COE Bidding – 1st Round of December 2016

Carbon82

Yellen just rose Interest Rates. New economic reports all reporting that Singapore may be heading to recession in 2017. I'm sanguine about this COE. Maybe next one might rise a little but the overall trend is to plunge.

When COE was 70k there are many who think 50 is impossible.

Rise is interest rate has been talk about for sometime and is the main reason for me to go in earlier. Another is rise in car price, import price for Japanese has risen since June. Engine mount problem is easy to detect and seen using a torch light and is obvious. If is engine mount problem. Car starts to jump when stationary.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Did dealers increase the prices of their cars; after dropping them after the 1st Dec bid?

One AD told me Friday price going up so sign 1st. 1 AD told me OMV up for next batch of cars in FEB so quick sign. Dun know how true.

Which AD will ever tell you they dropping price next week...please wait till next week then sign?  :D 

One AD told me Friday price going up so sign 1st. 1 AD told me OMV up for next batch of cars in FEB so quick sign. Dun know how true.

• Praise 2

Now buy car like rocket science. Must know economic, politic , finance , engineering and world situation. I took only minutes to decide having kids even though the investment is millions.

• Praise 2

I think this is their usual practice.

Before second bidding exercise,they will up price quietly.

• Praise 1

Maybe that's why he WAS a SE at BM.

He passed on liao. Nothing to do with him highlighting what he knows to his clan.

Anyway if, say for example, ur brother works in the bank and u wouldnt want to get preferiential rates or insider news from him when u need a loan for house and car? U and i know the answer to this.

• Praise 3

The yen is about SG$120 to 10000 yen in Jan 2016, Then risen to strongest SG$135 a few months, Currently it drop to SG$125 to 10000 yen. Dont understand why the OMV for coming batch of japanese car increase?

• Praise 1

Yellen just rose Interest Rates. New economic reports all reporting that Singapore may be heading to recession in 2017. I'm sanguine about this COE. Maybe next one might rise a little but the overall trend is to plunge.

When COE was 70k there are many who think 50 is impossible.

Just Sharing :

Indeed when recession comes, it can  wipe out  your saving in a matter of a year ( or even lesser ) , I remember  during the last recession My saving was wipe out and one of the reason is also  because I have to hold on to the car ( with monthly installment ) as my kid was young then and have to send  her to school everyday because she was studying in the west whereas we live i the northeast and moreover I'm the bread winner and have to put food on the table.

Generally on the topic of  renewing COE or Buy new is  something  depending on your  lifestyle as  monies are hard to earn and we have to be prudence . I've also learn to live within my means although some of them have deep pockets, I'm certainly more careful now.

Just sharing my own  thoughts, Looking at the economy I  see dark cloud looming and building up ( at least for my industry) hence  the thought of holding to my ride to weather through the storm when it comes.

In fact the  economy wasn't doing well  since 2 years ago and when the oil price slump a lot of  companies that is  doing business relating to  the oil chain have either fold up or leaking their wounds.

I'm also here to listen to all opinions and make a calculated decision when my ride  is due on March.

hope you guys who drive  COE paid car can also share their experience as this is most people dilemma as to  keep existing ride or buy a  new one.

weekend is in the air.... cheers~~

Edited by Roltan
  • Praise 3

SG LL hv 2 lose Torex ....... SLL9A ...... heeeee

Not SLL5T? Haha

For some reason I don't like the number license lettering. SLG, SLJ, SLL, go figure out.

Good le, the more ppl don't like, the lower the COE will
  • Praise 1

Just Sharing :

Indeed when recession comes, it can  wipe out  your saving in a matter of a year ( or even lesser ) , I remember  during the last recession My saving was wipe out and one of the reason is also  because I have to hold on to the car ( with monthly installment ) as my kid was young then and have to send  her to school everyday because she was studying in the west whereas we live i the northeast and moreover I'm the bread winner and have to put food on the table.

Generally on the topic of  renewing COE or Buy new is  something  depending on your  lifestyle as  monies are hard to earn and we have to be prudence . I've also learn to live within my means although some of them have deep pockets, I'm certainly more careful now.

Just sharing my own  thoughts, Looking at the economy I  see dark cloud looming and building up ( at least for my industry) hence  the thought of holding to my ride to weather through the storm when it comes.

In fact the  economy wasn't doing well  since 2 years ago and when the oil price slump a lot of  companies that is  doing business relating to  the oil chain have either fold up or leaking their wounds.

I'm also here to listen to all opinions and make a calculated decision when my ride  is due on March.

hope you guys who drive  COE paid car can also share their experience as this is most people dilemma as to  keep existing ride or buy a  new one.

In making the decision, personally I think the bank loan is the key.

Still remember on my last ride, took a 5 year loan and when the final loan installment was paid, it was such a relief knowing I do not need to pay every month.

There is still maintenance and daily running cost but that can be managed, drive more, drive less, go for cheaper repair alternative etc, but the monthly bank loan cannot run away.

Therefore decision my next ride is based on what I can afford with the minimum bank loan and tenure.

Other people may have other views but the feeling of fully paying the car without any more monthly payment is shiok.

• Praise 1

The yen is about SG$120 to 10000 yen in Jan 2016, Then risen to strongest SG$135 a few months, Currently it drop to SG$125 to 10000 yen. Dont understand why the OMV for coming batch of japanese car increase?

Maybe the coming batch was ordered in early Nov or before. The price is lock with the exchange rate then.

So, into January, maybe we could start to see some reduction on the OMV for some Japanese cars.

• Praise 1

In making the decision, personally I think the bank loan is the key.

Still remember on my last ride, took a 5 year loan and when the final loan installment was paid, it was such a relief knowing I do not need to pay every month.

There is still maintenance and daily running cost but that can be managed, drive more, drive less, go for cheaper repair alternative etc, but the monthly bank loan cannot run away.

Therefore decision my next ride is based on what I can afford with the minimum bank loan and tenure.

Other people may have other views but the feeling of fully paying the car without any more monthly payment is shiok.

As long as you want to own a car,you cant be debt free forever because there is a coe.

Unlike my Malaysian friend,his Nissan sentra(sunny) fully paid up long ago.He does not want to change car cos do not want to increase financial burden. 

His car is already 13yrs old.

We can be debt free for few years only then come the decision,new car or coe renew?

• Praise 2

Just Sharing :

No doubt COE cars will need to visit the workshop more often. Best is to bring yours to a trusted workshop and have the mechanics check on the undercarriage, engine and gb. I'm also considering to renew mine in 1.5 years time. Have already started to change wheel bearings and engine mount. Next year planning to change clutch, Ac compressor, brake discs and maybe engine overhaul. Old cars def need more TLC than brand new cars and it is always better to do PM rather than waiting for things to break down.

Financial wise, you have to ask yourself if you are comfortable paying monthly installments, assuming you are taking a loan. And if you are able to afford the payment if you don't have income for a few months.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3