Paying more for chilled drinks.

Ysc3

oh yah yah............CKT also............ [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Almost everything. Hawkers then were using mainly duck eggs. I recall that tasted better. Haha .....
  • Praise 2

I am not that well travelled yet ... but for those who have travelled to many countries, can you tell me which countries has supermarkets that will charge you more for chilled drinks over their ambient temperature drinks - for the same product ?

you should ask.... which countries charge less for non chilled drinks..... so far only singapore and malaysia from what i can remember

Edited by Galantspeedz

I am not that well travelled yet ... but for those who have travelled to many countries, can you tell me which countries has supermarkets that will charge you more for chilled drinks over their ambient temperature drinks - for the same product ?

in coffeeshop

hot coffee - $1

ice coffee - $1.20-$1.40

the 20-40 cents goes to where?

The best is bring your own water.  Now got diabetics awareness programme.  don't drink canned and sugary drinks so much.    

not only fried carrot cake.................i remember roti plata.......pork congee........most food charge extra for eggs all can bring own eggs.............those were the days............now you bring egg they ask you hong kan......... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Talking about eggs, I recalled buying Fried oyster, as I was waiting, a mid 20s man ordered," Uncle fried oyster $5.00, don't want oysters."

The eggs and the flour mix from that stall must be really special.

Another option is to buy from vending machine, they don't charge for the chilled drinks.

It's only slightly more expensive compare from supermarket.

Wonder why so.

Maybe no need to queue.....

• Praise 1

Cashier pay is lower than machine's price and maintenance.  [:p]

Talking about eggs, I recalled buying Fried oyster, as I was waiting, a mid 20s man ordered," Uncle fried oyster $5.00, don't want oysters."

Another option is to buy from vending machine, they don't charge for the chilled drinks.

It's only slightly more expensive compare from supermarket.
Wonder why so.

Maybe no need to queue.....

I know in almost all cold/western countries, hot drinks cost more than cold/bottled drinks. [laugh]

One sachet of Nascafe (which you can get FOC in hotel room) poured into a styrofoam cup costs more than $5.  [:(]

to some ppl is just another dish...........they like the dish but dont take one of the ingredients................and they just remove it from the dish..............it just so happen he remove the most expensive of the ingredient................actually not uncommon.............I have seen a few myself..............just like wantan mee mai wantan................become char siew mee lor...............fry prawn mee mia prawn........left with sotong pork and egg lor............. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 2

I know in almost all cold/western countries, hot drinks cost more than cold/bottled drinks. [laugh]

One sachet of Nascafe (which you can get FOC in hotel room) poured into a styrofoam cup costs more than $5.  [:(]

Yeap, cold countries pay for hot food, hot drinks.

Hot countries pay for cold food, cold drinks.

It's the demand.

to some ppl is just another dish...........they like the dish but dont take one of the ingredients................and they just remove it from the dish..............it just so happen he remove the most expensive of the ingredient................actually not uncommon.............I have seen a few myself..............just like wantan mee mai wantan................become char siew mee lor...............fry prawn mee mia prawn........left with sotong pork and egg lor............. [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Some have sex don't want pen is ok? [laugh]

in coffeeshop

hot coffee - $1

ice coffee - $1.20-$1.40

The best is bring your own water.  Now got diabetics awareness programme.  don't drink canned and sugary drinks so much.    

I always do cos I can't drink any other stuff. It's either allergy or caffeine.

in coffeeshop

hot coffee - $1

ice coffee - $1.20-$1.40

Iced coffee has more condensed milk. 

You can try putting their hot coffee into a cup of ice and you will notice the difference.

I'm still grateful to be paying $1 for a coffee compared to >$5 (3.50 Euros) for a smaller cup of coffee that is only available for takeaway. Having it there would cost 4.50 Euros....

Talking about Europe, need to pay 3 Euro to pee in some areas. Don't pee, can?

Back to this thread, extra 10 - 20 cents for ice or chilled drink OK lah. YOLO see open, enjoy while you can.

• Praise 1

Almost everything. Hawkers then were using mainly duck eggs. I recall that tasted better. Haha .....

Now also same. But different form.

A lot of Bros here buy their own parts and engine oil etc go workshop. Only pay for workmanship. Hahaha

he ran out of topic la... no free lunch , businessman need to pay for electricity and labour, so have to charge, lawyer charge by the minutes for consultation, doctor charge for their expertise and plastic surgeon charge exceptional high prices for the magic work . . . while some wipe table can still pcih up some loose coins le!! [:p]

↡ Advertisement