Dad complains when he cannot get free upgrades from SIA

Noob79

Twincharged

when he bought 1 x Biz + 1 x Eco tix

he already AIM for it liao [sly]

if he really think that the boy can "sit on the lap of the mother" then why not just buy 1 x Biz

I think need ticket to board la. He thought can just share seat with the mother. Never expect to be rejected. I also didn't know not allowed. So far I have always gone over to biz class to share seat with my parents. The stewardess even brought my food from economy to my parent's biz class seats... Maybe they are stricter about it now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dear all,

Self explanatory, dad complains when he cannot get free upgrades for his child from economy class to business class...

http://singapore.coconuts.co/2016/11/30/cheapskate-dad-complains-sia-about-son-economy-class-not-being-able-sit-mum-business

Actually if you read it carefully, he was not expecting upgrade.

More like son sit with mother in biz since seat is bigger anyway.

• Praise 1

Actually if you read it carefully, he was not expecting upgrade.

More like son sit with mother in biz since seat is bigger anyway.

why not check with SQ before buying tix?

ownself declare ownself entitlement?

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

I think need ticket to board la. He thought can just share seat with the mother. Never expect to be rejected. I also didn't know not allowed. So far I have always gone over to biz class to share seat with my parents. The stewardess even brought my food from economy to my parent's biz class seats... Maybe they are stricter about it now.

Sharing seats is dangerous.

The aircraft is a moving object. It can hit turbulence any time.

What if the parent smoother the kid during turbulence, if he/she was sitting besides ?

If he/she was sitting on the parent's lap, he could be thrown off, hit the ceiling, the floor or anywhere.

Will the parent not blame/sue the airline afterwards if something bad happens ?

It's like saying to allow your kid to seat in front with the driver while he's driving.

• Praise 7

Sharing seats is dangerous.

The aircraft is a moving object. It can hit turbulence any time.

What if the parent smoother the kid during turbulence, if he/she was sitting besides ?

If he/she was sitting on the parent's lap, he could be thrown off, hit the ceiling, the floor or anywhere.

Will the parent not blame/sue the airline afterwards if something bad happens ?

It's like saying to allow your kid to seat in front with the driver while he's driving.

I agree with you.

But then in this case we are not sure what happened.

Was mum forced to share seat anyway but in economy?

• Praise 1

why not check with SQ before buying tix?

ownself declare ownself entitlement?

Fair point... but most of the brick bats thrown here were about how cheapskate he is and how entitled he is to expect upgrade.

I believe it to be misdirected.

His expectation was simply to share seat. He did not expect or feel entitled to free upgrade.

Title of thread is completely wrong.

Should read "Dad expects to share business class seat with toddler, and complains when rejected"

There is no rule saying you cannot buy a biz class tix for a child.

Conversely, there is also no one stopping one from buying 2 economy class tix for mother and child.

So... What is the issue now?

• Praise 4

Either you buy 2 biz class tickets or 2 economy tickets

U cannot take half half though u can see half half in SQ [sly]

yes, on my recent trip to oz

across my isle i saw at least 2 parent bought extra seat for kid

most of the time the kid sit loosely or with parent

when seat belt sign on, the mom quickly fasten the kid seat belt on his own seat

• Praise 1

yes, on my recent trip to oz

across my isle i saw at least 2 parent bought extra seat for kid

most of the time the kid sit loosely or with parent

when seat belt sign on, the mom quickly fasten the kid seat belt on his own seat

In SQ rule,

to buy extra seat for the same person (example, two seats for one person, those extra heavy duty, aka fat person), both tickets type must be those mid range category, cannot buy those (lowest) promotion tickets.

And if u are a unaccompanied minor (UM) around 12-17yrs, U must also buy mid range category ticket. Cannot buy (lowest) promotion ticket.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

my sis friend in SYD is a marketing manager and is entitled to business class whenever he goes on business trips.

however, he would give up his business class seat and ask the company to purchase 4 economy tixs for him (with some top up) instead and his family can travel with him.

• Praise 3

I think business class seats should be cheaper if they allow sales to kids/child below 12. No offense to anyone but imagine paying full price biz class tickets only to have some kids in the cabin crying and making noise.

• Praise 2

This one Is like carpark tailgate go out :XD:

This reminds me of the HDB industrial carparks in ubi that put up a sign that the carpark management reserve the rights to charge tailgates full day parking charge.
  • Praise 1

I think business class seats should be cheaper if they allow sales to kids/child below 12. No offense to anyone but imagine paying full price biz class tickets only to have some kids in the cabin crying and making noise.

Adult and Child tickets for SQ Business class are the SAME prices.

The only differences is the minor airport taxes for a few countries

• Praise 1

A business class ticket can cost about 5~8 times an economy class ticket. IIRC.

It's not 1.5 or 2x.

Airline is unlikely to give a huge discount for that seat, even for kids, and esp not for free.

When I was travelling with my ex-company on business, business class ticket is often sold-out on long distance flight.

• Praise 1

A business class ticket can cost about 5~8 times an economy class ticket. IIRC.

It's not 1.5 or 2x.

Airline is unlikely to give a huge discount for that seat, even for kids, and esp not for free.

When I was travelling with my ex-company on business, business class ticket is often sold-out on long distance flight.

its not even about costs involved imo.. 

its about expecting/demanding a favor... and then kpkb when not given...   (stupid mistake 1)

then realize people think he cheapo... scared of backlash...  quickly remove post (stupid mistake 2)

then go mia ..  wait for tide to blow over.. (stupid mistake 3)

WEAK...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5