Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 34 praises

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:32 PM

Schmi
  • Schmi
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Would anyone be able to advise where I can find either the Stebel Nautilus or Hella Supertone can be bought and installed?

1 Anonymous member praised this
==================================================
Drive slow, see the sights. Drive fast, see the jail.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:48 AM

Jusnel
  • Jusnel
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Would anyone be able to advise where I can find either the Stebel Nautilus or Hella Supertone can be bought and installed?

Most accessories shop sell.

Autobacs will have it also with demo set for u to try.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

Sglanevo
  • Premium member
    Sglanevo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

carousel has some sellers for both products.
Hella twin horns (red/black/limited chrome), hella sharp and super horn. Made in india.
Stebel Magnum TM80/2. Made in Italy.

i juz hve some questions. some say relay is needed, some say dont. how true is this?

are there any reputable workshop installing with relay and fuse? i knw some quoted lower price due to no relay installation.

anyone can advice. if it simple without relay, im thinking to diy.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i juz hve some questions. some say relay is needed, some say dont. how true is this?

are there any reputable workshop installing with relay and fuse? i knw some quoted lower price due to no relay installation.

anyone can advice. if it simple without relay, im thinking to diy.

stock horns should have relay already, unless u installing additional horns.

Edited by Eyke, 13 July 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Sglanevo
  • Premium member
    Sglanevo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

stock horns should have relay already, unless u installing additional horns.

is it? im replacing it. i read and some say if without relay, try not to press the horn for too long as it will fry yr cables.

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Jtb
  • Premium member
    Jtb
    5th Gear
    Author Image

is it? im replacing it. i read and some say if without relay, try not to press the horn for too long as it will fry yr cables.

no relay then do not delay too long on the horn.

most new vehicles installed builtin relay in the fuse box at engine bay.

get someone to press the horn and lay your finger on the tiny boxes around the fuse compartment

feel the vibration on the relay while the horn is pressed.

So relay is a prevention of any damages.

Sglanevo, Sdf4786k and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

Sglanevo
  • Premium member
    Sglanevo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thnks for the sharing.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

no relay then do not delay too long on the horn.

most new vehicles installed builtin relay in the fuse box at engine bay.

get someone to press the horn and lay your finger on the tiny boxes around the fuse compartment

feel the vibration on the relay while the horn is pressed.

So relay is a prevention of any damages.

Anyone here know why on Original horn if press too long the sound like punctured or choa sound .. like that .. is it batt not powerful or the horn just not able to sound for too long.

My car loan to my nephew for wedding, he say the horn although loud cannot hold for too long

Edited by Sdf4786k, 16 July 2017 - 06:23 PM.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You shout also will punchek one, mechnical/electrical devices same same one. :D

Anyone here know why on Original horn if press too long the sound like punctured or choa sound .. like that .. is it batt not powerful or the horn just not able to sound for too long.

My car loan to my nephew for wedding, he say the horn although loud cannot hold for too long

2BDriver praised this

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Marcostan
  • Premium member
    Marcostan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I am using this Lexus LS460/600 horn

Qasqai 1.2T Pearl Team Qashqai SG

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Sglanevo
  • Premium member
    Sglanevo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

still consider which model to try.
Stebel Magnum TM80/2 (Made in Italy) over Hella Red or Black Twin Horn (Germany brand but Made in India).
Based on specs, stebel is 5db higher in loudness. think i juz buy and try. hopefully i can diy and get it to work.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Sglanevo
  • Premium member
    Sglanevo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

juz some update. got my stebel 80/2 horn frm carousel seller at $23. comes without relay.
hella twin red (with Relay),twin black $30 at carousel. all cash and carry.

juz sharing my finds. my car did comes with a relay, hope my works.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

Sglanevo
  • Premium member
    Sglanevo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

juz some update. got my stebel 80/2 horn frm carousel seller at $23. comes without relay.
hella twin red (with Relay),twin black $30 at carousel. all cash and carry.

juz sharing my finds. my car did comes with a relay, hope my works.

juz found.out this is 60 anniversary model from seller. This is no Magnum tm80 model.
magnum series will comes with a relay and word "magnum" on the horns itself.

done my diy. so far so good. was told i shld insulates the wire and connectors with wire insulator tubes.

hope this wont fail on me
Sabian praised this

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Anyone can recommend a good place to install horn? Hoping to upgrade to stebel magnum or hella supertones. Autobacs sells a lot of horns but not sure if they do a good job and is it chop carrot pricing? I don't mind extra $10 or $20, but not if its twice the price.

Some drivers really need a good horn on the road....

Edited by flashbang, 27 August 2017 - 01:46 PM.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anyone can recommend a good place to install horn? Hoping to upgrade to stebel magnum or hella supertones. Autobacs sells a lot of horns but not sure if they do a good job and is it chop carrot pricing? I don't mind extra $10 or $20, but not if its twice the price.

I installed magnum stebel horn at kovan, beside the famous beef stall coffeeshop.

Just behind the main road petrol station.

I think I paid s$40-50. Can't remember. Two yrs back

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Installing and replacing the horn is quite easy. If you are already going to a regular workshop, they can install for you. If you are nice to them, they might even do it for free.

Otherwise, can self-install easily. Remove bumper clips, remove bumper (some cars just remove front grill only), remove old horn, install new horn if using existing relay. Replace bumper, remove bumper clips.

FourZero, Mcf777 and Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I personally favour the Stebel horns because of their durability and tone. installation is fuss-free and affordable.

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Singtech Car Horn

Singtech Car Horn  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Qwerty333  |  Neutral Newbie

Loud enough to warn other user

Changed my original factory horn to this because my previously original horn was too soft whenever i sound my horn road user barely could hear it. After changing to this horn most of the road user is able to heard and could prevent from accident

Singtech Car Horn

Singtech Car Horn  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JonPassat08  |  Neutral Newbie

Perfect alert sounding horn.

Reading the brochure, it produces 115dB upon sounding the horn. Loud and clear even when at extremely noise polluted areas such as in Malaysia. The horn's sound pressure was loud, the tone was different, making it stand out from the others. I... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Horn

Quick Reply

Tags: stebel horn, hella horn, horn and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users