Movies to look out for in 2017

therock

lol I'm sure you weren't focusing on her ass when she does her catwalk with stilettos  [;)]

Ok, let me add her ass to the check list.

Hmmm .... have I missed out anything ?  :secret-laugh:

post-15968-0-28859200-1490581816_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Ok, let me add her ass to the check list.

Hmmm .... have I missed out anything ?  :secret-laugh:

She's very yummy in Wolf of Wall street. 

But ok lah. She made the harley quinn's lines seem quite natural. It would have been easy to overact.

Edited by Lala81

why you all dun like Beauty and the Beast? i find it quite an enjoyable musical, couple with the GI. Of course half of the reason i watch it was due to Emma Watson  :D

why you all dun like Beauty and the Beast? i find it quite an enjoyable musical, couple with the GI. Of course half of the reason i watch it was due to Emma Watson  :D

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I waiting for alternative media channel to watch it.

Edited by Lala81

I watched Beauty and Beast recently but found the main actor and actress look very familiar.

thats the Beauty ???????  :a-bang:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

John Wick Part 2: 6.5/10

========================

Only credit I give is for Keanu's own stunts and fights otherwise has mediocre story and plot, predictable fight scenes that provoke the humour in me rather than the awe. The first one was slightly better. Tonnes of kill/assassin movies out there makes this feels like a cheap HK action flick with Ang Mo as stars..

Sing: 7.5/10

============

Watch it with a cartoon mind. It may not be as good as Despicable Me but it's surprisingly entertaining and felt like watching a reality talent contest but with some character development and not to mention nice songs and performance.

Lego Batman 5/10

================

Was a tad disappointing after the success of Lego movie. They tried to apply the same formula as the original Lego movie but it was somewhere in the middle of kiddy, cheesiness and slapstick. I guess the movie tried to cater for general group of audience but fail to capture must. The kids are bored, the adult find it boh liao.

Logan 8/10

==========

The first word from Logan set the mood for the whole show. The story and plot is rather linear with not special plot twist but there is a lot of character development and acting performance to enjoy. The movie did a good job to keep emotions in check and injected some mild humour along the way (dinner scene) to light up the gloomy mood. The style of Logan will also appeal. This is one of the best comic-hero genre movies recently, but it’s still no "The Dark Knight"

Beauty & the Beast 7.5/10

=========================

Was a fan of the cartoon when I was a kid. The cartoon was truly ground-breaking in terms of storytelling and animation affects, especially the ballroom scene. However, the live-action reincarnation is merely playing catch-up with the cartoon. The original voice actors are Broadway singers and Emma Watson is just no match for them, even if they try to enhance her voice with autotune, which is way too obvious. Apart from that they spend too much time to cover and explain various plot hole from the cartoon that its too distracting. As a movie its pretty okay and I'm sure the kids will love it, but it cannot replace the 1991 masterpiece.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/anime-fan-chin-han-on-fleshing-out-his-role-in-ghost-in-the/3622242.html

One of our own in GITS!

He's Togusa. The only one of the squad who's fully human.

For the record Togusa is the third major supporting character in the Anime...definately not a small fry...unless they fark up the movie... Edited by Pocus

I follow Ghost in the Shell, all their stuff... one day I am happy to do an entire weekend of the original pair of movies, then followed by the series one and two, then the new series..

Then we can all go watch the new show.. 

For the record Togusa is the third major supporting character in the Anime...definately not a small fry...unless they fark up the movie...

U mean batou, the chief and togusa.

Ishikawa and Paz and the other guy has smaller roles.

Haha tachikoma has a bigger role sometimes...

Glad to meet fellow gits fans. It's one anime series that my friends or wife has never followed.

Turbocharged

U mean batou, the chief and togusa.

Ishikawa and Paz and the other guy has smaller roles.

Haha tachikoma has a bigger role sometimes...

Glad to meet fellow gits fans. It's one anime series that my friends or wife has never followed.

Very skeptical about this movie actually. I think it's a big mistake for them to remake a masterpiece. 17 years on the Anime is still timeless even though I hated it for not following the drawing style of the manga during that time in 1995....not to mention the absence of the tachikomas in the Anime.

They did try to amend that in SOC spin off but the original anime already gain cult status and SOC run like any other typical anime of that time.. no comments on SOC2.

I wonder how they will play out the ending this time, follow the manga or anime?

There are actually quite a handful of GITS fans in SG... I won't say I'm hardcore fan but the anime made an impact in my teenage years...I'm glad I gave a few khakis to talk about these...most of them are as skeptical as me...lol

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

Very skeptical about this movie actually. I think it's a big mistake for them to remake a masterpiece. 17 years on the Anime is still timeless even though I hated it for not following the drawing style of the manga during that time in 1995....not to mention the absence of the tachikomas in the Anime.

They did try to amend that in SOC spin off but the original anime already gain cult status and SOC run like any other typical anime of that time.. no comments on SOC2.

I wonder how they will play out the ending this time, follow the manga or anime?

There are actually quite a handful of GITS fans in SG... I won't say I'm hardcore fan but the anime made an impact in my teenage years...I'm glad I gave a few khakis to talk about these...most of them are as skeptical as me...lol

Haha yeah I think therock idea of marathon watching the anime before the movie is not a good idea lol.

I actually watched the series first before watching the original movie

Turbocharged

ao1W81x_700b.jpg

:yuush:

Wah biang eh..they really out to outdo the marvel universe..this cyborg is in clear competition to Ironman...even has a center circular glowing orb on its chest... [laugh]

Supercharged

Too much musical and predictable.

I think LIFE is better.

went to watch. found the cartoon better.

the show was ok. the musical was nice. but the acting... erm... leaves one disappointed, given the stellar cast of veteran actors!

not worth a weekend ticket if you must watch it on the big screen.  [;)]

Supercharged

John Wick Part 2: 6.5/10

========================

Only credit I give is for Keanu's own stunts and fights otherwise has mediocre story and plot, predictable fight scenes that provoke the humour in me rather than the awe. The first one was slightly better. Tonnes of kill/assassin movies out there makes this feels like a cheap HK action flick with Ang Mo as stars..

Sing: 7.5/10

============

Watch it with a cartoon mind. It may not be as good as Despicable Me but it's surprisingly entertaining and felt like watching a reality talent contest but with some character development and not to mention nice songs and performance.

Lego Batman 5/10

================

Was a tad disappointing after the success of Lego movie. They tried to apply the same formula as the original Lego movie but it was somewhere in the middle of kiddy, cheesiness and slapstick. I guess the movie tried to cater for general group of audience but fail to capture must. The kids are bored, the adult find it boh liao.

Logan 8/10

==========

The first word from Logan set the mood for the whole show. The story and plot is rather linear with not special plot twist but there is a lot of character development and acting performance to enjoy. The movie did a good job to keep emotions in check and injected some mild humour along the way (dinner scene) to light up the gloomy mood. The style of Logan will also appeal. This is one of the best comic-hero genre movies recently, but it’s still no "The Dark Knight"

Beauty & the Beast 7.5/10

=========================

Was a fan of the cartoon when I was a kid. The cartoon was truly ground-breaking in terms of storytelling and animation affects, especially the ballroom scene. However, the live-action reincarnation is merely playing catch-up with the cartoon. The original voice actors are Broadway singers and Emma Watson is just no match for them, even if they try to enhance her voice with autotune, which is way too obvious. Apart from that they spend too much time to cover and explain various plot hole from the cartoon that its too distracting. As a movie its pretty okay and I'm sure the kids will love it, but it cannot replace the 1991 masterpiece.

wah... envy leh. can watch so many movies!

Wah biang eh..they really out to outdo the marvel universe..this cyborg is in clear competition to Ironman...even has a center circular glowing orb on its chest... [laugh]

Sadly DC and Zack don't understand what makes a good superhero movie..

Marvel do..

It's not merely about adding characters. There's  magical mix of fun, love, and humor, laced in between the action.

Batman under Ben Affleck is all grunt and bulk - he can't move or fight to save his life.

Superman, better, but nowhere near Robert Downing and his crew... that man has a certain swagger..

For angst, Hugh Jackman's Logan does it a lot better..

↡ Advertisement