man has worth within the family.

Which is quite true, i guess men have to provide for the family, or else a large part of their significance to the family unit is lost.

Oh I see, yeah, attending church when I was a teenage, christians do believe that man should be head of the family

I think so too, that's why man no need to go through labour

Cos it's obvious the woman was not having a good life. I just feel sad for her. 

That's just one side of it. You didn't see the husband so you won't know if he too is down on his luck or even still alive. 

• Praise 1

officially give up assuming your sex.. juz treat you as an hermaphrodite dog .. :brzzzzz::XD:

Lolx.... that elite @enye will u for that [:p]

wah all the good husbands in mcf

i think can never find a bad guy in MCF..................of course with the exception of...............Tianmo the demon............I am always the bad guy............and will remain as one............. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Why momo never share your story de? [grin]

That's just one side of it. You didn't see the husband so you won't know if he too is down on his luck or even still alive. 

I used to have a wallet so bad in shape............but I refused to change because I believe it brought me luck..............windfall quite often with that wallet..............until I finally have to change it because it was really tearing so badly..............thereafter no money drop from sky liao............. [bigcry]  [bigcry]  [bigcry]

Lolx.... that elite @enye will â¤ï¸ u for that [:p]

Eh elite Lai Lai share your story leh... doggie very interested ð

you are trimaphrodite... thought i said that long time ago?

man, woman and dog combined

i think can never find a bad guy in MCF..................of course with the exception of...............Tianmo the demon............I am always the bad guy............and will remain as one............. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

tianmo 当然不是好...  你可是天

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1