Stroke and recovery (economically)

Ysc3

which sometimes it's good to be asked to leave also (unless the job is already an easy and relaxing kind one).

It may sound brutal, but need to re-look into our life's priorities after the unfortunate incident. And no fun to suffer another attack due to work stress.

i think the 3 month salary is mandated by MOM? I think already very good liao leh.

Company is to earn money one.

Of course if got loyal employee, then hopefully company does more lor.

Or maybe offer a pay cut for a easier job. 

But if stroke affect your mental functioning, very hard for the company also. Especially SME, a lot of employees must multi-task or bao sua bao hai.

↡ Advertisement

which sometimes it's good to be asked to leave also (unless the job is already an easy and relaxing kind one).

It may sound brutal, but need to re-look into our life's priorities after the unfortunate incident. And no fun to suffer another attack due to work stress.

everyone not scared of dying, only scared of getting kidney disease and getting stroke  :mellow:  [smallcry]

• Praise 2

Supersonic

everyone not scared of dying, only scared of getting kidney disease and getting stroke  :mellow:  [smallcry]

yeah, i want to die...quickly.

Anyone know of TIA? Can CT scan determine whether stroke has occurred? Do one really need MRI to determine the extent of stroke? Lala need your expertise.

Edited by Kopites

Anyone know of TIA? Can CT scan determine whether stroke has occurred? Do one really need MRI to determine the extent of stroke? Lala need your expertise.

If you have stroke like symptoms that resolve within 24 hours and ct or mri Brain show no abnormalities. That's assumed to be a TIA

If you have stroke like symptoms that resolve within 24 hours and ct or mri Brain show no abnormalities. That's assumed to be a TIA

CT done but not MRI. CT result. Physical examination and x ray on neck and shoulder all should be OK. Done by neuro at sgh. Discharged and MRI two months later. Not given blood thinner med. Only cholesterol medic prescribed. Hypertension med stop for few days before the reactivation by GP or polyclinic doc.

Trying to drink ginger every day to thin the blood flow.

Ok?

Any things can be done to prevent future stroke as TIA stand a pretty high risk.

Is frightening to go MRI. Never know what will poke up. Done CT show no abnormalities. Physical examination also ok. Syndrome persist for minutes and spontaneous resolved.

Edited by Kopites

CT done but not MRI. CT result. Physical examination and x ray on neck and shoulder all should be OK. Done by neuro at sgh. Discharged and MRI two months later. Not given blood thinner med. Only cholesterol medic prescribed. Hypertension med stop for few days before the reactivation by GP or polyclinic doc.

Ok?

Any things can be done to prevent future stroke as TIA stand a pretty high risk.

Is frightening to go MRI. Never know what will poke up. Done CT show no abnormalities. Physical examination also ok. Syndrome persist for minutes and spontaneous resolved.

Welcome to the club bro...haiz.

I went to NNI at TTSH, my GP said it’s the best place to go.

They did MRI for me.

Seriously if want to die, just let it come quick. Drag and drag only make family members troublesome.

I doing my AMD soon.

Edited by Fcw75

Ok?

In this case, what probably happened was cholesterol plaque got dislodged and went into one of the smaller vessels thus causing the blockage and therefore TIA.

Have to be more diligent with cholesterol management going forward.

For cost management, can ask the hospital for referral letter to polyclinics or local GP.

• Praise 1

Ok?

Mri image is much clearer. So wait for that to see if got any tiny strokes.

Keep your bp in check. Keep your cholesterol low.

Diet, physical activity and exercise. No magic treatment.

Welcome to the club bro...haiz.

I went to NNI at TTSH, my GP said itâs the best place to go.

They did MRI for me.

Seriously if want to die, just let it come quick. Drag and drag only make family members troublesome.

I doing my AMD soon.

What is AMD?

Mri image is much clearer. So wait for that to see if got any tiny strokes.

Keep your bp in check. Keep your cholesterol low.

Diet, physical activity and exercise. No magic treatment.

Cholesterol levels taking the med prescribed. Hypertension med got to stop for a week. Maintain BP level at high level before reactivation of med cycle by doc.

Cholesterol levels taking the med prescribed. Hypertension med got to stop for a week. Maintain BP level at high level before reactivation of med cycle by doc.

Get some rest. Relax. Being stressed out about this also no point right. Once your bp starts to come down once meds been restarted then see what u can do to improve your lifestyle.

U can't really control when or if a real stroke will come. You can only reduce the risk via as healthy a lifestyle u can adopt over many years.

When my dad got a TIA, we also eat like boiled vegetables, steamed fish and meat for like few months. Eventually not sustainable (though not say our home cooking was that unhealthy in the first place)

In this case, what probably happened was cholesterol plaque got dislodged and went into one of the smaller vessels thus causing the blockage and therefore TIA.

Have to be more diligent with cholesterol management going forward.

For cost management, can ask the hospital for referral letter to polyclinics or local GP.

No real need. U go in A&E as long not admitted, you will be referred to outpatient SOC as subsidised pt (unless u insist is private). So everything is subsidised.

Cost difference between SOC and poly is minimal.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1