Hyundai IoniQ Hybrid

Yeobt

Ha..ha.. I am a sedan man.

Ioniq can easily pass off as a sedan but not the Niro.

Saw it at the motor show but did not have the urge to check it out.

Anyway I check out the Ioniq again yesterday and finally concluded that I have to give it up because of the small boot space. What a shame they do not have the option of tyre repair kit instead of a full size type in the boot. If not, it will be my number one choice...

If my karchng is very itchy right now, the choice would be between Mazda 6 and Passat...

Since the car show, the price of the Passat has dropped about 10K while the Mazda 6 remained the same. If it has dropped in tandem with the recent dropped in COE, I would have signed on the dotted line.

As for the Passat, I am not sure whether VW has really fixed the problem associated with their dual clutch gearbox. Definitely cannot afford to have my car in the workshop for days because of that.

I will probably wait a little longer for the launch of the new Camry and Insignia probably later this year.

You probably can add in Sonata and k5 in your considerations too since you already checking out ioniq in the beginning.
↡ Advertisement

Ha..ha.. I am a sedan man.

Ioniq can easily pass off as a sedan but not the Niro.

Saw it at the motor show but did not have the urge to check it out.

Anyway I check out the Ioniq again yesterday and finally concluded that I have to give it up because of the small boot space. What a shame they do not have the option of tyre repair kit instead of a full size type in the boot. If not, it will be my number one choice...

If my karchng is very itchy right now, the choice would be between Mazda 6 and Passat...

Since the car show, the price of the Passat has dropped about 10K while the Mazda 6 remained the same. If it has dropped in tandem with the recent dropped in COE, I would have signed on the dotted line.

As for the Passat, I am not sure whether VW has really fixed the problem associated with their dual clutch gearbox. Definitely cannot afford to have my car in the workshop for days because of that.

I will probably wait a little longer for the launch of the new Camry and Insignia probably later this year.

This version of Passat is on wet clutch right? I'm not sure but thought it was, the various GB VW has is quite confusing.

• Praise 3

What i feel is, why get a feature that you wont use..

Cruise control is useful on an empty street, but adaptive cruisw control.. errr.

You wont know 1 day it ki siao and instead of slow down, it accelerate

I trust my leg on the brake more than the electronic on board. Hahahaha

Cant blame the SE cos they are not used to sell hybrid. Esp for KM, SE are so used to just sell elantra and tucson.

Even in BM, only some SE can answer hybrid question. I have test drive prius twice, 1 really dunno anything, just keep saying toyota hybrid is most reliable. The other, very knowledgeable, know how the hybrid works, and the various modes and etc.

Nv consider Niro?

hahaha.... my thinking is totally opposite of you... regarding "1 day it ki siao and instead of slow down, it accelerate"

i am of the camp that human make more mistake than computer... 

i for 1 is super happy with the adaptive cruise control... n actually i think that if every car has it, accident at expressway would be drastically reduced... 

This version of Passat is on wet clutch right? I'm not sure but thought it was, the various GB VW has is quite confusing.

Actually I also confused leh!

But I have heard too much stories, some from my friends that drove VW that makes me decide against it.

Unless VW can give some very strong reassurance...

Read from the papers some time ago that VW is closing some factories in Europe that produces the Passat as the demand is weak. I guess there must be a good reason why the demand is weak.

You probably can add in Sonata and k5 in your considerations too since you already checking out ioniq in the beginning.

Actually I have checked out the Sonata and K5 in the show rooms though I did not test drive.

I do not know about the difference in OMV for the 3 cars including the Mazda 6 but the selling price is just about 1K away.

With the same pricing, it is a no brainer decison for me not to choose the Mazda 6 over the other 2 cars.

Actually I have checked out the Sonata and K5 in the show rooms though I did not test drive.

I do not know about the difference in OMV for the 3 cars including the Mazda 6 but the selling price is just about 1K away.

With the same pricing, it is a no brainer decison for me not to choose the Mazda 6 over the other 2 cars.

For that price, you get a stripped down Mazda 6, but the base trim Sonata and K5 has more features... and for some reason the Mazda 6 feels more cramped inside...

Just saw a taxi Ioniq yesterday. No faster way to kill a car then to make it a taxi. Sigh...

You also see tons more of Prius taxis. But you also see tons of new Prius car owners...

• Praise 1

You also see tons more of Prius taxis. But you also see tons of new Prius car owners...

Hmmm that's true....but i remember a lot of ppl commenting the previous Sonata when become taxi then ppl dont want to buy. Maybe nowadays taxi got so many models, it's not such a sensitive issue anymore.

Hmmm that's true....but i remember a lot of ppl commenting the previous Sonata when become taxi then ppl dont want to buy. Maybe nowadays taxi got so many models, it's not such a sensitive issue anymore.

Doesnt matter what car model you buying and whether that particular car model is used for taxi or not.

It will still suffer the taxi effect. Same as those driving Vezel or Attrage, many stories online about people waiting there to pick up spouse/kids and having random strangers jump in thinking it is their uber/grab ride.

• Praise 1

It will still suffer the taxi effect. Same as those driving Vezel or Attrage, many stories online about people waiting there to pick up spouse/kids and having random strangers jump in thinking it is their uber/grab ride.

You know... that's really the internet effect... in reality is that the experience of the majority? We don't even know if these stories are true...

I'm driving a vezel hybrid, whenever I pick my gf up at a crowded taxi stand, you will see that afew people looking at your car and then their phone again.

Probably checking the carplate of mine versus their uber/grab one.

Other than that, it's pretty alright driving a car model that is used by many taxi companies.
It means that your car is pretty reliable and has lower running costs. And the fact that every
workshops have your spare parts and can service your car.

I'm driving a vezel hybrid, whenever I pick my gf up at a crowded taxi stand, you will see that afew people looking at your car and then their phone again.

Probably checking the carplate of mine versus their uber/grab one.

Other than that, it's pretty alright driving a car model that is used by many taxi companies.

It means that your car is pretty reliable and has lower running costs. And the fact that every

workshops have your spare parts and can service your car.

Ha ha... I see... but then why should it be only a Vezel they look at? Most people who don't drive don't know one car from the next...
  • Praise 1

Ha ha... I see... but then why should it be only a Vezel they look at? Most people who don't drive don't know one car from the next...

Cos vezel is a common uber/grab car, alongside Sienta and Attrage  [laugh]

• Praise 3

at least the taxi company stress and load test for the potential buyers.

Try taking a ride 6 months down the road and ask the taxi driver any good.

If driver never say anything negative, then probably half the battle won

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2