Movies to look out for in 2017

therock

yes for some reason haha... which was why the movie with the Dinobots was deliberately marketed towards China... one of the locations in the movie was in China. got Chinese actress also... 

China is the biggest market so they are smart to target that market... 

Reasons is because of this:

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/09/paramount-pictures-loses-huahua-media-film-financing-deal-353298

If you look closely, a lot of Chinese investors are putting a lot of money into ang moh blockbusters.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

wow US$1 bil... did they manage to recoup? i'm sure many Chinese investors are willing to chip in...

Not that Paramount lost 1b. Just that HuaHua decide to bring this money to a better use. Paramount might need to look for other investors or do some budget control. Anyway, TLK is really crap.

• Praise 1

late to the game, but just watched Thor 3... very enjoyable and especially liked the humour... agree that the storyline is different from the usual MCU movies, more character development due to lesser characters in general... loved the music theme as well, oldies and sci-fi space tunes, gives a Tron feel... 

i would rate this movie above Thor 1 and 2, but still below Civil War... 

next up will be Justice League... any issues on continuity as i did not catch BvS?...

Watch Batman vs Superman first.

... in 2018

This one really waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy overdue, should have been done much earlier instead of stuff like Cars 2 and Cars 3. 

The Incredibles and Toy Story trilogy was, imho, Pixar's best.

• Praise 2

This one really waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy overdue, should have been done much earlier instead of stuff like Cars 2 and Cars 3. 

The Incredibles and Toy Story trilogy was, imho, Pixar's best.

I agree. The first came out in 2004 and it was a success. Knowing Hollywood, one would expect them to come out with the sequel way earlier. Not sure why they took so long.

So bros

Now that we are at the end of the year, what do you think were the top ten movies of the year?

For those movies I have watched or intend* to watch this year.

Not in order.

1. Fast and Furious 8

2. Bladerunner 2049

3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi*

4. Thor: Ragnarok

5. Gurdians of the Galaxy: Vol 2

6. IT

7. Logan

8. Wonder Woman

9. American Made

10. 追龙

For those movies I have watched or intend* to watch this year.

Not in order.

1. Fast and Furious 8

2. Bladerunner 2049

3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi*

4. Thor: Ragnarok

5. Gurdians of the Galaxy: Vol 2

6. IT

7. Logan

8. Wonder Woman

9. American Made

10. 追龙

cham... on this list i have only watched Thor... Captain America: Civil War not in the list? 

cham... on this list i have only watched Thor... Captain America: Civil War not in the list? 

Captain America: Civil War is 2016 movie. 

Means you should be able to count them with your fingers?  [laugh]

haha yeah bro... less than 10 movies for the past 3 years since my kids born... 

↡ Advertisement