Movies to look out for in 2017

therock

IMHO

If you have a movie like the Danish Girl, with some gender bender themes, hey that's ok.

Now, is this the new Disney, where it's politically correct to add some LBGT themes, then maybe there should be a warning.

Kids watch this stuff.

Even the new Star Trek takes a nod to the appeal to the LBGT crowd.

So perhaps I am a prude, and I choose to vote with my wallet. Plenty to watch out there, including the award winning cartoon from a while back.

YMMV.

Thanks bro

Yes, you won't miss much watching it on a small screen. The in thing now is to show older action stars actually showing their age, eg Expendables, Taken etc..

For a meaningful ride, I would recommend Unbeatable æ¿æ°- starring Nick Cheung:

MV5BODcxNDYwOTAyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU3

Dante Lam is an interesting Hong Kong director who can bring the best of his stars. In Nick Cheung, he has one of the best material to showcase. Nick is willing to make a lot of effort in preparation for his roles, and here, he does a massive transformation, beating his 45 year old body into shape, and producing a top shape chiseled body for his role as a down and out ex boxer who wants to make a comeback as a MMA fighter.

The movie borrows heavily from many other movies, such as Warrior, which borrows from traditional hits like Rocky, and other boxing shows before. What makes the difference is the intensity Nick Cheung brings, and his chemistry with the younger, and new actor Eddie Peng, who does valiantly to keep up and the precocious and yet lovely young actress Crystal Lee who is like Asiaâs Dakota Fanning.

Sporting movies with an underdog concept are always welcome, and even though the boxing plot the backbone of the movie, itâs much more than just a sporting movie, and the acting brings this movie to a whole new plane, with a greater focus on relationships, and making the best of difficult lives. There is hope, amidst the sadness, and Nick does wonderfully to portray the down and out boxer, with a solid supporting cast. The MMA fighting scenes are also quite well done, and there is plenty of action too.

4/5 for plot

Surround and action 4/5 : good use of surrounds, bass and the 7.1 DTS-MA soundtrack works well to impress.

Chick factor: lots of sweeties, but not a movie about hotties. The plot and good action, plus the humorous scenes will more than compensate.

A keeper for me.

PS: for the trivia fans, Nick worked for 9 months to get his body in shape, and for the audiophiles, the initial cans the lady used are Panasonics (Panasonic RP-HTX7-W1 Stereo Headphones -White) whilst the I think the second pair are Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown Headphones and the lovely song is Sound Of Silence by Ania Dabrowska.

If u like nick cheung. I would recommend this movie. Watched this few months back. Solid acting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_Walker_(film)

Thanks, I saw that, but it didn't have the same impact as some of the earlier work..

Stool pigeon, Mission, Exile etc.. 

I like Johnnie To's work :)

This was the scene and IMO it's guerrila marketing at work to get ppl to watch!

https://youtu.be/9oPxuAOZpSI

One of the highest grossing movies. LoL...

Now those protesters know it's just a marketing gimmick to garner attention to make ppl watch. The more they try to stop ppl from watching the more ppl will try to watch. These marketing ppl are smart. They know such musical children movies have limited audience so they add controversial to it and it worked.

For me, I will still not watch becoz firstly it's a musical....I hate musicals and it's a children fairy tale....it doesn't appeal to me.

• Praise 2

Thanks, I saw that, but it didn't have the same impact as some of the earlier work..

Stool pigeon, Mission, Exile etc.. 

I like Johnnie To's work :)

The Mission, PTU and the quirky charming Sparrow.

i don't usually watch asian movies. But one of the apps on my tv box has good versions, so occasionally bored, then watch haha.

Actually on krisworld, i was watching japanese movies. 

Cos it's something not commonly available on streaming.

Haha watched shin godzilla 

The Mission, PTU and the quirky charming Sparrow.

Sparrow - got hot chick

Also see eye in the sky..

Sparrow - got hot chick

Also see eye in the sky..

Yup, Kelly Lin. I also would play balloons with her.

Kinda fond of Sparrow as it was a simple quirky story with Simon Yam, Lam Suet as small time pickpockets in Hong Kong Island instead of their usual gangster roles. And the umbrella thingy was neat.

Hmmm, I may have missed Eye in the Sky. Let me look around for it.  [thumbsup]

post-15968-0-95787200-1489985772_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Twincharged

lol, i would love to play with her too [:p]

Kinda fond of Sparrow as it was a simple quirky story with Simon Yam, Lam Suet as small time pickpockets in Hong Kong Island instead of their usual gangster roles. And the umbrella thingy was neat.

• Praise 5

I love the final pickpocket showdown..

Another nice thriller - Life Without Principle. Not as strong as his past showings, but pretty good still. A nice yarn about the stock market.

IMO Chinese money has increased production values, but the quality of the story / plot has actually gone down.

• Praise 1

Don't think it's gay leh. Maybe I can't make out what he is singing about.

I don't think the children will pick out any gay vibes from this scene either.

That's not a gay scene. This IS a gay scene. When you hear that music, you are screwed

• Praise 3

Supersonic

For me, I will still not watch becoz firstly it's a musical....I hate musicals and it's a children fairy tale....it doesn't appeal to me.

I regretted watching...  :mellow:

• Praise 1

The New Wonder Woman Movie Trailer And The Battle Over Her Armpits

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2017/03/18/the-new-wonder-woman-movie-trailer-and-the-battle-over-her-armpits/#69be5a325e8b

Now media focusing on Wonder Woman's armpits ...  [laugh]

Ok lah, a bit more interesting than the Beauty and the Beast fuss ...  [:p]

........ you wont want to see the beast version armpit  :XD:

• Praise 2

........ you wont want to see the beast version armpit  :XD:

that time media also made some issue with Tang Wei's natural armpit condition in Lust Caution. haha ... 

sometimes media quite funny ...  [:p]

↡ Advertisement