Movies to look out for in 2017

therock

I watched Jack Reacher recently. Have to say it's a disappointment.

Feel that it doesn't capture the essence of Jack Reacher well.

The first movie was better.

he old liao how much action you want from him, but still so many people and bullet cannot kill him mah.

even jackie chan also slow down liao   [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

he old liao how much action you want from him, but still so many people and bullet cannot kill him mah.

even jackie chan also slow down liao   [laugh]  [laugh]

It's not just the action part.

Other than the fact that Jack reacher is supposed to be a 6 foot 6 inch fighting machine.

They also tried to change the character to make him look softer/more emotional. 

It's not just the action part.

Other than the fact that Jack reacher is supposed to be a 6 foot 6 inch fighting machine.

They also tried to change the character to make him look softer/more emotional.

that is John Wick, but he also quite emotional [laugh] [laugh]

that is John Wick, but he also quite emotional [laugh] [laugh]

yeah.

Jack Reacher is more of an avenger. But less guns and more bone breaking.

i guess that's bit passe for movies haha.

yeah.

Jack Reacher is more of an avenger. But less guns and more bone breaking.

i guess that's bit passe for movies haha.

It was tiring watching the second instalment..

It felt like Forrest Gump Part II

Quite simply, it was a running movie: "From that day onwards, if I was going anywhere, I was running!"

Tom Cruise didn't perform to his usual best, and look like he was dialling it in. I also made the mistake of reading the book first, so all the nuances, the thoughts in his mind were lost.

Here was a movie that didn't know if it was a straightforward actioner, a whodunit thriller or a bit of comedy.

Jack needs to solve a paternity suit, free a prisoner, and absolve himself of crime once again. Cobie Sumlders doesn't smoulder too much here, she also look old and tired here, and there isn't a real chemistry between them. No couple on the run feel. In fact Robert De Niro and buddy feel more 'couply' in Midnight Run and Eddie Murphy & Nick Nolte also had more love between them than these two.

Plenty of action and explosions, so those looking for a bit of demo material for their HT systems won't feel too aggrieved, but my opinion:

Rent or buy only when on sale.

2.5/5 

It was tiring watching the second instalment..

It felt like Forrest Gump Part II

Quite simply, it was a running movie: "From that day onwards, if I was going anywhere, I was running!"

Tom Cruise didn't perform to his usual best, and look like he was dialling it in. I also made the mistake of reading the book first, so all the nuances, the thoughts in his mind were lost.

Here was a movie that didn't know if it was a straightforward actioner, a whodunit thriller or a bit of comedy.

Jack needs to solve a paternity suit, free a prisoner, and absolve himself of crime once again. Cobie Sumlders doesn't smoulder too much here, she also look old and tired here, and there isn't a real chemistry between them. No couple on the run feel. In fact Robert De Niro and buddy feel more 'couply' in Midnight Run and Eddie Murphy & Nick Nolte also had more love between them than these two.

Plenty of action and explosions, so those looking for a bit of demo material for their HT systems won't feel too aggrieved, but my opinion:

Rent or buy only when on sale.

2.5/5 

i read the book sometime back, have to reread it sometime again.

Think the plot of the movie doesn't really follow the book except for the bare minimum.

I watched The Accountant.

Action movie, watchable, so-so only, near the end part not really a surprise.

i wanted to watch that before i started watching jack reacher, but the subtitle service was down and it's hard to understand his mumbling LOL

I thought Jungle Book was a very enjoyable movie.

Supersonic

Watched Logan.

Pretty sad and dystopian background.

Professor X went from 費玉清 personality to grumpy old man.  :XD:

Who's going to watch?

Looking forward to it :)

But George Clooney in his younger days will make a better lead IMO..

When is it coming to our screens?

Maybe it can be a Friday makan and screen session with bros :)