Should men be the sole $$ contributor despite both working?

Icebrush79

i did my solemnization with a jp... i really dont remember if i was offered the counselling..  

but i would have went too.. always keep open mind  [laugh]

ps.. i do know a couple that cancelled the wedding after that talk too!!! 

most marriage counselling in SG is actually done by churches with their pastor etc.

Most christians/catholics do undergo one before marriage.

My friend went to a church one, he said he felt it marginally useful cos the pastor does more of general/religious counseling.

The one i went to was non-religious organised by Touch. It was done by a husband-wife counsellor pair. They shared their life experience (ups and downs in their marriage) and the cases they seen during marriage counselling for couples already in trouble. 

Men are from Mars, women are from venus. I'm not a good communicator also, so i felt i benefited a lot. Was also quite stressed during that period also.

I already had hardly any free time then, yet i felt those saturday afternoons were well spent. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

wallet torn or not..not an issue

must see inside wallet got cash bo

some people can have luxury brand wallet, but wallet very "thin"

towkay wallet very thick

no wonder atbs wave at you

if calculate better don't marry la

must give wife monthly allowance

cny must give big angbao to in law

wife birthday must buy present

yearly vacation husband take care of everything

wife shopping husband pay ... husband shopping ownself pay ownself

car ... husband drive so must also ownself pay ownself even 9/10 times being chauffer ... lol

if you beh song divorce ... 1/2 of your asset including cash go to wife ... AWARE says one

and when you want to buy a rolex ... must ask permission from your wife ... LOL

yes. this is true. That's why I think it is natural that there are more n more people remain single.

wallet torn or not..not an issue

must see inside wallet got cash bo

some people can have luxury brand wallet, but wallet very "thin"

no eh. I meant, she looked also very haggard, tired, clothing very run down, and then team with a super torn wallet. 

Staying home also no fun. Beside the houseworks and kids, you are also subject to the risk of losing behind, and losing everything. What if husband lose job? Or have other woman? Or he changes his mind like 5-15 years down the road? You are left with no work experience, no money. Too big a risk!! Even it sounds good to have a breather once in a while, I would never choose that route. So, appreciate your spouse whatever route she chooses :). My ego also too big to take money from someone keke.

Once, I saw an ang moh lady. Definitely a stay home mom from the way she dressed. What drew me is her very beaten purse. All torn. Oh wow. My heart ached.

LOL I seriously don't think the purse was a good indicator of her well being in life.

My angmo colleague who earns $600k p.a upwards bought a crappy 7-yr old Toyota vios. I sat in his car and noticed his radio LCD screen was flickering badly. I laughed and suan him "who sold you this piece of junk?!?!". He went "Yeah it's only a car who cares".

If you ever see him on the road in his crappy vios, you'd heartache for him too haha...

Edited by Jellandross

if calculate better don't marry la

must give wife monthly allowance

cny must give big angbao to in law

wife birthday must buy present

yearly vacation husband take care of everything

wife shopping husband pay ... husband shopping ownself pay ownself

car ... husband drive so must also ownself pay ownself even 9/10 times being chauffer ... lol

if you beh song divorce ... 1/2 of your asset including cash go to wife ... AWARE says one

and when you want to buy a rolex ... must ask permission from your wife ... LOL

but when she buy Channel ... ownself approve ownself

i give CO every month $XXXX ( it's actually $0001 lah...lol)

home utility, expenses on kids etc she pays mostly from above

grocery she pays most of time, i pay when when i go myself

joint account both 50/50 monthly contribution, for buy shares, vacation, trips, just savings

car and car related expenses, i paid myself

house roughly 50/50 

her $ i no touch

my $ she no ask ...heng ar

watches and ownself use items, i paid myself

wanna give her a lolex, she said dont want...heng ar

ha ha ha... join the weekend parents club then...

My cousin in China says that my nephew is a occasional parent. Left kid in grandparents' care in hometown, and the young couple went shenzhen to work...

Alot of parents are like that in China............thats why many young children in china have that "I want means I want" attitude...........  thanks to being the only child and taken care by grandparents............... <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

LOL I seriously don't think the purse was a good indicator of her well being in life.

I think she said she based it on the AM lady's appearance etc.

Women can be very kaypoh/like to jump to conclusions, but their intuition for such things can be very sharp haha.

My angmo colleague who earns $600k p.a upwards bought a crappy 7-yr old Toyota vios. I sat in his car and noticed his radio LCD screen was flickering badly. I laughed and suan him "who sold you this piece of junk?!?!". He went "Yeah it's only a car who cares".

If you ever see him on the road in his crappy vios, you'd heartache for him too haha...

Wah. suan someone making 600k p.a.

You must be up there too  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

yes. this is true. That's why I think it is natural that there are more n more people remain single.

no eh. I meant, she looked also very haggard, tired, clothing very run down, and then team with a super torn wallet. 

hope she is doing ok 

• Praise 1

Reminds me of the story the MP said the elderly here collect card box for exercising. 

http://statestimesreview.com/2015/07/12/tan-chuan-jin-old-people-who-collect-cardboard-are-just-exercising/

• Praise 2

Alot of parents are like that in China............thats why many young children in china have that "I want means I want" attitude...........  thanks to being the only child and taken care by grandparents............... <_<  [laugh]  [laugh]

the rural children are often brought by less educated grandparents.

They are noticing that these children are becoming a subclass in terms of test scores etc compared to children who are brought up in urban cities. They also have more social issues.

i give CO every month $XXXX ( it's actually $0001 lah...lol)

home utility, expenses on kids etc she pays mostly from above

grocery she pays most of time, i pay when when i go myself

joint account both 50/50 monthly contribution, for buy shares, vacation, trips, just savings

car and car related expenses, i paid myself

house roughly 50/50 

her $ i no touch

my $ she no ask ...heng ar

watches and ownself use items, i paid myself

wanna give her a lolex, she said dont want...heng ar

since budgeted for liao...............and she no want............how about give the lolex to me...............we can buy from T2 used one.............I dont mind..............but I will bring a ATB along to receive.................so you can always remember it as giving to the ATB............cfm chio one................ [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

I have heard of stories where wife pulls on the punches.....even tell hubby to stop working and be her chauffer....send and fetch her from work! But i personally know one girl who pays for the bf....even ciggies! Told her to dump the bf but she doesnt want. As long as one is happy all will be happy. No need to think who is egoistical, who is the hero! Think too much will give very big headache!

since budgeted for liao...............and she no want............how about give the lolex to me...............we can buy from T2 used one.............I dont mind..............but I will bring a ATB along to receive.................so you can always remember it as giving to the ATB............cfm chio one................ [:p][laugh][laugh]

Eat alone...bo jio!